Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I hate all that wojack angry cry stuff but there should be a whole series of memes that's just O'Brien owning those two nerds constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

What do you mean, "except now"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5BBMFXXykk

O'Brien: "No harm in checking, I guess."
La Forge: "Really? How would you like them to give the transporter operation a little once-over?"
O'Brien: "No problem. We're totally ship-shape. :smug:"

I'd be very uncomfortable at being on a ship that slams antimatter and matter together in a particle accelerator to rip open space and fly faster than light where the chief engineer doesn't like the very concept of independent inspections.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm all on board for Moriarty.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
So you think the fact Picard is a cylon now will come up in season 3?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

So you think the fact Picard is a cylon now will come up in season 3?
They very quickly handwaved that fact away at the beginning of Season 2 so I would think it doesn't come up at all in Season 3

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

They very quickly handwaved that fact away at the beginning of Season 2 so I would think it doesn't come up at all in Season 3

They started the hand waving in the same episode where he becomes an android. “Don’t worry Admiral Picard/the audience, this will have absolutely no impact on anything”

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Endless Trash posted:

They started the hand waving in the same episode where he becomes an android. “Don’t worry Admiral Picard/the audience, this will have absolutely no impact on anything”
This is true, yes.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

"...and also why every planet has a formation that looks exactly like the Vasquez Rocks."

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Bring Data back as a human.

edit:

oh wait...

edit2:

I bet they thought that was clever.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

OK smart guys, I've got a Star Trek for you. One that'll make Chaybon and Abrams and Kurtis or whoever really feel stupid.

Will Weaton plays a respectable, time served, dignified starship captain who's activities are hampered by a wide eyed, idealistic but naive new recruit played by Patrick Stewart.

See what I did there! oof.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It actually makes sense because you gotta remember the Enterprise visits Strange New Worlds. You'd want Botanists on a ship of exploration to identify and catalogue what's found.

Also There's a new Picard Season 3 trailer and you're gonna be very disappointed at the end of it. Impressively disappointed at how they worked Brent Spiner into the show this time.

lol if of all things they went with a villain from insurrection

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Mulaney Power Move posted:

lol if of all things they went with a villain from insurrection

I hope it's the little hamster looking critter from the beginning, grown up and ready 2 gently caress you up

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

hard to say. she's probably just some kind of romulan. she goes on about darkness, though, so maybe reman? lore is involved. maybe it's data's robot mother gone berserk?

for some reason seems hard to believe they would just make up a new villain.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Captain, I'm receiving a distress call from the dune buggy factory on Bleephis Prime.

No. No!!!!!!

Set course for the Bleephis system, maximum warp.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

her name is "vadic" and the character is described as a mysterious alien villain

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Oh wait, she's the older lady from tapestry young picard tries to bang. Duh.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Oh boy Sub Rosa is tonight's TNG rerun, and after that DS9's episode is Move Along Home.

Is this what they mean by experience bij?

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I have no hard evidence, but Vadic just screams “fake name used by someone related to a previous villain, who will reveal their true identity in the third act”.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Outpost22 posted:

Oh boy Sub Rosa is tonight's TNG rerun, and after that DS9's episode is Move Along Home.

Is this what they mean by experience bij?

The best episode of each series

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

HD DAD posted:

I have no hard evidence, but Vadic just screams “fake name used by someone related to a previous villain, who will reveal their true identity in the third act”.

Sounds too much like Vedek to me. What happened to goo brain robot Bariel? Did he beef it or go on to perform some monotonous function.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Vadic is Tuvix

Wait, no, that’d actually be awesome

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

HD DAD posted:

she seems to know picard personally so if they are doing the villain from picards past thing you would imagine it's from the show or movies. but it's probably just some romulan he pissed off post-nemesis.

naem
May 29, 2011

every character ever to appear in any star trek series whose actor/actress is still alive and able gets TUVIXED©™️

except for Ethan Phillips who shows up on set for a fun cameo not knowing everyone else is done up in Neelix makeup, and they all stay in character refusing to explain to him what’s going on the whole time

the episode is just a reality tv show following him irl to like the craft services table looking confused

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Because of his visor, Geordie always knows who farted.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Prurient Squid posted:

Because of his visor, Geordie always knows who farted.

You don’t need a visor to know where the prune farts are coming from

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

her name is "vadic" and the character is described as a mysterious alien villain

Vadic totally sounds like a vampire name. Calling it now that she's a Time's Arrow alien or a space vampire who wants to turn Picard into her eternal consort.

It's going to turn out that someone will say, "Wait, this season's a lot like Lifeforce..."

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well we've seen ships attacking in the trailer that are from STO where they're the mysterious race from the Enterprise episode 'Silent Enemy'.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 10, 2022

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Oh come on they aren't going to use a one-off alien from an episode of Enterprise that was elaborated on by a video game

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

They are biological version of the Borg, with the exception that their assimilation is irreversible. So one of the few things something like Borg would fear, really.

And since we are nicking stuff from STO anyways, and they are sort-of-canon, I'd say there is a good chance that we get a mushroom-man season. They can even tie that DISCO mushroom drive to them appearing giving ex-disco characters some screentime, like STO did. Why come up with new poo poo when you can copypaste stuff from 10+ year old MMORPG no-one besides hardcore fans ever played?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh come on they aren't going to use a one-off alien from an episode of Enterprise that was elaborated on by a video game

Well they're using the ships that were created for them in the game. The ones in the trailer aren't the ship from Silent Enemy, they're the ones that were made on the game to be from the same race.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 10, 2022

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Counterpoint: Matalas is a big enough nerd/hack to include the Silent Enemy aliens

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

She appears human. Is she really alien or another human that becomes the leader of aliens who hate humans?

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
gently caress it, just go all Rck and Morty who cares. She's an alien clone from a mirror universe being controlled by an artificial intelligence from the future's alternate history where the nazi's defeated America in WW2.

EDIT: Also Guinan for some reason.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k45FlSk0mFc

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Leland Orser is so good. I've only seen him in a few things yet he always leaves such an impression.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

davidspackage posted:

Leland Orser is so good. I've only seen him in a few things yet he always leaves such an impression.

He'll always be Shook Glider Pilot to me

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

He'll always be traumatised john from Se7en to me.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

If Vadic turns out to be a sentient hologram they're loving up by not giving her a crew of Robert Picardos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Vadic Bariel