Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
threw on Emily the Criminal solely because it has Aubrey Plaza and Theo Rossi in it. it's pretty darn good about 1/4 in, very well shot and acted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

PerniciousKnid posted:

What were comic book sales like in Nazi Germany?

I don't know, but German libs used to own Gobbels all the time by drawing him like Mickey Mouse because he was very small. They would also call him the poison dwarf because in addition to being very small, he was considered a very toxic person. These were highly effective tactics that were really getting a lot of results until the Nazis took over the country.

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 00:56 on Oct 11, 2022

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

indigi posted:

threw on Emily the Criminal solely because it has Aubrey Plaza and Theo Rossi in it. it's pretty darn good about 1/4 in, very well shot and acted

It's a good one

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

this movie is so tense it's giving me the agida

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
someone needs to tell theo rossi that 'stache of his is a bad idea

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it gives him character. let's him play ugly. he'd be too handsome to land most of his roles without it

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Whoolighams posted:

Remember when his mom died and goons in GBS were glad because he "stole" a Daft Punk song

there was also the time Kanye lost his poo poo because daft punk won an award over him. then he went on to sample them anyway.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

daft punk are better artists tbh but Monster is a pretty good song

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Heh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXeQ6bmV7oU

He even gets his historical / Movie reference wrong.
The 300 were Spartans.

what does "keep it 300" mean in regards to the spartans

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

two times I put on an aphex twin song and my friend said "I like the non-instrumental version better" and once it was avril 14th and another it was aegisopolis and anyway we're not friends naymore

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

did you know gangster's paradise is an ironic cover of pastime paradise and coolio's beef with weird al was he did the irony ebtter

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

all along the watchtower by hendrix? when the levee breaks by led zepplin? hurt by johnny cash? all cover songs. Checkmate, old white guys

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Antonymous posted:

did you know gangster's paradise is an ironic cover of pastime paradise and coolio's beef with weird al was he did the irony ebtter

Songs in the Key of Life seriously sounds like a modern album somehow time transported back to the 70s and channeled through Stevie
it loving owns so hard

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

my (((white))) friend didn't understand how snoop dog covered Biggie's Hypnotize in 1993 (hypnotize came out in 1997)

time travel??

edit: it really upset him

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Antonymous posted:

all along the watchtower by hendrix? when the levee breaks by led zepplin? hurt by johnny cash? all cover songs. Checkmate, old white guys

I find this post perplexing

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

music was always about taking famous tunes and replaying them and remixing them. that's until capitalistic record companies lawyered up and trained a generation (boomers) to nay-say the cover, the sample, the reference

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

half the nirvana unplugged set is covers and folk songs

let ye sample what he wants, I'm saying. he does it best

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Antonymous posted:

two times I put on an aphex twin song and my friend said "I like the non-instrumental version better" and once it was avril 14th and another it was aegisopolis and anyway we're not friends naymore

as one aphex twin fan to another: your friend owned you hard lmfao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Oh. I was trying to figure out how old white guys were pwned by a Hendrix song actually being a cover of a white guy's song, didn't realize we were still talking about sampling

Anyway if you really wanna blow a boomer's mind tell him the Beatles' version of Twist And Shout is a cover

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Antonymous posted:

what does "keep it 300" mean in regards to the spartans

it's keeping it 100 except three times as much

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/morelandwriter/status/1579496511771410432

officially the funniest thing he ever did

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Anyway Paul's Boutique is good

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

loquacius posted:

Oh. I was trying to figure out how old white guys were pwned by a Hendrix song actually being a cover of a white guy's song, didn't realize we were still talking about sampling

Anyway if you really wanna blow a boomer's mind tell him the Beatles' version of Twist And Shout is a cover

there's probably a legion of old white guys out there who think Clapton's cover of I Shot The Sherriff is better than the Bob Marley version

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

loquacius posted:

its not about race, it's about integrity in myusic gernalism

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

actually through the lens of race the outrage that Kanye sampled Daft Punk makes a lot more sense. it really makes no sense otherwise. I am so naieve

lol crack ping

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
outrage?

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
daft punk is a bitch anyway. gently caress that guy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Filthy Hans posted:

there's probably a legion of old white guys out there who think Clapton's cover of I Shot The Sherriff is better than the Bob Marley version

I think this concept is probably more viscerally repulsive to me than basically any other opinion

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

loquacius posted:

Anyway Paul's Boutique is good

+ Since I Left You + Wildflower

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

You like Eric Clapton's solo career?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Twist and Shout is my favorite The Beatles song

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Casey Finnigan posted:

daft punk is a bitch anyway. gently caress that guy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

indigi posted:

Twist and Shout is my favorite The Beatles song

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Pink/status/3967674746

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/cacmrg/status/1579819562434166784

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Gag

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I wish I liked the new season of Avenue 5 more.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao get her rear end

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

😬

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Frosted Flake posted:

I wish I liked the new season of Avenue 5 more.

i felt the same way about the first season