Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

comedyblissoption posted:

this is the 2nd time lmao

Don’t worry, blizzard CS Twitter reports that they are “investing” in the “new” issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

BabyRyoga posted:

It's an industry wide thing, so I guess analytics have been done many many times and affirmed that pricing things reasonably and targeting the average player makes less money than extremely poo poo pricing targeting whales and gambling addicts.

more or less, yeah. it's better optics, better profits, and is usually financially easier to put together to boot, since all you have to do is make a couple of high-quality items and then a bunch of low-to-mid tier stuff to pad out the battle pass instead of constantly churning out mounts worthy of people pulling the gacha lever 1000 times for. OW2's model is especially efficient in this regard, since bundling a new hero in as a part of it gives a real "i want the new hero, may as well buy the battle pass since it'll be close to the same price anyways" incentive

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

spunkshui posted:

Don’t worry, blizzard CS Twitter reports that they are “investing” in the “new” issue.

I wonder how hollowed out their cs team is now

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Played more comp matches tonight. Went 3-3 for the session. Quality of matches have been really good; can't really be mad at the losses. There was only one match where we got streamrolled/outplayed hard, but the other two losses were really close and could've gone either way it felt like. The wins were deffo a struggle though lol, but hard fought W's are super rewarding. 4 more W's until next rank adjustment lets gooo.

teagone fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 11, 2022

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I think the funniest part of half my roster being locked is that miraculously I still have Kiriko, the one hero that you'd think would be most likely to be locked for people.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Is this the amount of heroes that new players start with? That's a ton of heroes locked lol

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

poe meater posted:

Is this the amount of heroes that new players start with? That's a ton of heroes locked lol

They open quickly aside from the BP heroes.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Quotey posted:

ok, accidentally removing half the characters in the game is pretty funny.

UPDATE: just realised i can still play torb despite this coinciding with the update removing him. or maybe he was just removed from comp? regardless, that makes it funnier.

is there a goon discord where i can play with people who enjoy the game?

e: sorry i asked!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Quotey posted:

is there a goon discord where i can play with people who enjoy the game?

no one enjoys overwatch

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lmao

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
ah-ha! there is some emergency maintenence. well, i was hoping to complete a weekly, but no doubt when the game is back it will be even better.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

are they actually trying to kill the game or have they divined that they generate ++engagement with peak hour downtimes

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
i play this game almost solely in quickplay and it is a fun way to blow off some steam as a cool anime girl, swole muscle gal, or science gorilla.

i've found that the buff to tanks has only exacerbated one of my big issues with Overwatch 1: half of the games I play, the only winning move is to swap to Winston and delete the enemy team comp as they are wholly unprepared to deal with unavoidable sustain damage and a decent barrier. I'm sure this is a quickplay problem mostly, since no one is good and there is little to no coordination. But it's kinda sad to be having a blast as Junker Queen while knowing that I'd be 5x as effective just going Winston again.

basically, Winston is the best character to have on your team in QP and Widowmaker is the absolute worst.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
is the game down for anyone else? Launcher has a message about how they're aware of the hero bug but doesn't say anything about maintenance

whoops new posts above mine answer the question, assuming those times are about nowish

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Lol, the one hour I was gonna play today

Sign from God to do something useful I suppose.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Cephas posted:

Winston is the best character to have on your team in QP and Widowmaker is the absolute worst.

This for real, just won like 6 games in a row doing this before servers went down. Literally just an ok Mercy and and ok Winston working together will obliterate quickplay games

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Maybe I just get different teams in QP but facing down a Winston in any role is a pretty easy win unless you get truly abushed and you're playing Zenny. Most people understand to get away from the bubble, which pops with sustained fire pretty easy, and Winston's tend to dive so hard that they just get burned down before they can really kill anyone.

I understand though because I have played as him too and find his damage pretty pitiful. It's not to say that you can't eventually take people down, it's just not the most efficient way of the tank classes.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

CuddleCryptid posted:

Maybe I just get different teams in QP but facing down a Winston in any role is a pretty easy win unless you get truly abushed and you're playing Zenny. Most people understand to get away from the bubble, which pops with sustained fire pretty easy, and Winston's tend to dive so hard that they just get burned down before they can really kill anyone.

I understand though because I have played as him too and find his damage pretty pitiful. It's not to say that you can't eventually take people down, it's just not the most efficient way of the tank classes.

My movement is pretty decent with Mercy and I would keep flying around him while boosting damage. It would melt the other team before they could even really do much damage.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

CuddleCryptid posted:

QP folks do not know how to deal with the highly advanced Winston tactic of "jump away from the enemy if you're about to die"

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

winston seems 'fine' but isnt nearly tanky enough to bully an entire team like an orisa/dva/doomfist. but drat the ranged alt fire was a buff to his ability to confirm kills. if i see a winston im walking back to spawn to switch off ana and zen every time

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Is it just me or does the "The Best Defense" "Deal/boost a total of 125,000 damage" weekly just randomly reset back to however much damage you did the previous match (or something to that effect)? Whenever it seems I'm making progress on it it seems to jump back to say 8k or similar.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Apparently if you jump into skirmish mode while queueing it does that. Guess the logic to not count skirmish stats for challenges is messed up so it just reverts your progress entirely

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I hit level 25 on the battlepass this morning and it's such a loving slog even with an XP boost. I am dreading having to grind this much just for a new hero.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Brigitte is pretty fun and great at killing backline invaders. I think I've found my support.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Still miss the stun of her shield bash though

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Let junker queen say the C word

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Canadian?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Conservative

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Nothing but hate and bile about this trash broken game but having decided to play it on the last day of overwatch one after almost three years of never touching it and I'm back at my foolishness of thinking this is actually a fantastic game and I have no idea how blizzard (yuck) made this all work back in 2016

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Mega Comrade posted:

Still miss the stun of her shield bash though

nobody else does!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Shield Bash should be a small boop rather than a stun.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Brigitte feels so much weaker than i remembdr

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

She is. No more Ms Raidboss.

Shield Bash + Whiplash Combo should send the enemy into stratosphere.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Collapsing Farts posted:

Brigitte feels so much weaker than i remembdr

that's on purpose

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

It should be her ultimate ability.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I picked this up again and I expected to have a ton of hot takes, but really this just feels like overwatch designed by people who kinda sucked at overwatch.

Don't get me wrong ranked deathwatch is fun but with the lack of negation abilities everyone's just getting loving dunked on constantly. It's really funny.

E: also I guess they did an mmr reset? I was 4300 on every role and it dunked me in plat 4. This is gonna suck for a lot of people if I keep playing and decide to climb :v:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

dogstile posted:

I picked this up again and I expected to have a ton of hot takes, but really this just feels like overwatch designed by people who kinda sucked at overwatch.

Don't get me wrong ranked deathwatch is fun but with the lack of negation abilities everyone's just getting loving dunked on constantly. It's really funny.

E: also I guess they did an mmr reset? I was 4300 on every role and it dunked me in plat 4. This is gonna suck for a lot of people if I keep playing and decide to climb :v:

everyone's set back a couple tiers on purpose

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

dogstile posted:

OW1 Diamonds/Plats were thrown into silver, and everyone below that no matter what were sent into bronze to fight their way out lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

dogstile posted:

I knew i'd been calling you a boosted plat for years for a reason