Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

kliras posted:

the 4090 aorus doesn't fit in the o11d case lmao. good thing no one uses that case

i can't wait for the videos of people getting their aib cards and trying to install them

The GN review starts talking about thermals and says that the 4090 actually seems to have good cooling which finally means that there is little reason to buy an AIB. :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Hey, it looks like they removed the RGB this time! What a weird choice with the 30 series, my 3080 is super understated but then there's just a rainbow cycling light in the center

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Poor NVIDIA, there literally isn't a CPU in existance fast enough to keep up with the 4090 at anything below 4K.

Blows my mind it's straight double the speed of my 3080GB in basically everything.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

RGB and SFF were stupid trends, I'm glad they are dying

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

SFF were stupid trends, I'm glad they are dying

Hey, let's not go crazy here

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

hobbesmaster posted:

The GN review starts talking about thermals and says that the 4090 actually seems to have good cooling which finally means that there is little reason to buy an AIB. :thunk:
the only thing that jumps out is 35 dB noise normalization

other offers don't seem as competitive unless they drop that lower or offer a vbios switch

i'd be very worried as an aib partner though, aside from nvidia still being terrible at actually getting fe's to people outside the us

e: if only we could get an evga card with a powerlink to manage cables and stabilize power fluctuation :smith:

kliras fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Oct 11, 2022

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
lol holy poo poo they weren't joking about the raster increase, will be buying

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shipon posted:

lol holy poo poo they weren't joking about the raster increase, will be buying

Double the price, double the performance

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
OP owns a Tesla :laugh:

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Sell me a FE Nvidia you fucks. They literally had an opt in notification for Australian FE availability, with posted prices (A$2959), just to tell everyone they're canning the launch :argh:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Relative to the AIB cards, yes.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

Is that raw RT with no DLSS?

GamersNexus has a CP2077 chart with RT and DLSS/FSR enabled (FSR for AMD)

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Shumagorath posted:

OP owns a Tesla :laugh:

Hell yeah.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

Double the price, double the performance

yeah the performance is nice, but performance per dollar stagnating on a new generation sucks

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Just one more generation and we will finally be able to play Cyberpunk 2077 at 60fps :)

Real talk though, I'm glad there's some improvement to ray tracing render penalty even when the game isn't using the fancy new hardware optimization features.

Yeah I ain't dissing him. I respect the look.

So what the hell is going on here

Did LTT get their hands on a 7000-series X3D chip or something :v:

edit: oh wait oops that's with RT off, I'm a dummy

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

GamersNexus has a CP2077 chart with RT and DLSS/FSR enabled (FSR for AMD)

note this is the current shipping build of cyberpunk, the RT overdrive patch is still forthcoming :laugh:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Cross-Section posted:

You're comparing apples to oranges. TPU has RT on while LTT doesn't.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Oct 11, 2022

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The GN 4k ff14 benchmark is wild, you could probably reliably raid on max settings at 4k.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

SFF is a great thing, imo. I still use a FT02 but I do adore a good, smol PC case.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Oct 11, 2022

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

There's going to be a bunch of 4090 launch day buyers of both FE and AIB who are going to get hosed by the dimensions of the thing

I'm still not sure if even the FE fits my case

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

pictured: SFF enthusiasts on their way to kill you

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

repiv posted:

note this is the current shipping build of cyberpunk, the RT overdrive patch is still forthcoming :laugh:

I fully expect this to cut frame rates in half again

Cross-Section posted:

edit: oh wait oops that's with RT off, I'm a dummy

Even taking RT off into account, I have no idea what's happening here. This shows a way bigger increase than other outlets. Here's TPU chart for RT-off 4k ultra:

Here's Hardware Unboxed at 4K High:

LTT's data is anomalous here.

edit: I'm leaving this copy/paste error in because i'm lazy and it's already corrected below

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Oct 11, 2022

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

shrike82 posted:

There's going to be a bunch of 4090 launch day buyers of both FE and AIB who are going to get hosed by the dimensions of the thing

What's your case?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

shrike82 posted:

The 4090 FE is shorter than the 3090 FE, it's just 3 slots wide. Should fit in most cases

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Even taking RT off into account, I have no idea what's happening here. This shows a way bigger increase than other outlets. Here's TPU chart for RT-off 4k ultra:

:ssh: wrong middle pic

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yep, this is hella odd. Makes me wonder if LTT did their benchmark run in the desert outside the city or some poo poo

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

cyberpunk doesn't have a canned benchmark does it? it's not that unusual for outlets to differ wildly in cases like that, especially in something like an open world game where performance can be all over the place depending on where you test

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I can fit 423mm, or 461mm if I downgrade the case fans a bit (Fractal Torrent). Less space for a rad if I put it on the front, but an AIO card is going to be much smaller anyway I suspect. Thinking about that from a noise perspective, especially since I can’t undervolt in Linux.

repiv posted:

cyberpunk doesn't have a canned benchmark does it? it's not that unusual for outlets to differ wildly in cases like that, especially in something like an open world game where performance can be all over the place depending on where you test

It has one in the settings screen, yeah.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I think it's more likely that LTT accidentally did the CP2077 run with DLSS enabled and never caught it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

repiv posted:

cyberpunk doesn't have a canned benchmark does it?

it didn't at release, but has had one for some months now

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It does have a canned benchmark, they’re not explicitly calling out using it on any of the pictures though. The game did not have that benchmark at launch.

The benchmark is also kinda misleading for performance in the city center at night, I dialed in my 3080 with RT and DLSS settings at 1440p on the benchmark to be in the 60-70 range and it still dropped to 20fps in some situations.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

repiv posted:

pictured: SFF enthusiasts on their way to kill you

Lmao

Like I get it small compact things are cool to look at and build, but I’ll take a free flowing quiet monolith that lives out of sight under my desk all day over a cute case that sits on top of it

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

If anyone whaling out on a 4090 also wants to whale out on an expensive high-end monitor to go with it, the Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 is currently on sale at Samsung's webstore for around $900 after discounts, and I wrote a bit about how to get that discount and my time using the monitor in the monitors thread here. :getin:

(In short, it's quite good and would be a good match for a 4090 imo)

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Lmao

Like I get it small compact things are cool to look at and build, but I’ll take a free flowing quiet monolith that lives out of sight under my desk all day over a cute case that sits on top of it

How about a free flowing, quiet cute case that sits under your desk all day?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

What's your case?

The Phanteks Evolv X just based on a quick googling - I have an Ampere A6000 squeezed in with a Thunderbolt daughter card which I guess I can remove

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So a $2000 card performs like you'd want it to, that's a nice change!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Subjunctive posted:

I can fit 423mm, or 461mm if I downgrade the case fans a bit (Fractal Torrent).

Oops, I have the Torrent Compact! Looks like 330mm given how wide the cards are. That’ll fit an FE, but I’m not sure about non-AIO AIB cards…

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

mobby_6kl posted:

So a $2000 card performs like you'd want it to, that's a nice change!

almost 4x the price, almost 2x the performance!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

Oops, I have the Torrent Compact! Looks like 330mm given how wide the cards are. That’ll fit an FE, but I’m not sure about non-AIO AIB cards…

you're pretty much stuck with the FE unless you want to try your luck with the tolerances on fitting a 329.4mm card into a 330mm space

you can remove the chunky fans on the torrent and put slimmer ones in to get more clearance but that kind of defeats the point of the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I appreciate Ali from Optimum Tech spending a decent chunk of time actually just sitting down and playing a game with DLSS3 enabled and relaying his thoughts about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWGQ432O3Z4

He's a typically a pretty hardcore competitive shooter guy who obsesses over input latency, and he said he actually preferred cyberpunk with DLSS3 enabled for the added smoothness even though he says he could feel the added 10ms of input latency