Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Vitamean posted:

Here's a pic with all the weapons

Do you pick which skin you want, or can you swap between them, or?

Asking for a fashion obsessed idiot friend with too much free time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RME
Feb 20, 2012

there are replicas you unlock as you go along too, that are used purely to let you glamour earlier steps

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
unless you're fighting specific classes the time-to-kill in CC is quite long so you can generally recognize when a fight is going south and peace out. the important thing is that you do indeed choose to peace out - it's very difficult to make big plays in CC due to the lack of execution expression inherent in a hotbar mmo with a long gcd and horrible netcode. as such it's rarely correct to try for a hero moment. there's definitely times you can secure kills on fleeing targets and still escape, or dive in to save someone about to die, or whatever, but it's much more likely that you're just going to go in and hit 3 abilities over 7 seconds that accomplish very little.

if a teammate is going to die in a 3v1 you should generally just let them die rather than join them to die in a 3v2. similarly if you find yourself in that 3v1 as the 1 (it happens to everyone), just pop sprint and Walk Out. the thing that will improve your winrate in CC faster than any other tip is to use your Elixir (or whatever the full heal is called) more often, just get around a corner and use it. also you don't build LB when you're dead and LBs are insane so keep that in mind.

numbers are everything in CC for most of the game, since there isn't much execution involved most of your value comes from being more Number on the field - an extra 12,000 HP to get through, an extra 4000 potency every 2 seconds, etc.. there has to be a huge gap in game knowledge to swing a fight going south back in your favor and you can't really count on that.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Mmm, I guess I'd go for stage 2 MCH or stage 3 RDM since those are the ones I like the most. WAR doesn't really call me.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bruceski posted:

PLD... I'd say it really depends how you personally like the glow.

I like the design of the final PLD shield. Good thing paladin gets to mix & match.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

the HW SMN relic has two better dragon wing versions than the Eureka one anyway

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

WAR's final model kinda reminds me of crystal chronicles yukes

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Doomykins posted:

Do you pick which skin you want, or can you swap between them, or?

Asking for a fashion obsessed idiot friend with too much free time.

You start with the leftmost one and the final form is the rightmost one in that image. Everytime you complete a tier, you get access to a replica version of the previous one that allows you to keep using that look.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 10, 2022

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Excellent, thanks. I'm in Bozjan farting around now and I'm already lost to content.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Mainwaring posted:

I've seen a bit of higher end play and it seems that while regular cc is won by the team that focus targets better, high level play involves much more intricate combination of CC and coordination of ults. Stuff like using a dancer lb at the right time to gather people together to drop a dragoon lb on top of them for 3-4kills in one go.

Yeah, that'll never happen in any of the games I get into. I am 100% not blaming just my rando teammates, it's also me because I have blind spots and tunnel vision a lot and I have accepted my lot as being poo poo at PvP.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Sometimes in PVP I explode randomly. It happens, no one really knows what's going on, anyway.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I get a lot of use out of the Death Recap plugin in PVP, because god knows the game is not interested in telling you how you died (it's usually dragoon ult)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I seem to die a lot to sams in PVP but i'm not sure what they're hitting me with because I refuse to pvp as anything other than war or brd

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

blatman posted:

I seem to die a lot to sams in PVP but i'm not sure what they're hitting me with because I refuse to pvp as anything other than war or brd

SAM has a weird LB. They have a defensive cooldown called Chiten that deals thorns damage to attackers and places a debuff that increases damage taken from the SAM. Their LB is a targetted cast that deals 24k to the target and enemies close to them, but any target that has the debuff from Chiten is dealt damage equal to 100% of their max HP (aka instant death unless you are shielded). So, if a SAM's LB bar is full and they have Chiten up, don't hit them or you'll explode.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Dareon posted:

Sometimes in PVP I explode randomly. It happens, no one really knows what's going on, anyway.

Usually for me it's not noticing that my teammates are all dead if it's CC or have all run off somewhere else if it's frontlines. Then I die to everyone hitting me all at once.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

HackensackBackpack posted:

Usually for me it's not noticing that my teammates are all dead if it's CC or have all run off somewhere else if it's frontlines. Then I die to everyone hitting me all at once.

"Yeah, I got that one! ...where'd my team go?"

When I get dogpiled one effect I notice is five large blue orbs swirling into me. Since it's five orbs I assume a Monk ability, but does anyone happen to know it by description?

Jabbering Idiot
Jun 5, 2013
The new PVP changes depend on the UI elements exclusive to Crystalline Conflict a bit much.

Limit Breaks are extremely important, but you have no way of determining who has them outside of your party unless you're in a Crystalline Conflict match. Case in point, SAM's Chiten Combo.

Some actions have become much more important than they were before, and their visuals weren't updated to match. Guard's visual stays for the whole duration; blink and you'll miss Chiten, and you can't see if it's still on the SAM unless you target them specifically.

Not that big an issue in CC where you can see enemy debuffs/buffs on the UI, big problem in every other mode.

And, there's no way to tell if a friendly or enemy DRG jumped.

Hopefully they'll get around to improving the other PVP modes again, but given how they put Hidden Gorge back barely tweaking some numbers and without putting it into the frontline rotation...

The mode could use some attention overall.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Got to EL 24 in Eureka. With next week's weeklies I should get to EL 25 and start getting into Pagos to finish it ASAP and move on to the "good" zones.

...unrelated question, between PLD, WAR, MCH, SMN, SCH, DRG and RDM which one has the better Eureka relic?

RDM easily, the others have ok to nice Anemos/pyros parts but the hydratos step is a mess of glowy lines.

Frost Ace
Oct 26, 2010
A lot of the Hydatos weapons seem like they're supposed to resemble Amano art, but only RDM really pulls it off imo.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Frost Ace posted:

A lot of the Hydatos weapons seem like they're supposed to resemble Amano art, but only RDM really pulls it off imo.

The bow looks nice when drawn, but I hate it on my back. The profile blends into the quiver and makes a mess.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Bruceski posted:

The bow looks nice when drawn, but I hate it on my back. The profile blends into the quiver and makes a mess.

i don't think i've found a bow i've actually liked when sheathed so i just hide it when it's not drawn

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I like the Crystarium bow because it has a sheathed sword on the back

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder what the maximum amount of weapons you can have on your person at once is. I know there's a pair of boots that have a knife attached, there's some chest stuff that has daggers, I wonder what else.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder what the maximum amount of weapons you can have on your person at once is. I know there's a pair of boots that have a knife attached, there's some chest stuff that has daggers, I wonder what else.

I ran these numbers for my Ninja lore video's glam.

Head: Sadly none that are overtly dangerous.
Chest: Bozja scouting chestpiece, with the knives. (There's a few others that do similar.)
Hands: Sky Rat fingerless gloves has a bloody grappling hook.
Feet: Expeditioner's Thighboots has a knife on it
Legs: Weirdly, none, but the thighboots cover most of it anyway.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I'm a big fan of the Astrologian Hydatos relic. personally. The general glow works well with the globe aesthetic.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

sure but why use that one when you can use the AST HW relic

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'm just happy that I'm only 19 Hydatos crystals away from completing my Eureka weapon and officially having at least one completed relic weapon from every expansion, and I should be able to get that finished up on Wednesday, so it'll be done before the patch.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Honestly I'm gonna go for the armor first, it's just the Anemos Armor is different and way more grindy so I'll get the Anemos weapon to free up space.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Honestly I'm gonna go for the armor first, it's just the Anemos Armor is different and way more grindy so I'll get the Anemos weapon to free up space.

If you prefer, you can save up Crystals from the pvp progression ranks thing and buy functionally identical armor at the Wolves Den, at least for the Stormblood Class Relic armor.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

I thought those have different dying channels?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

the_steve posted:

If you prefer, you can save up Crystals from the pvp progression ranks thing and buy functionally identical armor at the Wolves Den, at least for the Stormblood Class Relic armor.

I was talking about the Elemental armor that starts in Pagos and uses no Anemos mats :v:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Cleretic posted:

Chest: Bozja scouting chestpiece, with the knives. (There's a few others that do similar.)

Not for Ninja, but the Leatherworker's level 50 pants have a knife on them. There's also a set of... Late Allagan? pants that have a knife, but again, the thighboots cover them. Might be Casting.

RME posted:

I thought those have different dying channels?

They do, and slightly different textures (The Virtu Savant's gear is a bit more worn). It's worth checking out and seeing which you like better, I was running a mix of regular and Virtu Savant for a while.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

flatluigi posted:

i don't think i've found a bow i've actually liked when sheathed so i just hide it when it's not drawn

It's not usually a "that looks good" reaction from me but a lot of them I don't mind. For some reason the Eureka one feels particularly bad to me. I think it's the stripes on the quiver, they do something to how I parse it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Very tempted to make bladeninja glam now

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

flatluigi posted:

The Ravel Keeper's Bow has been my old reliable forever and looks fine sheathed, so try that.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

big fan of both the HW and ShB relic bow final stages

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Cleretic posted:

The Garo ninja helmet could stab someone

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

Cleretic posted:

Original ninja AF legs have daggers on them. The new dungeon boots also have daggers.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

My Bard glam bow atm is Augmented Crystarium Composite Bow, which also has a sword. :dance: It's also a bit tricky to dye to match other stuff since the bow and sheath/quiver do different things on a single dye so I made the bow pop as a highlight piece vs the rest of the glam.

Glowy bits and heavy color saturation? Naw.
Semi-realistic Fantasy Gear with natural hues? HELL YEAH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Doomykins posted:

Glowy bits and heavy color saturation? Naw.

Pretty sure you and my partner are mortal enemies now, given her most recent look. :v:

(she was very excited when I surprised her with that bow, and spent a good fifteen minutes glamming around it)