Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wheeee posted:

Mystery Heroes owns, this dumb new tank balance in other modes just leans MH even harder into being a ridiculous Overwatch slot machine.

I think the other team had two hogs and two Winstons and a healer but I can't confirm because we were constantly getting rolled by them lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Lol this is the worst blizzard launch by a mile
You know what makes everything better? Corporate crossovers! :v:

https://twitter.com/maccas/status/1579269619843739648?t=2eCUYI13edAsfK9FxuG_tw&s=19

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

DrBox posted:

It's been mostly playable all week. Multiple wow expansions and the Diablo 3 launch were worse.

i tried to play 3 times in the first week and each one was a huge shitshow. third one got cut off by primetime maintenance, too, lol

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I don't see this a lot, but it absolutely owns when you get a torb that places his turret defensively to essentially act as peel for me as a support when you're on an objective defense

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i tried to play 3 times in the first week and each one was a huge shitshow. third one got cut off by primetime maintenance, too, lol

Yeah there were issues the first day and a half and two nights this week during ~prime time~ (for NA) where there was server maintenance. But still for most of the time it's been good. I managed to play a few hours a day all week without issue, but obviously it depends on when you try to play.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Well it definitely felt like work on the last 2, but I did all the weeklies. Got to level 27. I won't do that every week.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I don't see this a lot, but it absolutely owns when you get a torb that places his turret defensively to essentially act as peel for me as a support when you're on an objective defense

yeah the lure of soaking up ult charge is strong, but I think its better to cover the back line in a completely protected position.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

DrBox posted:

It's been mostly playable all week. Multiple wow expansions and the Diablo 3 launch were worse.

I disagree. Every wow expansion I've played since like, mists has been smooth. And I played wod, legion, bfa and shadow lands at launch.

D3 was the worst up until now. This game had a ton of problems with queues and disconnects and login errors. The last 48 hours have been good up until now.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Daily cheevo points just for being a decent person lol

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Friend of mine in a comp game has his full roster while someone else in the match didn't. The bug is just sprinkled about to ruin some, but not all, days.

I had it in a QP role queue when I went to go see if it was back or not just a short while ago. Not playing until it's at least figured out, if not just patched again.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Man, I was wondering why so many games had Lucios and especially Lucio/Moira combos. Those games were also super one-sided. It's because so many folks are getting hit with that locked character bug. That's gotta be super frustrating

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

man torb is REALLY fun now

It's Torbin' time.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

headcase posted:

Well it definitely felt like work on the last 2, but I did all the weeklies. Got to level 27. I won't do that every week.

Any idea what your playtime was? I just hit 30 but haven't even bothered looking at the missions or anything, just playing randomly with friends in QP and comp.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

DrBox posted:

Yeah there were issues the first day and a half and two nights this week during ~prime time~ (for NA) where there was server maintenance. But still for most of the time it's been good. I managed to play a few hours a day all week without issue, but obviously it depends on when you try to play.

I tried to play between ~6 and 11pm

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol

https://twitter.com/lapsisbeeftech/status/1579628242616848384

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
LMAO the heroes not being unlocked bug is back. They're, uh, not gonna fix this one, are they?

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
So I got 7 wins as a tank and had my comp rank adjusted from Bronze 5 to... Bronze 5.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Anyone else miss loot boxes.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
How do you perform the Mercy Guardian jump? I thought it was shift plus CTRL at the end of the flight path? It doesn't seem to do anything special. :confused:

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Wait wait did the unlock bug comeback because they tried to lock out Torb and Bastion and accidentally set the other heroes too, just come on now.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

So I got 7 wins as a tank and had my comp rank adjusted from Bronze 5 to... Bronze 5.

That means your personal MMR vs other tanks at your level is not improving. OW takes personal performance into account for the amount of points each win/loss gives you.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SirKibbles posted:

Wait wait did the unlock bug comeback because they tried to lock out Torb and Bastion and accidentally set the other heroes too, just come on now.

it's either that or their authentication servers are having a whoopsie again

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
i had my choice of 3 supports for competitive. luckily one was moira, so i didn't get boned. i never encountered this bug before.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

That means your personal MMR vs other tanks at your level is not improving. OW takes personal performance into account for the amount of points each win/loss gives you.

So you're telling me I'm... bad? At... video games? Got it. I guess I'll... get gud?

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Yeah I think you're just not connecting to whatever server checks if you have the heroes unlocked, it keeps happening after everyone starts logging in after a patch.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

How do you perform the Mercy Guardian jump? I thought it was shift plus CTRL at the end of the flight path? It doesn't seem to do anything special. :confused:

As you start to slow down, jump to zoom forward or crouch to zoom up.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

No, not even a little.

Don't get me wrong, the battle pass sucks too

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
ok, accidentally removing half the characters in the game is pretty funny.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

net cafe scandal posted:

yes

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

net cafe scandal posted:

Kind of yes. I wish they had just made the loot boxes non-purchasable and added a battlepass for unique new cosmetics. Would have been perfect.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It's pretty astounding how much worse the new unlock system is. At least with lootboxes you gradually amassed currency at a decent rate and were always actually earning things.

Have to admit, it's impressive to make a system so bad that I miss lootboxes. :v:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This game is utterly demonic. Some sort of dark psychic fog must be playing upon the minds of Blizzard's development team. 20 dollars for a skin. Heartbreaking poo poo really

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Bottom Liner posted:

Any idea what your playtime was? I just hit 30 but haven't even bothered looking at the missions or anything, just playing randomly with friends in QP and comp.

Sorry, no idea. Probably less than 20 hours considering 3 nights were just server issues and I can only play dad hours.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

net cafe scandal posted:

This game is utterly demonic. Some sort of dark psychic fog must be playing upon the minds of Blizzard's development team. 20 dollars for a skin. Heartbreaking poo poo really

No, just really lovely rich dudes being lovely rich dudes. By all accounts, the OW dev team tried to distance themselves from the greater Blizzard culture that was so awful and protect its team better. But the big tent pole decisions like releasing this game without pve and the predatory monetization and stuff comes from the shitballs at the top.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Have to admit, it's impressive to make a system so bad that I miss lootboxes. :v:

They probably spent a lot of money to accomplish exactly that result, too.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Quotey posted:

ok, accidentally removing half the characters in the game is pretty funny.
this is the 2nd time lmao

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.

Scholtz posted:

Tea bagging is so loving lame lol

i think it loving owns
https://imgur.com/J9fBpP3

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Does Tracer's dodge ability negate Cassidy's sticky bomb? I dunno if it was server problems or what, but I stuck them a few times but nothing happened when they exploded.

Also they need to put the cooldowns on Zarya's shields on the crosshair. Having at the bottom of the screen to check is counter-intuitive.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

net cafe scandal posted:

Do you think Diablo Immortal makes a ton of money because everyone who plays it is spending 20 or 50 bucks or whatever or buying battle pass equivalents? Naw, it's like the .1% of the player base dropping 10 or 15 G's all at once.

It's an industry wide thing, so I guess analytics have been done many many times and affirmed that pricing things reasonably and targeting the average player makes less money than extremely poo poo pricing targeting whales and gambling addicts.

Jimbot posted:

Does Tracer's dodge ability negate Cassidy's sticky bomb? I dunno if it was server problems or what, but I stuck them a few times but nothing happened when they exploded.

Also they need to put the cooldowns on Zarya's shields on the crosshair. Having at the bottom of the screen to check is counter-intuitive.

The recall removes them, not the blink

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

BabyRyoga posted:

Do you think Diablo Immortal makes a ton of money because everyone who plays it is spending 20 or 50 bucks or whatever or buying battle pass equivalents? Naw, it's like the .1% of the player base dropping 10 or 15 G's all at once.

It's an industry wide thing, so I guess analytics have been done many many times and affirmed that pricing things reasonably and targeting the average player makes less money than extremely poo poo pricing targeting whales and gambling addicts.

The recall removes them, not the blink

It's pretty gross tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

DrBox posted:

As you start to slow down, jump to zoom forward or crouch to zoom up.

You can also hold S when you hit jump and you will bounce back away from the GA target, which is handy if you're zooming to someone who's in danger and you don't want to go flying past or above them directly into the fray.