Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Vaporware posted:

I had a dream I got a sweet sofubi in the mail and now I'm sad because it was just a dream.

There's always a chance to turn your dreams into reality! :homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I admit I was also worried I spent a lot of money lol

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Elegab really seems to favor the monster driving another bigger monster thing doesn't he?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:toot:

https://twitter.com/elegab_jp/status/1575824247297302528?s=20&t=rv1xn6IGRroPYNIBvPyqag

Yeah I do love his vehicle-centric stuff for sure. Monster Patrol Car is really tops, and Bukiminda is a rare and wonderful creature!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Bukiminda- it’s a shame he’s not made anymore. I feel really lucky that the one time I was able to get one it happened to be in my favorite red

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Also the Tunnelon

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Dope! Really feeling the FOMO on that Tunnelon, but couldn't swing it. Cool shot with the orange right behind!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Planetx has a t ally rad Ultraman coming: https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci_V0L3P177/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

My Jura Doublenga has shipped! :toot:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

My Jura Doublenga has shipped! :toot:

:same:

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
I was supposed to chill for the rest of the year, but then sofubi perfection popped up. Even though there's a little paint wear, he doesn't balance well, and can barely hang on to his cheap flat plastic sheet fork, this is way better than whatever I said was perfect last time.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I have no idea what that’s from but it’s great

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
it's forking great

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Ask and ye shall receive.

90s Japanese advertising mascots are great :allears:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Turbinosamente posted:

Ask and ye shall receive.

90s Japanese advertising mascots are great :allears:

Loooooooooool that rules

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Loooooooooool that rules

There's a couple more at the beginning of this compilation that continue the story. You may recognize a familiar face in them. Like, really familiar.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Super fun! I've got a buddy who loves advertising ephemera I sent him this and he is now on the hunt, haha.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Wide boy has landed!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Nice! A++++, would view again.

I've got no real sofubi news to report, missed a sakura color Shibara on discord and have seen a lot of strong maybes on Mandarake but nothing I want to pull the trigger on as per usual. Also got dang Mirock Toy stuff is expensive, why? Tiny batches?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Wheeee!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Oh. Oh poo poo. Please tell me these aren't an exclusive so I can send you internet bucks and receive Lulu. I know it's random but I think I like the middle the most; and overall these look much better than the black and white marble swirl Negoras that got previewed recently. Wonder if that's due to the size difference: the Negoras look too busy, these are just right.

Edit: I just checked Instagram, I missed them didn't I?

Turbinosamente fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Oct 19, 2022

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Turbinosamente posted:

Edit: I just checked Instagram, I missed them didn't I?

I think Gatos wrote the wrong date on the posts; I saw the posts yesterday evening and they said 'tomorrow the 18th'.

I have no idea what time they drop though.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I wrote the wrong date 😅 they’ll be available at noon PST. Since the figures are unique they will be random on which one you get. They’ll be at CatMagicToys.com

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 19, 2022

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Excellent thanks for the heads up!

Edit: Hrmm noon pst is 3pm est, I may have a shot at these!

Turbinosamente fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Oct 19, 2022

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Yeeeeeeeah got one!! Looking forward to it Gatos, sorry you gotta ship it across the country lol.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Thank you! First one sold!

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Thank you! First one sold!

Noice, you're welcome! I never get in on rare drops, and I get to support an artist directly!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Got hit with some life recently, but I did get these super rad things in the mail!

Elegab Dura Doubleunga - I love this. It's better in person than pictures show. Extremely fun! Also, I'm not sure the reason, but I got sent a separate header card, so I'm now 13 points away from a Disc Kappa, haha!

Another Fireman to add to the collection. I really really like this one. It's sakura themed hence the pink, and the confetti made me think of "falling leaves", which I didn't realize until I got it in hand, are little hearts.

Also, I got these Ikea Milsbo cabinets in a few weeks ago, and finally got things semi organized. Here's a collection shot, not including blanks, smalls, and M1 Bikes. The 2nd cabinet is going to be action figures for now, but more sofubi later!

Hell yeah! I have STRONGLY hinted to the wife I would like one of these for Christmas, :D. Fingers crossed!

Hope everyone is doing well!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Awesome! Nari has started to include an extra header card in his larger figures - there was also an extra with the Missileous figure that came out recently. Now that I think about it that and Jura D are both larger figures that are being collaborated on when it comes to the paint and stickers. Maybe that’s part of it.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Awesome! Nari has started to include an extra header card in his larger figures - there was also an extra with the Missileous figure that came out recently. Now that I think about it that and Jura D are both larger figures that are being collaborated on when it comes to the paint and stickers. Maybe that’s part of it.

Ahh interesting, I didn't realize he was collaborating on them. Do you know who he's working with?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Ahh interesting, I didn't realize he was collaborating on them. Do you know who he's working with?

I forget, it’s another Sofubi maker who’s designed the stickers and then Missileras and Jura are both painted by a Sofubi factory’s painters. These are the first ones done in this manner- Nari paints one as a guide (kind of like how a head chef makes a plate and then the rest are made exactly the same by his crew).

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I forget, it’s another Sofubi maker who’s designed the stickers and then Missileras and Jura are both painted by a Sofubi factory’s painters. These are the first ones done in this manner- Nari paints one as a guide (kind of like how a head chef makes a plate and then the rest are made exactly the same by his crew).

Ahh, interesting. That makes sense seeing the pictures of the rows of blanks he's posted.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Ahh, interesting. That makes sense seeing the pictures of the rows of blanks he's posted.

Yeah that's why he was able to paint all of the new Tunnelons so fast while the Juras were still in production.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
It's Lulu everybody! Say hi Lulu!

What is Lulu doing now?

Oh no, she has summoned her minions to rain down destruction and chaos on us all. Bad Lulu!

Go stand in the corner and think about what you've done!

(Sweet figure Gatos, thanks! And the Halloween candy was an inspired touch too. :))

Turbinosamente fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 24, 2022

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hooray! ✨😸✨

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Hell yeah, awesome!!!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:sickos:

https://twitter.com/Danzilla93_GNP/status/1584905861608226816?s=20&t=UbZp6ldRpmKRUnD0fLtO0w

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Ick I am not a fan of that Gigan design. Is it supposed to be Gigan without the cybernetics? Some sort of Metroid Fusion suit scenario?

Edit: oh yeah I think I saw UFO Yakisoban on mandarake, but no Kettler yet for whomever was looking.

Turbinosamente fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 25, 2022

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

:sickos:

Somebody stop me from pre-ordering this 1/1 scale Pochita sofubi

https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/chainsaw-man-pochita-1-1-posing-soft-vinyl-figure-8311

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I just started watching this show, and it's great so far. You should absolutely get this!