Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Really cool, thank you!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Hubbert posted:

Really cool, thank you!

it is cool i agree

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
https://imgur.com/WW6ahFn

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

living her best life

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

what are your blokes thoughts on “walkable cities” now?

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

is building on a gas station a bit optimistic? isn't there a high risk the land is contaminated?

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Wizard Master posted:

Walkable shitties amirite?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Wizard Master posted:

i think theyre good

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

cowboy beepboop posted:

is building on a gas station a bit optimistic? isn't there a high risk the land is contaminated?

i had the same thought when i saw a huge apartment building being build on the grave of what was just a scant six months ago a shell station but i guess not.... or???

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
They are pretty good: FOR ME TO POOP ON

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

i had the same thought when i saw a huge apartment building being build on the grave of what was just a scant six months ago a shell station but i guess not.... or???

You just have to clean it up if necessary, it's not insurmountable.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

They have convenience stores inside gas stations so presumably the other corner of the lot is just as (unsafe)?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Wizard Master posted:

is this cumulative or annually?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Wizard Master posted:

Still good. dont care.

also how they know they aren't just big dog shits?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You can usually tell by the taste.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Wizard Master posted:

You just need the right footwear

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

lmao

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

tires are a scam....apparently

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

loving sticky beaks mind your own beeswax and buzz off

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://twitter.com/bolderbekah/status/1579178215356055552?s=20&t=rxnw2o8-f5TJqG4Jv5FFOQ

It sounds like she wasn’t arrested or charged in any way. Also, not clear if it was some kind of mental break or drugs.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
BIg deal I've seen that IRL

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://imgur.io/a/ilW2L8s

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK has issued a correction as of 11:45 on Oct 10, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

"I'm DRIVING it to THE SHOP, NOW. THANKS."

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i understand the urge to film and photograph poo poo you see on the road but these people really should not be using their phones while their own cars are in motion

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Well yeah, she’s driving an Audi

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Briefly visited Heidelberg (wealthy German university town of a similar population in 10km radius to Stoke-on-Trent). While it had many nice bits of infrastructure as a non car user (excellent local rail connections, trams and buses with dedicated right of way*, bike lanes (lots of kids in cargo bikes), partially pedestrianised town centre) my favourite thing was the lack of poo poo on the pavement compared to french cities. It's so nice to not have to check where you're stepping constantly.

*The trams had a dedicated right of way, the buses seemed to be able to use it sometimes which was a great idea that I haven't seen before.

Great train station.

distortion park has issued a correction as of 15:21 on Oct 10, 2022

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
You entitled fucks with your four tires.

Wizard Master posted:

Shittable cities. Soon we will have suckable and fuckable cities.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

These never get old
https://twitter.com/adamlaw50/status/1578399721344868353?t=ezaZTEDtpFqXvn_p3B5JPg&s=19

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

A little paint isn't so bad compared to stealing someone's license plate to avoid tolls and tickets

https://twitter.com/csgazette/status/1428790192962510851

Love the passive "using her stolen license plate" instead of "stole her license plate", the media is so consistent

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pryor on Fire posted:

A little paint isn't so bad compared to stealing someone's license plate to avoid tolls and tickets

https://twitter.com/csgazette/status/1428790192962510851

Love the passive "using her stolen license plate" instead of "stole her license plate", the media is so consistent

quote:

Internal police records show Acting Police Sgt. Stephen Schulz, who headed the Longmont Police Department’s narcotics unit, took the unclaimed recovered license plate from the police department’s property and evidence room and began using the plate on an unmarked take-home police car.
Lol

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

oh god today is the day

today is the day they are installing the bumpouts to narrow the street next to me as it goes downhill that i mentioned

:hellyeah:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Why do people always want to widen highways, why not build another level of highway on top of the highway?? Three decks of six lanes each = no more traffic problems ever, and it's a way more efficient use of the land than a traditional 18 lane wide freeway

mystes
May 31, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Why do people always want to widen highways, why not build another level of highway on top of the highway?? Three decks of six lanes each = no more traffic problems ever, and it's a way more efficient use of the land than a traditional 18 lane wide freeway
Wasn't someone actually trying to push this a year ago? I want to say it was musk but I can't find anything so maybe not.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

building "walkable cities" means having public restrooms and if you take all of those away in order to punish homeless people they aren't going to magically stop making GBS threads

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Can't poo poo on the sidewalks if no one builds them

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Clark Nova posted:

building "walkable cities" means having public restrooms and if you take all of those away in order to punish homeless people they aren't going to magically stop making GBS threads

Yeah, but then you can arrest them for that and thus the homeless problem is fixed forever.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

san antonio has some double decker highways, i dont live there but my understanding is that they have not solved traffic

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I had no water in my home for a week once. It puts a lot of things in perspective but especially the bathroom thing. I ran out of water to flush with and had to go so I had to walk around the city looking for someone, anyone, willing to let me use their restroom without "being a customer" (merely buying something wasn't enough, you needed a Customer Vibe i.e. hanging around rather than making GBS threads and leaving).

Didn't find any. If I were homeless I'd just piss in the bushes.