Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I've stumbled on a PMF that went crazy man manifesto directions. I once stumbled on the worst Path of Exile builds in PMF. It is a monastery of a posting place.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i like PMF

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

AKZ posted:

why is fyad

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh poo poo, they called in FYAD backup :ohdear:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

IKs can only probe for posts in the forums/threads that they IK, they can only probe for six hours without mod/admin approval, and they can't probe for anything more than two weeks old.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh poo poo, they called in FYAD backup :ohdear:

senior detective taking over the case. a whole mess of evidence left unturned

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
OP the FYAD IK contest is going on you should post in it to try and get a temporary star!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Sally posted:

OP the FYAD IK contest is going on you should post in it to try and get a temporary star!

lol

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

let me get this straight. op is being gangstalked and you think it's funny?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

yeah

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

The Bananana posted:

Can FYAD IK's probe any goons in the forum, or just those that post in FYAD?

Hahaha don't worry the only one's who can headshot you from across the map with their FS-XR are admins and they somehow don't use its secondary mode so you're fine unless you spawn in front of them.

IKs only get a six shooter. Been shot before while I was asleep and never even noticed.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

yep. the best 6er is the one from an other country ik guy who you womt even notice til you check your rap sheet later on the next one

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Posting in FYAD at 3 am on a dare for my ghost hunt youtube channel. Chills used a clip from that time once and finished with "some say he's being chain probed to this day I wonder if he'll ever be able to post again. Number 15"

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

getting my children to sleep on-time by warning them that if the boogeyman catches them after 11, he'll turn their post count negative

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Sally posted:

i like PMF

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
golden manbabies

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I think its bullshit they're harrasing this dude.
Like.
Who gives a poo poo about FYAD?
This guy's trying to do something neat, and so the IK gets to have a laugh chain probing?
Real great message.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

You can just not care. Thats an option too.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

:gas:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Bananana posted:

Like.
This guy's trying to do something neat, and so the IK gets to have a laugh chain probing?
Real great message.

u should voice this in QCS, the visibility might help

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

symbolic posted:

u should voice this in QCS, the visibility might help
Shut the gently caress up, whitenoise bitch. Lol.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shadow I hope you have your Games post ready to go :ohdear:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
New thread is up! :iiam: I'm missing a sock

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Oct 15, 2022

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Shadow I hope you have your Games post ready to go :ohdear:

It is, but do I do two threads in a day because one is rotating subforum? I can't decide...

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

The Bananana posted:

Like.
Real great message.

he knew the risks

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I like to think it's made things more interesting.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Though planning my day around when I won't be probated is a bit annoying.

But still: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXCX6qhqD54

I like to think that the FYAD people are also setting their watches so they can maximize their time and effort spent on me. :)

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
free OP. he's taking the probations like an absolute legend

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
imagine being a mod and setting a alarm to probate someone

fyad mods need to try the outside sometime

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Good luck OP

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Also please do post your complaints about the current situation to QCS, as a good way to increase the visibility of the issue!!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Around the Forums in 80 Probes

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What the hell is an IK?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
FYAD would be cool if it was just a place you could scream “SUCK MY BALLS” into the void without getting bombarded by slurs and stupid chain probes

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Same for QCS frankly

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

sigher posted:

What the hell is an IK?

IK stands for "idiot king" (or queen) and in general they're mini-mods. They can hand out sixers freely, have some mod buttons, etc. In most of the grey forums they have a specific use - watch a thread, have some responsibilities, etc. It's a great way to see if someone can handle power before they're modded - or vise-versa, to get someone to do mod actions if they won't commit to the full star.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I know there's at least one IK out there who keeps refusing the star and honestly? They're smarter than all of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

I once was made an IK for some reason and immediately probated the mod who arranged for it to show em who's boss even though I know probating a mod is a big nono and is grounds for being de-ik'd because who else will watch the rowdy LP forum crowd.

I was also thinking of chain probing flavius when he tried making a comeback once but I was too afraid to actually use my buttons. It's my greatest shame to this day.