Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

holy poo poo yall i was just ambling around the kitchen, something caught my eye, i tried it, and

the world-famous kyocera hand grinder screws perfectly onto a Ball pint jar.

powerful tech

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Jonny 290 posted:

holy poo poo yall i was just ambling around the kitchen, something caught my eye, i tried it, and

it's a sign 🙏🏻

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

extra big pourover this morning while i ponder breakfast options

i have some poo poo beans right now but have settled on a medium-ish grind, 15:1. seems to be working

pike place, please do not Hate, the only whole bean that awful store that i tried to go to had. im going to my regular store today to buy some better stuff
gotta run what ya brung

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted:

hows the cat crack

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PokeJoe posted:

hows the cat crack

really good. Nargle has a little koala bear toy with a velcro tummy pocket for nip, i stuff it full and toss it over on her favorite throw rug and she goes apeshit and makes out with it, then falls asleep with it under her butt

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

adorable :3:

funny it comes in a stereotypical weed jar

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Just poured the best looking piccolo I ever did pull. Good news is it also tastes great.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have been loving the heck out of my v60 setup. its such a nice little ritual.

i do enjoy the fancycoffee posts but man if i had a nice machine i'd give myself a heart attack

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
got a really good iced americano from the cafe acros the street from my apartment . very nice borat

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Megabound posted:

Just poured the best looking piccolo I ever did pull. Good news is it also tastes great.

excellent

I've just been woken up and handed a coffee. good way to start the week imo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i like pourover because its like coffee you cant drink until you do some math, five minutes after you woke up

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

i like pourover because its like coffee you cant drink until you do some math, five minutes after you woke up

I just have a post-it on my kitchen wall with the measurements/steps if I'm ever too sleepy to remember lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Podima posted:

I just have a post-it on my kitchen wall with the measurements/steps if I'm ever too sleepy to remember lol

there’s a story of a very hosed up coffee behind this

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Having a coff right now, a latte with oat milk. If you've never had oat milk in your coffee before you should try it, it is the superior milk.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted:

this is deranged

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
late afternoon coffee time. heck yeah

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

saw an aeropress irl real life and am considering it

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

but anyway folks:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cat Face Joe posted:

but anyway folks:

thread background

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cat Face Joe posted:

but anyway folks:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Shaggar posted:

thread background

you honor me, shaggar

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

saw an aeropress irl real life and am considering it

you wouldnt regret it.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

post hole digger posted:

you wouldnt regret it.

i mean.. they might

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/LucyXIV/status/1578990083423997952

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

hows the move going so far in general anyway?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

hows the move going so far in general anyway?

ive had some excellent coffee. some so-so stuff as well (one place got cold brew out of a little prepackaged bag, which was a bummer.)

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

one of the many pleasant surprises about korea was how every eatery that serves coffee has one of those ginormous industrial espresso machines. you don't really see drip coffee anywhere. but you can get a perfectly fine latte that compares to any cafe at, like, a waffle kiosk.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

one of the nice surprises about living in china this time around is that there are real coffee bars popping up. like, okay-to-quite-good espresso. it's a product of the boom of the late 2000s; students who went abroad during that time have returned and brought back the things they liked (craft beer, good coffee) and started businesses

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

taiwan's coffee is fair to middling. milk tea, bubble tea, and yuenyang are usually pretty good though

coffee or not, waiting to move back..

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

post hole digger posted:

you wouldnt regret it.

dioxazine posted:

i mean.. they might

this calls for research

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/brendanjkearney/status/1578147504562049028

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

lord funk posted:

one of the nice surprises about living in china this time around is that there are real coffee bars popping up. like, okay-to-quite-good espresso. it's a product of the boom of the late 2000s; students who went abroad during that time have returned and brought back the things they liked (craft beer, good coffee) and started businesses

There's a lot of good cheap espresso and other coffee gear coming out of China and I figured it must be because of the domestic market. Stuff like 1ZPresso make some of the best hand grinders you can get.

Anyway, I've had 2 coffees this morning, will probably have another over lunch. It's good!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

got my chemex routine fully nailed down and loving it. need a proper kettle though, hard to get a nice pour without one

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
4:30 time for coffee

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
tea time in 30 for me (no bean after lunch rule)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

got his rear end

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
post to probe delay like the other gunfighter has fired off all six cylinders and is starting to reload and foo is still thinking about drawing

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
made some post-dinner half-assed latte-type
thing.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kazinsal posted:

post to probe delay like the other gunfighter has fired off all six cylinders and is starting to reload and foo is still thinking about drawing

psychic warfare is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

SO made me a pour over this morning.

Inside of me are two wolves. One is a huge snob, the other enjoys coffee it didn't make.

Today I chose gratitude.