Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I mean, they don’t even check if contestants have Nazi face tattoos, sooooo…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

yes, i am the vetter to check if people are not nazis

huh? how do i know so much about nazis? this interview is over

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

This flag ring any bells?

Just seen outside a house so no real context to add. Tried describing the shape to FlagID.org but it's not any of these. The blue and especially the red didn't seem like exactly the same shade as an American flag.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

This flag ring any bells?

Just seen outside a house so no real context to add. Tried describing the shape to FlagID.org but it's not any of these. The blue and especially the red didn't seem like exactly the same shade as an American flag.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Flag

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Thanks!

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Whose the dude that does the resumes here?

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

Thanks friend!

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Is it possible to make an mp3 louder?

I have a ringtone I like but it’s quiet

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009
In Audacity, there's an Amplify effect in the effects menu. I believe Audacity is still free

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Yak Shaves Dot Com posted:

In Audacity, there's an Amplify effect in the effects menu. I believe Audacity is still free

“drat right it is”, I say as I piss on your shoes without breaking eye contact.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Who makes a decent bath towel set at a good price? I don't really care about thickness/softness, I just want something that won't unravel around the edges, and won't do that thing my last towels did (from Target, don't recall the brand but they were cheap) where they all got random pinkish fade spots all over them and look sort of stupidly tie-dyed now.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Strange, my Target towels have held up well. I think they have a few tiers of quality and I went with their most expensive and they've been great.

Wirecutter says JCP are the best budget towels

https://www.jcpenney.com/p/fieldcrest-casual-solid-bath-towel/ppr5008063322

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-bath-towel/amp/

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

regulargonzalez posted:

Strange, my Target towels have held up well. I think they have a few tiers of quality and I went with their most expensive and they've been great.

Wirecutter says JCP are the best budget towels

https://www.jcpenney.com/p/fieldcrest-casual-solid-bath-towel/ppr5008063322

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-bath-towel/amp/

These were the lowest tier for sure.

And thanks! I always forget JCP exists.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

artsy fartsy posted:

These were the lowest tier for sure.

And thanks! I always forget JCP exists.

Interestingly, it says the JCP towel was carried at Target in 2021. If that's the one I got I can definitely vouch for it.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Such Fun posted:

“drat right it is”, I say as I piss on your shoes without breaking eye contact.

This is surprisingly unsettling.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Are there career counselors for mid-career adults? I am too lazy and comfortable to research a career change and I would really just like to pay some licensed professional to look at my qualifications and tell me exactly what I can step into. My professional network is embarrassingly homogenous when it comes to industry

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
and Tonic
That would be a career coach, there was just a post about them in the Career Path thread in the next subforum down Business, Finance, Careers.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Thanks!

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

Yak Shaves Dot Com posted:

This worked perfectly, thanks.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

What is the biggest and strongest window fan I can buy if I want to pull air out of my house and blast it out of a single screened window? I would also be willing to remove a screen if it can keep mosquitos out some other way.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

McCracAttack posted:

What is the biggest and strongest window fan I can buy if I want to pull air out of my house and blast it out of a single screened window? I would also be willing to remove a screen if it can keep mosquitos out some other way.

Probably something like this https://a.co/d/2mVOBxN

Remove the stand and make a styrofoam baffle. Might need to make a kind of cardboard funnel if it's bigger than your window frame. Note that this will be incredibly loud, and that you must have another window open on the other side of the house.

But if this is just about mosquitos, buying one of those ultraviolet bug zappers and using it in your bedroom would be much cheaper, much quieter, much more effective, and about equivalently tacky.

The cheaper model at Home Depot, something like $35, is incredible for keeping my back patio free from mosquitos, moths, and flies.

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 8, 2022

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i’m interested in the idea of brain changes/problems caused by the advent of computers. like, is there research on the problem of unknowingly skipping words? i do this all the time while typing. i’m reading and saying it in my head, and it all seems like it should be there, but then i reread whatever i wrote and it’s missing a word. it could simply be an article or even a verb. i don’t think i’ve ever missed a subject, but maybe. do others have this? am i just broken?

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

I'm not sure skipping words is tied to using computers - I do that often myself when I'm in a hurry in written notes as well when typing a computer. Usually an article or a pronoun.

E: I skipped a word :v: Feels right not to edit it this time.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
im trying to think of a quote about yellow journalism or just openly slandering someone in post

something about writing in red ink but I might be mixing it up with "Never Argue With Someone Who Buys Ink by the Barrel"

I want to say it's something about "printing in red" but maybe mixing that up with "if it bleeds it leads"? I could have sworn there was one similar but closer to the former

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

abelwingnut posted:

is there research on the problem of unknowingly skipping words?

Fruits of the sea posted:

I'm not sure skipping words is tied to using computers
In speech, this is a "deletion" speech error. I don't know about any research about speech errors (or typing errors) really, but if you have a question that Wikipedia can't lead you to an answer for, there's a small chance someone in the Linguistics Megathread over in Science, Academics and Languages can point you in a good direction.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

What's the story with the nsa smiley :nsa:?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Moon Monster posted:

What's the story with the nsa smiley :nsa:?

https://www.businessinsider.com/leaked-nsa-slide-of-google-cloud-2013-10

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If extraterrestrial beings studied human remains on Earth, would they be archæologists or palæontologists?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Platystemon posted:

If extraterrestrial beings studied human remains on Earth, would they be archæologists or palæontologists?

Exonocrophiliacs.

Anyway, stupid question. What angle are your feet in relation to your legs even you're lying relaxed on your back? Like when you're standing it's 90 degrees obviously, but in a relaxed position mine are like 130ish, but my wife informs me this is not normal. Is it though?

The real background is that this, if it is abnormal, adds to my length, which means I feel like I need a longer bed.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

You mean your feet are pointing towards your head? Or away?

Pointing away is something that can happen to people who are bedridden for a long time. They lose all muscle tone in their ankles so they kinda flop down. But I think you would know if this is an issue, because you wouldn't be able to walk.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

BonHair posted:

Exonocrophiliacs.

Anyway, stupid question. What angle are your feet in relation to your legs even you're lying relaxed on your back? Like when you're standing it's 90 degrees obviously, but in a relaxed position mine are like 130ish, but my wife informs me this is not normal. Is it though?

The real background is that this, if it is abnormal, adds to my length, which means I feel like I need a longer bed.

Mine are also around 120-130, but I'm hypermobile so not exactly normal in the first place.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BonHair posted:

Anyway, stupid question. What angle are your feet in relation to your legs even you're lying relaxed on your back?

Roll, pitch, or yaw?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I have seemingly incurably tight calves that pull my ankles into the extended position you describe when I’m laying down.

My understanding every time I try to get physio to fix this is that it’s bad in my case because it’s a muscle imbalance and mobility problem. If you don’t have any of that then you’re probably fine?

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
My feet naturally stick at 90 degrees but it's uncomfortable, so I tend to shift around so my legs can be bent while I'm laying down, so usually sort of on my side.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

BonHair posted:

Mine are about 130 also.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
ha. nevermind

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Oct 10, 2022

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
One of my feet flops at a more obtuse angle than the other, which is because of a slight (it's otherwise imperceptible) twist in my spine, that causes a muscle to trap a vein in my neck that gives me headaches most days.

I only mention it in case anyone else has anything similar and it might help to know.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Is there a term to describe a genre of music where it feels like the sole purpose is to sell the rights for the songs to be put in a movie? Stuff like Imagine Dragons, Fitz and the Tantrums, OGRE Sound, where every song sounds like it's meant to underlie an action scene or Apple commercial.

I know soulless fits, or corporate rock, but I wonder if there's a more specific term. "Factory music" or something.

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

regulargonzalez posted:

Is there a term to describe a genre of music where it feels like the sole purpose is to sell the rights for the songs to be put in a movie? Stuff like Imagine Dragons, Fitz and the Tantrums, OGRE Sound, where every song sounds like it's meant to underlie an action scene or Apple commercial.

There are a lot of kinds of music that sound what I'd call "cinematic" and a lot of people like them, not just movie execs. I don't know about the bands you listed but I'd say, for example, that a lot of music from the post-rock and big beat genres sound very soundtracky in a good way.