Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have some good spooky pics of the fog to post when I am back home from my trip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
In a weird twist, all the photos come out blank, and also you’ve been dead this entire time

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

haveblue posted:

also you’ve been dead this entire time

it's such a pain when this happens

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm just trying to have a nice vacation, could the bondage personification of my own guilt stop chasing me with a machete for one second?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Started Yakuza 3

..HOW ARE YOU ALIVE?! :stare:

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I have finally gotten around to Hitman 3 after playing the poo poo out of 2 and the backported levels of 1. I am also making the Gamer™ choice this time and disabling all of the HUD wayfinding to help you find targets / follow mission stories / etc. I'm still messing around in the first level but it's given me a lot more respect for their level design chops. They do a great job of signposting interesting plots and routes with NPC chatter, items, etc. that you can use to piece together assassination methods without just following the HUD. Looking forward to exploring more and also seeing what insane new kill methods they've thought up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Flew a kite on the beach in the fog, and I think it turned out really great in a super creepy way. You would be able to see the ocean, but the fog was that thick, the ocean was literally like 5 feet away.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Flew a kite on the beach in the fog, and I think it turned out really great in a super creepy way. You would be able to see the ocean, but the fog was that thick, the ocean was literally like 5 feet away.

Turn your draw distance up

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Macaw45/status/1578921663860965376

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

Turn your draw distance up

This was the N64 version.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Infinitum posted:

Started Yakuza 3

..HOW ARE YOU ALIVE?! :stare:

I love Yakuza 3 a lot and I wish it got the Kiwami treatment. Also that it was 90% Kiryu running the orphanage in Okinawa :shobon:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Rarity posted:

World at War:

gently caress the taking the Reichstag mission ughhhhh

I remember playing through Word at War on the hardest difficulty only to get stuck on the steps of the Reichstag because Nazis spawned infinitely and I just could not get to the next checkpoint.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I love Yakuza 3 a lot and I wish it got the Kiwami treatment. Also that it was 90% Kiryu running the orphanage in Okinawa :shobon:

Same.

I’ve played 0-4 and am like 2/3rds of the way through 5 and I think my ranking would be

Yakuza 0
Yakuza 3
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza 4

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

If 5 sticks the landing it’ll be going to second place.

I’m not sure anything can top 0 for me, that game is phenomenal.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mode 7 posted:

If 5 sticks the landing it’ll be going to second place.

I’m not sure anything can top 0 for me, that game is phenomenal.

Yeah, for me (6 not finished yet) it's

But 2 and 5 are neck and neck and it'll change up based on how I'm feeling on the day. 0 is untouchable, it's a masterpiece.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
klonoa is goated

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
i gotta play those new klonoa ports eventually

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W80Jcay7PZU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

All this time I thought klonoa was tomba, and vice versa

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wow overwatch 2 is actually worse than I thought it could be

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I finished CoD: World at War! The final mission was a fun romp through the Reichstag ending with proudly planting the Russian flag on its roof. Overall I'd say this is probably the best of the WW2 CoDs. Even though the previous games had already mined all the most famous bits this still managed to have some great set pieces (I loved the airplane mission), there was fantastic use of music stings throughout and I really respect that they carried on Modern Warfare's anti-war messaging which is long gone from the franchise at this point. I'm just going to take a quick blast at the Zombies mode to see why its become such a big thing and then it's on to my next game which is...

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts! Full disclosure: the oriignal B-K is in my top 10 games of all time and I know that this is... not that. I'm going to try to take the game for what it is and not what it's not

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rarity posted:

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts! Full disclosure: the oriignal B-K is in my top 10 games of all time and I know that this is... not that. I'm going to try to take the game for what it is and not what it's not

Hope you like jokes about girl gamers not being real gamers :P

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
OH MY GOD BANJO GOT SOME PUDGE THIS IS ADORABLE

FirstAidKite posted:

Hope you like jokes about girl gamers not being real gamers :P

No I do not :ohdear:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

was very moved by this vocal theme in the snowboarding level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY_6jipjKyY

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I ran over a pig and he told me to watch it cause his relatives were cops :vince:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I think Nuts & Bolts is a pretty good game, too bad about it being a Banjo-Kazooie game also and having some really bad jokes. I love B-K (and B-T more than I should) so I was very disappointed with it when it came out, but it's a pretty fun and unique game overall with some very annoying challenges at points.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The saddest thing about Nuts & Bolts, regardless of its quality, is that the backlash of it killed Rare and made Microsoft send its shambling corpse to the Kinect mines

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Nuts & Bolts should've just been a Diddy Kong Racing game

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I don't think it was necessarily a bad idea to make Nuts & Bolts a B-K game, I think it was just a bad idea because there hadn't been a B-K game in so long. If there had just been one a few years prior I don't think people would've reacted as negatively.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm really digging it so far. The classic B-K tone is dead on and I like how exploration is still a major factor. That was always the best part of the original game, just seeing a landmark and climbing all over it to see what was going on.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rarity posted:

they carried on Modern Warfare's anti-war messaging

:raise:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Barudak posted:

I assume it took you this long to get out of queue so you could actually see how bad the game was.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't know about anti-war in general but Modern Warfare 1 has a few things to say about America and the Middle East

Modern Warfare 2 and onward has the exact opposite to say about it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah it's not like Spec Ops: The Line level or anything but the first Modern Warfare has a fair few moments which really express that war just fucks everyone up

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
AI Somnium: Nirvana Initiative: I’m a few chapters into Mizkui’s story, on the part with the balloon hunt, speciation/general commentary for anyone who’s also played it since I wanna wait till I beat it to post/look in the actual thread:

huh, the fact that the first part of the game is told from the perspective of a mentally unwell man sure isn’t sending off red flags out the rear end or anything. I miss Ryuji as a protagonist more than I thought I would, his tendency to just get weird with it out of nowhere (I AM HERE! HALF MIGHT!) was endearing. Also Iris’s voice actor was really good at pretending to be Moma, one of the funnier parts of both games.

Localization seems a lil janky in parts sadly, but I’m guessing a lot of it was done in the pandemic and it doesn’t seem to have affected the dub at least so it could be worse.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The detached guncrew watching their monitors and casually lobbing artillery shells at the humanoid shapes on the ground is probably the most real depiction of *ahem* modern warfare ever depicted in a mainstream video game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

One of my favorite parts is when the US military and the SAS meet up and the Rangers and SAS logos slam into each other and look all badass

The meetup is like two rangers because all the others are dead. Every named American soldier dies by the end of the game lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Barudak posted:

Yeah the Overwatch rebranding to an unnecessary and unjustified sequel has been embarrassing. Barely anything was changed, and what was changed is significantly worse than before. This update is possible worse than what happened with Warcraft 3 Reforged.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Yeah the Overwatch rebranding to an unnecessary and unjustified sequel has been embarrassing. Barely anything was changed, and what was changed is significantly worse than before. This update is possible worse than what happened with Warcraft 3 Reforged.

This is the wildest thing. What did they do for five years? This feels like a bad patch that gets reverted after 3 months because absolutely nothing here is good or major.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pETD7QT6TcU

tl;dr version - They've been working on a complex PvE mode (which is still not ready) and have only spent the last year or so on the PvP game (which is all that's available currently).