Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Macaluso posted:

What the gently caress is diff

different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Shot calling QP is kinda annoying (but your plan of practicing to feel more comfortable in comp makes sense), but their response should just be to mute you if they don't like it rather than rage

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I had a huge overtime win in comp where we barely any progress on the first round.

The enemy team was simply flabbergasted that they lost. Not even blaming each other, but just in state of shock lol. It was great.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

You'd think that just muting a person is easier than bitching at them but what do I know.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jack Trades posted:

You'd think that just muting a person is easier than bitching at them but what do I know.

SHUT THE gently caress UP

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Macaluso posted:

It's someone saying that the game was won based on the difference in skill between whoever. So like, "support diff" is saying that your supports were bad or etc.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I've had to re-learn how to mute somebody in chat

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

adhuin posted:

To be fair, people on casual formats are there, because they don't want to tryhard.

You can't become better at comp, by playing casual formats.

Splinter posted:

Shot calling QP is kinda annoying (but your plan of practicing to feel more comfortable in comp makes sense), but their response should just be to mute you if they don't like it rather than rage

It's pretty much just this, calling targets to stay in the practice of doing so where it matters. I'm not sure why someone would be irritated by this, I guess if they've never played or watched a team game with voice chat coms before and weren't used to it.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Macaluso posted:

I had to Google it when I was identified as being "Moira diff". It means "difference" as in, "this player is bad enough to be the difference between our team winning and losing."

In my case, it was accurate. I switched to Mercy and we won, lol.

The galaxy-brsin play on my part is to just queue as tank and gently caress poo poo up with Zarya, which is strong and my friend.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Splinter posted:

Shroud just placed Silver 1 on DPS after absolutely murdering people on Widow if that makes you guys feel any better

didn't he end up plat last time he played ow? he was never good at ow, like at all

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I understand everyone's desire to communicate with teammates but I also feel like the game is designed to make everything that's happening as clear as possible at almost all times and if you can't hear Reaper's big clonking boots and his extremely specific firing sounds and then you can't see the game telling you in the top right that Reaper has killed both of your supports before the Reaper subsequently kills you then I don't think some chump's nasally-rear end callouts are gonna help you.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Ping system is great for announcing reaper/hog flankers. People usually notice them.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
most peoples' comms are 95% useless if not actively detrimental either because they're distracting, talking over sound cues, giving bad information, or potentially are tilting team mates

comms are also vital at a certain level so that's not to say people shouldn't practice them, but good comms take a long time to develop as a skill

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i won bronze 5 woo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
just said at the beginning "feel free to yell at me for being bad" and our mercy walked me through the whole match being very cool and very helpful

zarya ftw

bubbling two teammates at all times and only using mine when i have to retreat or eat a rein charge feels very good

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 11, 2022

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I've had a several tanks now just go out into the middle of the team and then get super mad I'm not healing them and honestly I can't even say they're wrong but I just instantly die when I try.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
i just heard on stream torb and bastion are no longer in ranked

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
better to die with your team than be alive while your team dies, this is true in like 98% of circumstances

it's actually good to die with your team, in fact. every second you're alive after most of your team is dead is seconds you are stealing from your team.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

DoctorJones posted:

i just played with a bastion

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

DoctorJones posted:

Probably related to that ult exploit/bug

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Trying to equip one of the battlepass sprays hard crashes my client. How weird.

Edit: Make that trying to equip ANY spray for Sojourn, apparently.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

didn't he end up plat last time he played ow? he was never good at ow, like at all

IIRC maybe he hit Diamond but I don't think he ever really try harded OW. His game sense is definitely lacking a bit but he's still way above a silver player just on mechanics alone. Hard carrying on Widow with like 50 elims is something OW1's algo noticed and would place you higher than a typical fresh account (which IIRC usually used to be around high silver or gold). Will be interesting to see how much he jumps after his first promotion but I think he stopped playing today before he reached that point. Point is just if you weren't a regular high ranked player in OW1 you shouldn't feel bad about placing in silver or bronze.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

verbal enema posted:

i just played with a bastion

Must have just happen, right now he's not even selectable in Unranked. Torb can be but it says he's locked in ranked.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Splinter posted:

IIRC maybe he hit Diamond but I don't think he ever really try harded OW. His game sense is definitely lacking a bit but he's still way above a silver player just on mechanics alone. Hard carrying on Widow with like 50 elims is something OW1's algo noticed and would place you higher than a typical fresh account (which IIRC usually used to be around high silver or gold). Will be interesting to see how much he jumps after his first promotion but I think he stopped playing today before he reached that point. Point is just if you weren't a regular high ranked player in OW1 you shouldn't feel bad about placing in silver or bronze.

he's smart enough that he'll obviously go farther if he wants, but game knowledge is basically everything in ow

you get people with aimbots who struggle to climb lol

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
am i the only one running into this issue?

torb and bastion were both likely disabled because bastion had that fun ult bug and torb could double overdrive

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Most of the heroes disabled again, gently caress this. It's been a loving week Blizzard, how have you not restored a standard level of functionality to this game, what the hell?

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
blizzdiff

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
man torb is REALLY fun now

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

torb and bastion were both likely disabled because bastion had that fun ult bug and torb could double overdrive

Yeah like half my heroes are locked out lol

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Thumbtacks posted:

man torb is REALLY fun now

Really? I found him more fun with 2 tanks and everyone squeezing through the same choke.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

poe meater posted:

Yeah like half my heroes are locked out lol

everyone in my comp lobby has this bug right now lol. what a shitshow.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Thumbtacks posted:

This is happening to me too womp womp

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
hadn't run into the "heros locked" bug for a few days now but more than half the people in the QP game I was just playing had it including myself

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

now everyone is relogging in and making massive queues

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Lol this is the worst blizzard launch by a mile

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

It's not even close but with all the attention on them for this launch it certainly escalates the effect of the issues.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
if that a different glitch from the other locked heroes glitch?

I just want to play junkrat.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

It's been mostly playable all week. Multiple wow expansions and the Diablo 3 launch were worse.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
The last few days were so smooth that it was actually surprising logging in today and realising it had gone back to being a piece of poo poo again. It was literally unplayable the first day or two and you can at least play the game now which is nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

headcase posted:

Really? I found him more fun with 2 tanks and everyone squeezing through the same choke.

His overdrive ability or whatever makes him do a LOT of damage, you basically shred tanks. I've gotten more PotGs with him in the last two days than I remember ever getting with basically anyone else.