Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Shadow0 posted:

Oh, and while I'm thinking about it and not probated:

The LP thread is coming up on Tuesday.

LP is a very chill forum. This thread could've been an LP all by itself, honestly. Especially with the travel log posts.

If you want the true LP experience, drop by the sandcastle and post something you've got in the works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oh no I'm so owned

Chill Monster
Apr 23, 2014
The secret 2 posting in FYAD is 2 quote Borat :ssh:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

StrixNebulosa posted:

Genuine question: why?

I'm personally not into the fyad scene at all, as my exposure to it has been fyad being cruel, and that's not my humor at all. What do you see it as? Why do you want to fit in there?

Additionally, why did you use a slur? I know fyad's the slurs-allowed place, but why?

What do I see it as? I see it as "mission: failed". I'm not trying to fit in there. I'm just trying to make one thread that will. For better or worse, FYAD is a part of these forums.
But I said I'm moving on. We can revisit the idea far later. Maybe.

Incidentally, I blame this all on Ptasie Mleczko. :arghfist:

I'm sorry about using that word. I felt like I was pushed on my back foot and was worried about the thread. I didn't want to look even more like I didn't belong. And I thought it was better to respond in kind.
It's something I never say, and I often try to stop the people around me from saying it (usually being the only one, as the only native speaker). But I may have underestimated its offensiveness.
I'm really sorry.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Oct 8, 2022

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

sigher posted:

OPs jumping straight into the endgame secret bosses at LVL1 instead of leveling first.

I did once spend several days on my first* play through Dark Souls punching the tutorial boss to death.
*I deleted the first character shortly after doing it the intended way and going through the open door.
And also the only part of Breath of the Wild I've played is the tutorial area, the final boss, and the straight line between those two places.

I may have a problem...

Sitting Here posted:

i'm enjoying the thoughtful travel log entries OP

Thanks! I'm not a very good writer, but I'm trying! I'm not sure if many of the other subforums are going to give me much material to work with though, to be honest...

Geemer posted:

LP is a very chill forum. This thread could've been an LP all by itself, honestly. Especially with the travel log posts.

If you want the true LP experience, drop by the sandcastle and post something you've got in the works.

That's actually a good idea! I'll do that, thanks!

Edit:

Bad Purchase posted:

couple more let's play ideas:

- stream hades until you first successful escape. that's a great game, and watching a new player slowly progress and discover the bosses would be cool.

- elden ring, but not a full run if you've never played it before. maybe just beating godrick in stormveil, or rennala in liurnia for the first time. another one where watching a new player learn by dying over and over would be fun.

also, stardew is definitely a chill game to watch, but you need some kind of short term goal like reaching the bottom of the mines or marrying the goon (shane, because clint can't be married), because a full stardew playthrough where you complete the in game objectives is gonna be over 100 hours, especially if you do the new ginger island stuff. make sure you have some goal in mind.

factorio sounds fun. among us seems pretty stale at this point. i don't know enough about the other games to weigh in.

I forgot to respond to this. I love Supergiant Games and have been meaning to play Hades, but it's not multiplayer, right?
I don't want to stream Elden Ring right now, sorry. In fact, I'm on the fence on whether I want to make a new Twitch account just so people here can't see my Dark Souls clips.
You can "beat" Stardew Valley in one year if you're good and you buy the red cabbage. I haven't actually tried any of the newer stuff though, I know it adds a lot. But I think, yeah, there's not really any goal I can think of that isn't more or less the same gameplay as always. I don't understand why everyone likes Shane though.
I think Among Us might only be fun depending on the guests to the stream, but I don't know how I'd get the people joining to join the stream audio and there'd be very little chemistry between us, so maybe it's also not the best idea.

Bad Purchase posted:

getting my popcorn ready for when byob rips op to shreds this weekend

:ohdear:

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Oct 8, 2022

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
New thread is up! I have strong feelings about numbers

Not the most interesting thread. And something I know other people have much more expertise in. But I'm not sure I have anything else in my life unique to me that I can fill a page+ with.

Edit: Oh wow, the last thread was stickied! Also this thread was stickied (not sure if I already reacted to that XD)! Thank you whoever did that! <3

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Oct 15, 2022

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Shadow0 posted:

Edit: I forgot to mention, I have a capture card and a Switch so other options:
Super Mario Maker 2: Listen to me try to read all the titles in all the funny languages. It has a co-op and a competitive option.
Mario Party

i vote this, personally. there have been a couple of Super Mario Maker LPs that have ruled and have left me wanting more. especially if you can find and show off the weird stuff.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Chill Monster posted:

The secret 2 posting in FYAD is 2 quote Borat :ssh:

very nice

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Shadow0 posted:

I forgot to respond to this. I love Supergiant Games and have been meaning to play Hades, but it's not multiplayer, right?
I don't want to stream Elden Ring right now, sorry. In fact, I'm on the fence on whether I want to make a new Twitch account just so people here can't see my Dark Souls clips.
You can "beat" Stardew Valley in one year if you're good and you buy the red cabbage. I haven't actually tried any of the newer stuff though, I know it adds a lot. But I think, yeah, there's not really any goal I can think of that isn't more or less the same gameplay as always. I don't understand why everyone likes Shane though.
I think Among Us might only be fun depending on the guests to the stream, but I don't know how I'd get the people joining to join the stream audio and there'd be very little chemistry between us, so maybe it's also not the best idea.

oh, i missed the part where you said you wanted it to be multiplayer with goons. that does rule out Hades unless maybe there's a multiplayer mod or something.

you can't "beat" stardew in one year unless you just mean completing all the community center bundles. that one is possible with red cabbage from the cart or skull cavern. but your grandpa won't show up to give you your rating until the start of year 3, and with the ginger island update there is an in game perfection tracker which is probably what most people would call beating the game now without any other context. that one can be done in two years (gated by learning the last cooking recipe from the TV), but there's a whole lot more you have to do and i don't want to spoil anything. the biggest hurdle is probably the ~13 million you have to spend in farm upgrades.

also nobody likes shane. you marry shane to punish yourself. he is definitely the goon, though.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
That Factorio mod looks pretty hilarious and I would participate in a goon play of it. Godspeed

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think I want to go with the Factorio thing since it's more unique than SMM2 and lets me get more goons involved easier. Also I'm bad at platforming anyway. And just gaming in general... 🤔
I'll alert the Factorio thread in Games now, throw up my thread when I arrive in LP for coordinating, and we'll figure out a date for the stream(s) then.

I'll stream SMM2 on the same Twitch account later if people do want to see that in the future. And then of course whatever else.

Edit:

KirbyKhan posted:

If you want to do Factorio lettus play, I present my portfolio to you for co-chair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yGwizeB-W4

Thanks for the playlist! I'm making my way through your videos. Really cool to see such an earlier version of the game!
When the thread comes up, we can discuss how we want to do commentary.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Oct 8, 2022

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Today's going to be another doozy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
BYOB welcomes the OP with open arms :hai:

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Rarity posted:

BYOB welcomes the OP with open arms :hai:

lmao at the people acting like the byob posting experience is anything like the fyad one.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

rear end-penny posted:

lmao at the people acting like the byob posting experience is anything like the fyad one.

It's still 2008, right?

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't drink beer, will they be fine with me bringing root beer? :guinness:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Shadow0 posted:

it stands for birth your own baby, op

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
New thread is up! :cheerdoge: The sequel to dogs

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Oct 15, 2022

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
nothing to add to thread other than I think this is neat

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shadow0 posted:

Trashed is a state of mind

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
BYOB is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In BYOB you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the BYOB motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

rear end-penny posted:

Yeah one has a pink background and the other has a blue background

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

rear end-penny posted:

lol

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

quote:

posting experience
:goonsay:

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

that's a good byob thread op

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

more falafel please posted:

that's a good byob thread op

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I wanted to say heyah in each of your threads aside from fyad, sadly the pmf is impossible to post in, but its nice to return to byob.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yeah one has a pink background and the other has a blue background

we also have a hammock cat

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
📝 Travel update:

When I arrived in PMF, I wasn't quite prepared for the quiet. Just alone with my own thoughts. I think one of SA's strengths is that there are no feedback buttons. No upvotes or likes or dislikes. But I feel a bit uneasy. I'm trying to make something interesting, but also accurate. There's no one to correct me if I say something inaccurate, and there's no one else to contribute. It will be a long while before the thread even gets any rating, if it ever gets one at all.
It's probably a fine place if you have a strong idea, but it's hard to imagine things that aren't better in collaboration with other goons. I'll keep the thread running for some time I suppose. Hopefully it's entertaining or interesting enough...

I then finally reached BYOB! Already one of my favorite places on the forums; they really are a welcoming, but also tremendously clever and funny bunch. I think the thread went well! I will have to carry these good vibes with me in the ensuing days.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Dec 4, 2022

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
get people to vote in the PMF thread. i think you only need 5 votes in that sub for the ranking to appear...

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Can FYAD IK's probe any goons in the forum, or just those that post in FYAD?

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

why is fyad able to affect anything outside of their forum?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

The Bananana posted:

lmfao

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

regular gbs posters spooked..... "can the fyad ik chain probe ME?!"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

telling spooky fyad ik chain probe stories at the camp fire for halloween

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Bananana posted:

yeah

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

telling spooky fyad ik chain probe stories at the camp fire for halloween

Look, DUDER...
it's Halloween

Don't be a dick.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

this is e-bullying

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

"And there, on the goon's profile...was an FYAD IK probe"