Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
My brother’s cockatiel used to try and gently caress the back of his head, like, constantly. I never knew there was a hat to facilitate the operation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Anthropodermic bibliopegy is seeing a renaissance.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:barf:
Do you just keep the horrid thing stretched over the mantle piece? Tastefully framed next to an oil painting of the deceased?
Maybe you have it tanned to a bookmark?!

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

By popular demand posted:

Do you just keep the horrid thing stretched over the mantle piece? Tastefully framed next to an oil painting of the deceased?

Probably turned into a sticker and stuck on the back window of a cartruck

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Book jacket.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Tastefully framed skin rectangles is what they went with here.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Pathetic falcons, needing gently caress hats to get their freak on. Other birds don't something like that, they just go for it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T1vfsHYiKY&t=36s

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Germansimp posted:

Pathetic falcons, needing gently caress hats to get their freak on. Other birds don't something like that, they just go for it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T1vfsHYiKY&t=36s

:parrot:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/verge/status/1579154232003137536

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

TLDR: it's the crash detection feature, designed to get help in case of a vehicular accident.

Is it even possible to fine tune that thing to the point it can differentiate between a high-speed fun ride and a high-speed car crash?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

High-speed car crashes don't generally happen inside amusement parks.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ultrafilter posted:

High-speed car crashes don't generally happen inside amusement parks.
so you want to trust Apple to know where is and is not an amusement park?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Sure but I wouldn't trust Apple to make the thing aware of this.
Efb.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Iirc there was an element of "we know this works but aren't sure why so let's run with what we have instead of messing with it." As in, the fuckhats were invented by accident and it wasn't entirely clear what made them sexy to falcons.

Having lived with a lot of different birds over the last 30 years, I think I can clarify.
A lot of birds seem to perceive us as heads (the actual person) moving around on weird trees (our bodies).

So they bang our heads, because that is our bird persona. Our insane budgie loved to bang my brothers head every day because he was extremely horny and very loving.

TL/DR birds perceive us as detached heads perched on tree-like bodies.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Pookah posted:

Having lived with a lot of different birds over the last 30 years, I think I can clarify.
A lot of birds seem to perceive us as heads (the actual person) moving around on weird trees (our bodies).

So they bang our heads, because that is our bird persona. Our insane budgie loved to bang my brothers head every day because he was extremely horny and very loving.

TL/DR birds perceive us as detached heads perched on tree-like bodies.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

https://boingboing.net/2022/10/09/woman-hospitalized-after-pet-dog-unloads-diarrhea-into-her-mouth-while-she-slept.html

"My dog shat directly into my mouth and all over my face? The whole world will want to see this!"

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
She wasn't wrong.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Were the rollercoasters built by Granos?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

"Preserved" as in made into a preserve and eaten on toast.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Lol the replies have people going "so turn off your phone. Is that too hard to understand for Android users?"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

The Lone Badger posted:

Were the rollercoasters built by Granos?
Heh

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

A friend of mine wanted to know if he could get one of mine tanned if it was economically feasible by the time I died. And as far as I know yeah that was his plan. Framing my pizza tattoo and putting it on the mantle.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm disgusted by both of you.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/BabelHodl/status/1578583611451748352

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Lol the replies have people going "so turn off your phone. Is that too hard to understand for Android users?"

Lolling at anyone turning their phone off in 2022

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Wait, all I have to do is inform a flight attendant that I am child free and having a child in my field of vision displeases me and they’ll be reseated to first class?

Time to redistribute some wealth.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It's some of the dumbest propaganda I've seen, but unfortunately propaganda doesn't need to be clever.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

It's some of the dumbest propaganda I've seen, but unfortunately propaganda doesn't need to be clever.
Is this lovely Russian propaganda or lovely American right propaganda.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lolling at anyone turning their phone off in 2022

Lolling at anyone unwilling or unable to disconnect from their electro-teat for five minutes.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Splicer posted:

Is this lovely Russian propaganda or lovely American right propaganda.

Russian propaganda for American audiences

The American right version would have them speaking english with an offensively bad Russian accent. No Republican would read subtitles

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Lolling at anyone unwilling or unable to disconnect from their electro-teat for five minutes.

Yeah, that's what I said.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

JFC, the replies are absolutely dire.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Twitter replies, "better" or worse than Youtube comments?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I'd rate Youtube commenters as far more eloquent, capable of holding a thought for more then two sentences, and as generally more erudite than Twitter's user base.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Marcade posted:

Twitter replies, "better" or worse than Youtube comments?

Can't post ragefaces in YouTube comments so it loses.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Lobok posted:

Can't post ragefaces in YouTube comments so it wins.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Can't post ragefaces in YouTube comments so it le epic fails.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Show me a dish brain that has the awareness to not play Pong because it's lovely and boring, and I'll be impressed