Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

On the Tua thing I’d be really surprised if the independent guys aren’t strongly encouraged with a wink and nod to clear players in all but the worst cases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah I’m confused, the new rules says any motor instability is an auto bench. The concussion protocol doesn’t really factor into that. That was like the whole point of the change

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The defensive line showed up today.

https://twitter.com/ZackBlatt/status/1579231439731576833

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mcmagic posted:

Tua would not be getting roasted for a 66% comp 10 YPA game where his team scores 40 points lol

My man, he threw 4 TDs in a quarter and got dunked on for under throwing one of them.

If he had as much to do with the results you posted as Zach Wilson did, yes he absolutely would.

But the point is: that’s real dumb and Zach Wilson played well.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
If the Jets can score TDs and Wilson doesn't throw INTs I'm happy. If the team gets to the Redzone and has to constantly kick FGs it's an issue.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I’m going the Bills game in a couple weeks. Should be fun regardless but I hope we don’t get shithoused.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

mcmagic posted:

I have a hard time believing he's going to play for a million bucks next year. Especially if he has a huge season this year.
It would be Beane's MO to extend him during the next off-season. The Bills aren't in a position to offer him as much as other teams so it will depend on his willingness to accept the Catch Josh Allen Balls discount and earlier pay increase over waiting a year for some team to throw silly money at him. Or Beane breaks everyone's heart by trading him.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
That game will be for first place!

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I think both ends of this spectrum are dumb as hell. People desperate to make this a Miami thing - good or bad - are silly. Miami followed and did the same poo poo all these other teams are doing. Look at the spotters missing Brate etc.

Miami isn’t being punished, they’re just following the new rules that occurred because of the brutal hit Tua took. No more no less, just like rest of the league

https://twitter.com/TuaGangGang/status/1579220921881333760?s=20&t=5q-viC_KOVcBDkgyKR-SGQ

I mean maybe there's something that didn't appear on camera, but #1 there involves a guy getting pulled from the rest of the game with no symptoms on play #1, and #2 involves a guy taking a very clear helmet-to-helmet hit and having trouble getting up after it and not being evaluated.

I don't think it's a particularly big reach given the players involved that the NFL is going to fail miserably to make any meaningful changes, and will largely make it's decision making process on this new rule on the potential public relations element.

edit- I guess you can't imbed two video tweets, click on it I guess.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I’m going the Bills game in a couple weeks. Should be fun regardless but I hope we don’t get shithoused.

If they ever went 2-1 in the next 3 games they are in such loving great shape to get to 8 or 9.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

why is everyone out to get my Miami Dolphins ?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Amy Pole Her posted:

I think both ends of this spectrum are dumb as hell. People desperate to make this a Miami thing - good or bad - are silly. Miami followed and did the same poo poo all these other teams are doing. Look at the spotters missing Brate etc.

I'm not saying that's what I think. Y'all are the ones putting forth these conspiracy theories for why you lost.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

AVT is a god wherever he plays on the line. All-Pro.

https://twitter.com/ConnorJRogers/status/1579242899094790149

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

pasaluki posted:

I'm not saying that's what I think. Y'all are the ones putting forth these conspiracy theories for why you lost.

:lol: at this point I hope y’all go 19-1 and win the Super Bowl because holy heck

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The OL was VERY good today. That ugly 17 yard sack was on the RB. Best they have played this season by far. Maybe the Brown thing will work out better than it looked like it was trending.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

TheBizzness posted:

:lol: at this point I hope y’all go 19-1 and win the Super Bowl because holy heck

Your lips to god’s ears brother

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Hamhandler posted:

https://twitter.com/TuaGangGang/status/1579220921881333760?s=20&t=5q-viC_KOVcBDkgyKR-SGQ

I mean maybe there's something that didn't appear on camera, but #1 there involves a guy getting pulled from the rest of the game with no symptoms on play #1, and #2 involves a guy taking a very clear helmet-to-helmet hit and having trouble getting up after it and not being evaluated.

I don't think it's a particularly big reach given the players involved that the NFL is going to fail miserably to make any meaningful changes, and will largely make it's decision making process on this new rule on the potential public relations element.

edit- I guess you can't imbed two video tweets, click on it I guess.

I don't know, it looks more like Berrios might have just been winded? Also in general the QB position is under a much bigger microscope.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

t a s t e posted:

Your lips to god’s ears brother

You deserve it, friend.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

TheBizzness posted:

Me too but let's talk poo poo in the meantime no?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Since going 36 of 39 including 8 of 9 from 50+ and making an All Pro team in 2020, Jason Sanders is 29/39 and 2/8 from 50+.

He has become a bit of a liability.

pasaluki posted:

Me too but let's talk poo poo in the meantime no?

Always!

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

week 3: bills fans angry about a loss involving questionable concussion evaluations
week 5: dolphins fans angry about a loss involving questionable concussion evaluations

the circle of life

edit: to be clear i think keeping teddy out was the right move, but yeah that berrios clip and everything else about the NFL doesn't really give me tons of faith in the updated protocols fixing much

stuker fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 10, 2022

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

pasaluki posted:

I literally just said the opposite and *thats* your response? What’s going on thread. Be better

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I’m not mad about the Teddy thing because frankly it’s what the Dolphins deserve and additionally the only statement I can make about Teddy playing the whole game is “the final score would have been closer”.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

I’m not mad about the Teddy thing because frankly it’s what the Dolphins deserve and additionally the only statement I can make about Teddy playing the whole game is “the final score would have been closer”.

It's not unreasonable to say the Dolphins win the game if Teddy plays.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

I literally just said the opposite and *thats* your response? What’s going on thread. Be better

I was talking ab what Hamhandler said.

I'm happy the Dolphins lost more because it was consistent with my prediction model.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Prediction for next week: Mahomes is going to pick on Elam.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
All due respect to several of the studs they drafted but that CB is truly special. Dude is a true rookie and he’s just dominant

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
How the gently caress is Chiefs Bills not Sunday or Monday night

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

TheBizzness posted:

How the gently caress is Chiefs Bills not Sunday or Monday night

Broncos and Russ have to get all the Prime Time slots

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I thought it was pretty obvious on replay that the Berrios hit was more of a glancing blow and not really why he stayed down. He definitely had the wind knocked out of him.

I’m not a medical professional though and would have been fine with him being removed if they did.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

syzpid posted:

Broncos and Russ have to get all the Prime Time slots

This is very annoying. I've seen more than enough of that team.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pablo Bluth posted:

Prediction for next week: Mahomes is going to pick on Elam.

True, but I like the attitude here

https://mobile.twitter.com/haprusak/status/1579227663213809664

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hard to get too bent out of shape about a defense that gave up three points but I would like Tre back.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hell get better and better

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

Hard to get too bent out of shape about a defense that gave up three points but I would like Tre back.

This next week is probably the last game the bills play this season that means anything before the playoffs.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

mcmagic posted:

This next week is probably the last game the bills play this season that means anything before the playoffs.

Packers @ Bills for SNF isn't important per se but I'm gonna get up for that one for sure

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

t a s t e posted:

Packers @ Bills for SNF isn't important per se but I'm gonna get up for that one for sure

The Packers are terrible. Look what garbage they lost to today. The bills should kill them.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

maybe but there's something about that aaron fraudgers mystique

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/BuffaloBobZ/status/1579260733866799104?t=AJ8BoMinynb3XayLUqrDww&s=19
Just filthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

anything interesting happen today