Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mode 7 posted:

God, I miss Shakeaway. That’s an extremely good combo and you are a woman of taste and distinction :hai:

Iykyk :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shinjobi posted:

Mango Pepsi is tasty

Wanna live in a world where mango and melon are dominant flavors.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I prefer fermented barley smoothies

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Propaganda Hour posted:

I know this was a big marketing push in the 60s, but has anyone ever tried this?

I am eagerly awaiting HDP season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JsiZwExss0

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 10, 2022

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Is “gibs” pronounced with a hard g or a soft g? I always thought it was a hard g but then someone told me it’s from “giblets” and now I don't know what to believe.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

ColdPie posted:

Is “gibs” pronounced with a hard g or a soft g? I always thought it was a hard g but then someone told me it’s from “giblets” and now I don't know what to believe.

it's like gif, the technically correct way is also the wrong way

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

pronounce both with a long E to annoying both sides. geef and geeb

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

French soft G, like "zhif"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like 'gig'

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i say it like the g in garage

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Infinitum posted:

Like 'gig'

its this and i will not hear otherwise

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
say it like this

gib

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Big Gib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBCcnazy88U

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

i prefer a variant on that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eysAjDnT468

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Homeworld Mobile finally launches tomorrow lmao

Been in beta ages, I'm excited not to spend any money on it

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

i say it like the g in garage

Thank you.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

polar is good because its flavors maintain the sharpness of the unflavored carbo. with la croix as soon as you step outside of unflavortown the sharpness stays behind and you enter The Flat Zone.

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The only person I know who "doesn't like the taste of water" had both of his legs amputated due to diabetes so I assume this is the fate of all "water taste bad"ers

I've worked in hot outdoor conditions with multiple people who also don't like the taste of water, it's crazy. One guy only drank mountain dew for years until he had too many dental issues. The other was a girl who would melt down Zooper Doopers and dilute them into a gross version of a cordial-type drink and only ever have that, maybe even worse.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Oh yeah that sounds much easier than I thought, if I can just pan it.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/20144/banana-banana-bread/

Here's the recipe I use, except I use a third of the sugar and half the butter. Also use a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Also, also in my oven 325 degrees works better, though it takes an extra 15 minutes or so.

I literally just made some Sunday morning while cooking a few other things. It only takes about 10 minutes to put everything together.

You can even do fun things like fold in some peanut butter or chocolate chips. :)

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
I used to hate the taste of water. Then I grew up.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

water is delicious but there's absolutely some disgusting-rear end tap water out there, the taps in my house taste horribly of chlorine

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Water? I'd tap that

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

funnily enough the best tap water i've ever had was at my old job from the sink of a public bathroom. it was crystal clear, consistently crisp, and incredibly delicious, like the kind of thing you'd bottle and sell for $4.99 per 500ml

it was an old tap so there's a high probability it was due to lead leeching but hell, who's counting

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Blue Labrador posted:

Holy poo poo I want a soda stream so bad. A world where I can make myself absurd amounts of La Croix whenever I want sounds like heaven.

I used to hate coffee until I got a graveyard gig after college. The caffeine was very welcome, and the coffee machine was free to use. Then during quarantine, much like how some people got really into making bread, I bought a Chemex and a french press and made that my personality for a month or two.

If you get one get the adapter so that you can use standard co2 or paintball tanks, sodastream really gets you on the refill cartridges

And make sure you refill your tanks from someone who can do food safe refills like a brewer shop

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember as a kid I'd just get cups of crushed ice from the fridge ice dispenser and munch on that. Ice is nice. Cold water too.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i like this stuff

just use half the amount listed in the directions on the can and you'll get a nice diet recipe with half the calories!

I remember that was an inventory item in Space Quest. It was just a can of hydrogen that you were supposed to add oxygen to to make water. IIRC you could also use it as an explosive

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

How did you perfectly nail my aesthetic???

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

I remember that was an inventory item in Space Quest. It was just a can of hydrogen that you were supposed to add oxygen to to make water. IIRC you could also use it as an explosive

wouldn't de-hydrated water just be a can of oxygen

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this has incredible backrooms energy

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The only person I know who "doesn't like the taste of water" had both of his legs amputated due to diabetes so I assume this is the fate of all "water taste bad"ers

Yup, but it works in reverse to how you'd think.

By the time water tastes awful, it's too late to change your lifestyle, it's pills for the rest of your life.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Gaius Marius posted:

Water? I'd tap that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZQkVz4fbfw

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thought it was weird to see Mario with a collared shirt but looking back at the original game art and it's just really ill-defined what kind of shirt it is, it just disappears under his chin?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You're not used to seeing Mario with a neck

Cause he's secretly a dullahan

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Propaganda Hour posted:

We're quickly entering hot chocolate season in the northern hemisphere

Also nog, and hot molly, too

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Infinitum posted:

You're not used to seeing Mario with a neck

Cause he's secretly a dullahan

He’s actually a criminologist

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm still having fun with Nuts and Bolts but one thing I've noticed is that its only really the hub world which is scratching that exploration itch. It's filled with paths to go down and new areas to find once you have new skills but the actual game worlds themselves are really sparse. You're mostly just going in, following the map to the jiggy challenge, completing it and getting out. It feels a bit shallow.

Banjoland is a great idea for a level though. It's a theme park made up of attractions from the each level of the original game, it's a huge nostalgia blast and I love it

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
You can also sequence break the hell out of the hub world to get a bunch of parts early and then break earlygame levels by flying when you're not supposed to or whatever. It's pretty fun!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I keep thinking about Hot Dr. Pepper.

The supermarket near me imports Dr. Pepper.

Dare I live the dream?

Why am I hyperfixated on Hot Dr. Pepper? I think it's the goddamn aesthetic video's fault. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I already brushed my teeth for the evening but now I kinda want to drink one of these Diet Dr
Pepper Cream Sodas