Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fodder Cannon
Jan 12, 2008

I love to watch Fox News and then go club some baby seals

Josuke Higashikata posted:

burying the lede here is that latifi scored

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

The brought Mateschitz to Japan to show he’s still alive. Also, Kelly looks a lot like her dad, I just realized

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So GOATifi gets two points because it's a full points race?!

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

#notmychampion

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The most FIA thing would be for an announcement in 4 hours that max isn't actually WDC

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kirios posted:

So GOATifi gets two points because it's a full points race?!

25th on the grid to 9th, DOTD

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I haven't forgotten, it's the smelly bit.

scaevola
Jan 25, 2011
E: I cant read standings

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

well.. maybe next year max can win a proper championship

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

my man did it

hes the 20th driver in a field of 20 cars.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Now latifi gets the spot at alpha tauri next year

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Grimson posted:

my man did it

hes the 20th driver in a field of 20 cars.

Quick put Nyck in a redbull now that Max has won.

ja_raul
May 1, 2005
At what point did they decide to give full points, and I assume the commentary is now confirmed to be completely disconnected from the fia officials, cause wtf

As I type this Sam Collins is explaining it due to article 6.5

FIA: "The rules regarding the reduced points allocation (article 6.5) only apply in the event of race suspension that cannot be resumed, and therefore full points are awarded and Max Verstappen is World Champion."

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.
I still don’t understand why they awarded full points for a race that only just passed the 50% distance threshold. I thought that still didn’t happen until 75% even under the new rules. It’s should have been 19 points for Verstappen, 14 points for Perez and 12 points for Leclerc

ja_raul posted:

At what point did they decide to give full points, and I assume the commentary is now confirmed to be completely disconnected from the fia officials, cause wtf

FIA: "The rules regarding the reduced points allocation (article 6.5) only apply in the event of race suspension that cannot be resumed, and therefore full points are awarded and Max Verstappen is World Champion."

Ah, nevermind

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
400 posts for the race :stonk:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Custard Undies posted:

10th and 11th for the Papaya bois! Most likely exactly where they will finish the race too.

Guess I called it.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/fiadocsbot/status/1579028001580146688?s=20&t=7n8NOT5wCL713So4i-vwFQ

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Catching up, jesus christ did they really have a loving tractor on track with cars here, in the wet? you think you'd tell your loving marshalls to be careful about that ONE SPECIFIC SITUATION

Lmao serious? Rainy drive in japan jokes are back on the menu

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

ja_raul posted:

lmao stupid sport

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

ja_raul posted:

Yeah, as long as the race leader completes two laps and the race ends with cars moving across the circuit, they get full points. It's a great system.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

ja_raul
May 1, 2005

Zhou with the fastest lap! I'm really hyped for him.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

At least it’s not the last race of the season with the difference being WDC or not. If he ends 10th or higher in any of the last races he’d be WDC regardless of how todays race was scored.

FIA still incompetent on all levels though. #freemasi

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I wonder how many people will be playing SUPERMAX at Ferarri for the rest of time.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I was hyped at the start of the season what with all the new rules but Max in the vastly superior redbull has killed all my interest. My total attention to this weekend has been about 30 seconds.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Missed the final ~20 minutes of the race, and anyways I watched it on the phone today so it wasn’t exactly the best way to pay attention properly. But still think whoever sent that tractor out under red needs a very firm talking to.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
poo poo climax to a poo poo season

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pablo Bluth posted:

I was hyped at the start of the season what with all the new rules but Max in the vastly superior redbull has killed all my interest.

Seasons like last year are extremely rare, hence why they’re appreciated so highly (ignoring how Abu Dhabi ended, just in a “goes to the last race as a shootout” sense).

Seasons like this - dominant driver with even his teammate in the rear-view - are, on the whole, the majority of seasons since ~1990.

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
It'll be a good season of drive to survive

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

oh hey
https://streamable.com/3llgll
turns out they had marshals on track as well while cars were going by quite fast

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

It might not have been a particularly tense season, but it must certainly have been one of the all-time funniest thanks to Ferrari's unequalled and inexhaustible passione.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Wow another year where the FIA have had to fix it for Red Bull. Sad!

At least Seb did well :unsmith:

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

Wow another year where the FIA have had to fix it for Red Bull. Sad!

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

LochNessMonster posted:

At least it’s not the last race of the season with the difference being WDC or not. If he ends 10th or higher in any of the last races he’d be WDC regardless of how todays race was scored.

FIA still incompetent on all levels though. #freemasi

was it the FIAs confusion or was it Sky Sports who didn’t read the rule book right and told everyone about the reduced-points thing?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Rumour has it Ferrari's protesting Leclerc's 5-point penalty so we haven't seen the last of this season's lols yet

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Maybe one year the races held at countries where it always seems to be a monsoon in certain parts of the year could be moved to a month where that is less likely to happen, it’s not like there aren’t enough desert dictatorship venues with guaranteed dry running to fill the gaps in.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

It's slam dunk penalty

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

Maybe one year the races held at countries where it always seems to be a monsoon in certain parts of the year could be moved to a month where that is less likely to happen, it’s not like there aren’t enough desert dictatorship venues with guaranteed dry running to fill the gaps in.

This wasn’t even from a monsoon, it’s just snapped cold and rainy. It’ll be 29 in Tokyo on Tuesday even :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Very dominant drive from max again, 25 sec gap at the end. Whether he’s wdc now or next race, makes no difference