Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I normally don't mind Heavy too much but lemme tell you, the curse where everything is Heavy on Unfair? It's not very fair!

The damage part is fine, the killer is making your heals/shields Heavy, which just about makes them entirely useless.

I also tried the "can't reroll anything" curse, but too many starting X sides killed me on that. The "everything turns into bones when it dies" curse was the most fun but threw me off a lot with "okay if I kill this, the goblin will run and - poo poo BONES" and I ended up dying on the slime queen.

Right now my biggest gripe is that the 5 preview achievements are an unfair win and four things that I can't really control, like "pick X item" or "get 5 poison on a character" but that's more of a gripe with my ability to pick what to do next than any flaw with the game itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Getting thimble with the dancer and a bonus to the left side is wonderful :kiss:

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
I'm finally getting back into the swing of things, still think it is harder than before though.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Meanwhile I had a 5x blues hard run where I stoked up enough mana to Blaze and otherwise damage Hexia to death turn 1 at the cost of only two heroes and then mopped up everyone else after. Still haven't lucked into any amazingly broken item combos but I'm sure I just have to keep playing.

On a 2x red, 3x blue run I got sushi plus the item that quadruples the left side on one blue and had the sorcerer as well and the final boss was dragon who didn't stand a chance. Not quite infinite rerolls but could get 20+ easily so a ton of mana.

Ebola Dog fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 9, 2022

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Jedit posted:

There's a button in Settings that will attempt to import all your achievements.

I saw it, but alas nothing carried over because my save file was too old. Did not want to unlock everything. There's so much new things, I agree with the tooltip that I'm better off stating from scratch.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Chas McGill posted:

Getting thimble with the dancer and a bonus to the left side is wonderful :kiss:
Got thimble in Generator and put it on the orange hero with poison + plague tiles, destroyed Hexia in 3-4 turns.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I've been such a fool for not noticing Foretell is not single-cast. It's not Inspire on a weaver using charged mana-gain but it makes Seer more competitive than it looks.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Raid mode is pretty fun right up until you hit the final boss and double dragons both fireball and wipe your entire field with no recourse, lmao. Game owns.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
By the way, has anyone been able to take the "Add Lich To Every Fight" and survive? It seems like regardless of how powerful your blessing a full party of T1 characters is never going to take them down without being swarmed by skeletons / petrified to death.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Beat hard with a 4x blue 1x red group for the achievement. Managed to get both the charged hammer and power helm on my artificer by the end which resulted in a nice 30+ damage to one shot Hexia.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I have an interesting issue. My 5yo is on my Google family group so when he wants a game he's seen a streamer play or whatever I research it and if it's ok I buy it, then he has access to it. I unlocked slice and dice but because it's an in app purchase, it doesn't unlock on his phone. Is there any way to link it to mine or something?

Edit:
Here's a screenshot. Cantrip is my favorite keyword.

I beat him before the first turn. Thank you very much. Where's my achievement for that?

RodShaft fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 11, 2022

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Valkyrie's "target can't be killed this turn" with the angel feather (reusable if it saves a life) lets you keep your whole team alive indefinitely, and it's 2 faces of the Valkyrie's die. I finally broke my losing streak with that.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Can anyone here figure out why the Leaden Handle on my Assassin isn't transferring its effect to my Twins with Emerald Mirror equipped? It works if I equip the Handle on anyone else, idk if it's a bug or if I'm missing some niche interaction.

`{d:{l:{m:[Sniper,Basilisk,Basilisk,Sniper]},m:[Jewelled Chalice,Greased Dice,Revive 3 hp,Frail middle,Horde,Armour,i-Gauntlet,Nostalgia,Revive 2 hp,Bottom Poison,"Add [purple]Slimelet[cu] (11-20)"],n:38,p:{h:[Assassin~Gauntlet~Leaden Handle,Collector~Broadsword,Twin~Emerald Mirror,Tw1n~D,r3-922~Bonesaw~Enchanted Harp,Chronos~Spell: Light~Shining Bow]}},p:["2{}",3],s:20220132502,v:201r}`

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Nice, thanks for the paste. Emeralds apply other hero items from top to bottom, so orange's handle comes before the broadsword.

Works like this

`{d:{l:{m:[Sniper,Basilisk,Basilisk,Sniper]},m:[Jewelled Chalice,Greased Dice,Revive 3 hp,Frail middle,Horde,Armour,i-Gauntlet,Nostalgia,Revive 2 hp,Bottom Poison,"Add [purple]Slimelet[cu] (11-20)"],n:38,p:{h:[Assassin~Gauntlet~Broadsword,Collector~Leaden Handle,Twin~Emerald Mirror,Tw1n~D,r3-922~Bonesaw~Enchanted Harp,Chronos~Spell: Light~Shining Bow]}},p:["2{}",3],s:20220132502,v:201-1i}`

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oooh, I see. That's kind of an annoying little snag with stuff like Broadsword, I suppose, since you usually want that thing on a specific hero. But I guess this is enough of an edge case interaction it's not a big deal.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Played through the demo and liked it a lot, so I went ahead and bought the game.

Hoo boy hard 20 levels is not messing around. My 7yo was a little perturbed by the difficulty!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

silvergoose posted:

Played through the demo and liked it a lot, so I went ahead and bought the game.

Hoo boy hard 20 levels is not messing around. My 7yo was a little perturbed by the difficulty!

On the previous version I never beat unfair on classic. I have yet to beat normal in classic in the updated version.

Game rules.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

CainFortea posted:

On the previous version I never beat unfair on classic. I have yet to beat normal in classic in the updated version.

Game rules.

I beat easy and normal in classic in the newest, but adding a curse, whee. I took spells cost an extra and I think that was a huge mistake, limited my flexibility so much.

Game does, in fact, rule. Good job Tann!

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

silvergoose posted:

I beat easy and normal in classic in the newest, but adding a curse, whee. I took spells cost an extra and I think that was a huge mistake, limited my flexibility so much.

Game does, in fact, rule. Good job Tann!

The curse you pick really makes a difference, I tried with the extra hp which was fine until I hit fanatics who had a poo poo ton of extra hp. Next try I picked an extra wisp in each fight which was much easier to deal with. Granted I was doing custom party with 1x red and 4x blue, but in the final boss one extra wisp really doesn't make much difference!

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Bl/cursed mode is so much fun. The blessings make it much easier to come up with cool combos. I ended up with the weak+pain on top and bottom plus the +2+pain all sides on a whirl, it was awesome. Didn't feel the need to upgrade him ever!

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.
Game owns, especially with the latest update. The replayability is off the charts!

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

God, I just had an Unfair run that I almost finished. Got a Wanderer with Prism and Monocle, plus a Sharpshooter. End result was a 4 damage quad-use with Engage and Rainbow, and the Sharpshooter could copycat that for a 7 damage quad-use! Unfortunately I rolled poorly enough on The Hand that I just barely lost; he died, but the turn before he did he summoned 3 Sabers. :negative:

My curses for that run were Doom++++, Monster Charged, and Mortal+. Monster Charged and Mortal+ are super super easy to work around. The Doom is what killed me in the end but I'm still pretty glad I took it, it literally never triggered until the final boss (and frankly, I probably should have been able to kill the final boss anyway, I just got really unlucky).

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Alpha with two warchiefs is complete BS. I lose to this more than dragon :(

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Holy poo poo, I randomly boot the game up again after a several month haitus and there's new content! What a great surprise!

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Just started this game (demo) because I was looking for games that didn't track data unnecessarily and it was ranked well on the Google Play store. I beat my first runs of Easy and Medium and it's really good. It makes great use of the pixel art and the screen and I expect to buy it, which might be the most I'll've spent on a mobile game.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Arzaac posted:

God, I just had an Unfair run that I almost finished. Got a Wanderer with Prism and Monocle, plus a Sharpshooter. End result was a 4 damage quad-use with Engage and Rainbow, and the Sharpshooter could copycat that for a 7 damage quad-use! Unfortunately I rolled poorly enough on The Hand that I just barely lost; he died, but the turn before he did he summoned 3 Sabers. :negative:

My curses for that run were Doom++++, Monster Charged, and Mortal+. Monster Charged and Mortal+ are super super easy to work around. The Doom is what killed me in the end but I'm still pretty glad I took it, it literally never triggered until the final boss (and frankly, I probably should have been able to kill the final boss anyway, I just got really unlucky).

Wait, why is monster charged level 3 and - 3 max mana level 2?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

My son was excited to show me his statue.

Does buying it through itchio come with the full version APK as well?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Dr. Stab posted:

Wait, why is monster charged level 3 and - 3 max mana level 2?

I think the answer is just that even though at a baseline Charged Monster is better, they interact with other things differently. For example, any +max mana items work very well with -3 max mana, but they don't work with Charged Monster. You also realistically don't want to combo Charged Monster with other mana curses like Forget Burst, or Single Spells.

But yeah in practice all those are pretty negligible and I'd rather just have Charged Monster for that extra curse point. :v:

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

The Statue is my favourite 2.0 addition.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

RodShaft posted:

Does buying it through itchio come with the full version APK as well?

Sorry about the steam google family thing, yeah itch has the full version apk.

edit: I thought monster charged might be trickier since sometimes you can't spend all the mana. Though I might remove it; it's weird how it shows the incoming assuming that you will discard to max mana so the enemy abilities don't match up with the incoming damage pips.

Tann fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 12, 2022

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Tann posted:

Sorry about the steam family thing, yeah itch has the full version apk.

*Google family

No worries, I was gonna buy the PC version anyway. So it'll work itself out(if I can sideload games on his phone. I've never tried)

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

God I finally did it, I finally squeaked out an unfair win

In some ways I feel like new unfair is easier? Like it's still plenty difficult, but the randomized curses means sometimes you luck into something that's really manageable. This feels like one of those cases: Monster Column +1 is rarely too much of a problem, Pain Edges is fine as long as you change your hero picks to de-emphasize the edges, and Revive 3 hp is basically nothing. For some Tier 1 heroes, you'll even revive with more HP than normal.

I don't feel like I got particularly overpowered either. Eccentric with Dumbbell and Duvet is admittedly a real solid 8 damage a turn, and Ace seems like it would be really powerful but I literally never managed to trigger Pair or Triple, so he was in effect just Evoker+. My fight against the hand ended up real down to the wire, with only 3 heroes alive. All in all, I felt pretty powerful but never like my victory was guaranteed.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Three loops into a Blursed run late at night, thought process: "Oh right, Mana Bomb. That just eats up all my mana to deal damage to the enemies, right? I will not bother to double check."

Narrator: "That's not what Mana Bomb does."

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I still don't really get what mana bomb does, and every time it's come up i've been in the middle of a really good run and don't want to chance it.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

CainFortea posted:

I still don't really get what mana bomb does, and every time it's come up i've been in the middle of a really good run and don't want to chance it.

It spends all your mana and deals that much damage to everything.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I think the easiest way to remember it is to call it a potential cheat code for the Draw achievement (where you win AND lose a fight at the same time).

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Monster left +5 seems pretty manageable until a Grave lands it twice in a row and suddenly you have like 15 monsters to deal with.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Nighthand posted:

Monster left +5 seems pretty manageable until a Grave lands it twice in a row and suddenly you have like 15 monsters to deal with.

Yeah I had a decent team on unfair last night, but I came across two graves just spitting out bones and ended up with like double digits in reserve.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

teethgrinder posted:

The Statue is my favourite 2.0 addition.

I used to think the Gambler sucked because he had too many junk sides, now I'm unironically picking statue sometimes.

Hidden benefit to statue is enemies will flee more often because of how high he pushes your party HP.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Was initially disappointed that achievements didn't carry over properly, but the tooltip is correct that it's more fun to go through again clean.

New version has so much cool stuff. Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

CubicalSucrose posted:

Was initially disappointed that achievements didn't carry over properly, but the tooltip is correct that it's more fun to go through again clean.

New version has so much cool stuff. Wow.

Yeah, it's the same game but a very different game. Holy hell do I need to rework my play style. Previously I could swing a 5 - 10 run streak on hard. Can't even manage a win let alone a streak most days now. So many new challenging ways to die.