Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

The secret to being a goose isn't to be smart or good at eve, it's to be relentlessly aggressive until the things that are smarter or better run away.

Unfortunately that doesn't work when the thing is a large decaying tree stump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

I surely have some kind of problem with my brain to be seeking it out; but I also lack the money for actual therapy

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Mifune also passed out at downtime during M2-XFE round 1, but had the main stream coverage feed so all anyone saw for a while was their black disconnect screen

I wish I had been around for m2, can't believe I also missed mifune's best stream

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

psilocybin laden posted:

I wish I had been around for m2, can't believe I also missed mifune's best stream

I was there in a Nyx when it kicked off, though I was actually playing Civ 4 when the first pings went out. I then stayed up until 3am UK in my Nyx not being able to shoot anything because I believe supercarriers were being used as a screen against a dreadbomb. I docked in Big's Disco Palace, went to bed, woke up at 8am, logged into jabber to find the battle still going on and that supers were now allowed to shoot things. In the end, I got on five or six titan kills, and in exchange for all of my T2 heavy fighters getting nuked

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

40 lbs to freedom posted:

cant help but notice no one said muninns

Elo Knight doesn't post here.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

psilocybin laden posted:

I wish I had been around for m2

it sucked rear end

like almost every Great Fight In Eve, it's much better to read about than to have actually experienced

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Eyud posted:

Lokis are pretty cool

Heavy Missile Loki's are my favorite for blopsy stuff. I'll throw 9 of my dudes out in space all in Loki's when full tism'ing some hell camping or blackops oppression.

If I'm loving around and multiboxing then my go-to is the myrmidon. I'll put out 9 'herd'-myrms and a Huginn trigger. I have an Eos version of this set up but haven't tried it yet.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

CainFortea posted:

Elo Knight doesn't post here.

* click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click*

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Dalmuti posted:

* click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click* * click*

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

I miss welp hurricanes. Killing supers in cheap t1 BCs with Vee was probably the height of fleet pvp for me.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Dalmuti posted:

lol

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
My favorite so far is my Slasher. I know it’s a t1 frigate (and a handout), but I’ve gotten a lot of practice manually closing (in first person camera view!) and the drat thing is faaaast!

Also, flying Slashers has taught me that losing a ship is no big deal, unlike every single MMO I’ve ever played. Unless you’re carrying 30b in cargo, that is…

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Maybe it's my advancing years, but I can't fly anything fast in combat. Cruisers, HACs and (if anyone used them) BCs are right in that sweet spot. Battleships are slow as poo poo, but as I said up thread, get yourself a good FC who knows how to use them and they're loving great

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

DerekSmartymans posted:

My favorite so far is my Slasher. I know it’s a t1 frigate (and a handout), but I’ve gotten a lot of practice manually closing (in first person camera view!) and the drat thing is faaaast!

Also, flying Slashers has taught me that losing a ship is no big deal, unlike every single MMO I’ve ever played. Unless you’re carrying 30b in cargo, that is…

zooming in fast as gently caress and locking someone down so that your bros can punch them in the face is legit one of the best feelings in the game and the reason i have interceptors 5 trained

never not go fast

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

grumplestiltzkin posted:

zooming in fast as gently caress and locking someone down so that your bros can punch them in the face is legit one of the best feelings in the game and the reason i have interceptors 5 trained

never not go fast

Yeah, I have int iv and v in queue…and sometimes really do spiral in on approach in first-person view. Raw speed has let me get tackle more than once, but my ships get destroyed after that. It’s still fun as gently caress to be fast.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

40 lbs to freedom posted:

i think its cool and a big reason why eve is great that all of these answers are so wildly different. cant help but notice no one said muninns or capitals

Sub caps cruiser and below are the epitome of fun in this dumb game. I didn’t answer the question because the answer literally changes year to year. I had a lot of fun in sabres, bombers, recons of all flavors and cynabals/Vagas.

I had a banger of a blops orthrus setup.

Edit: I will say I killed more people and isk value in sabres than anything else. Tackled several supers/titans and more small gang than you can shake a stick at.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Oct 9, 2022

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Imo the best ship is a tie between the endurance and a venture with that disco skin on.

Just watch out for the blasters.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Navy Comet in police skin

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Marauders are BAE.

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

learnincurve posted:

Imo the best ship is a tie between the endurance and a venture with that disco skin on.

Just watch out for the blasters.

People underestimate blaster ventures but they have a pretty good amount of dps. I’ve never tried a pvp endurance but I imagine it’s pretty good with like 3x the ehp.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Baron of Bad News posted:

Marauders are BAE.

i love my paladin but i'm only using it for pve. i was very glad to see they got a big buff not long ago.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Baron of Bad News posted:

Marauders are BAE.

They are. They're arguably the best ships in the game aswell because they can do so many different things for relarively low isk/skill investment, from wormhole krabbing, to nullsec deds, hihsec mission running, and triple ancil pvp vargurs, etc.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
saw a golem in the nest and formed up but he was gone before we could do anything, so its impromptu kitchen sink roam time! killed a deimos and a pod, honked in local, and made it back to the nest. Op success:smugdog:

i stopped winning even to hang out with a buncha geese and im regretting nothing

grumplestiltzkin fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 10, 2022

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

getting chased all the way across querious by a scout who was starting to get buttmad in local at us by the end of it was worth slow boating across two regions

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.
Pandemic Horde loses Hel in Delve:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/103889400/

Abridged story is he was trying to do a drive by on crab beacons in 1dq1, so a hunting party was sent after him in NPC delve. Bumped off a second super when they jumped to their exit cyno, so couldn't get off the cyno grid, was decloaked by an observatory.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

poverty fit rear end smartbombs and neuts

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

andromache posted:

Pandemic Horde loses Hel in Delve:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/103889400/

Abridged story is he was trying to do a drive by on crab beacons in 1dq1, so a hunting party was sent after him in NPC delve. Bumped off a second super when they jumped to their exit cyno, so couldn't get off the cyno grid, was decloaked by an observatory.

Attached is delve.imperium whilst this was happening. Glad something happens in autz...

Felt bad for the guy who lost his nag, but he was running crabs in 1dq so lol.

E: So yeah, 2 hels did a driveby on a dread running crabs in 1dq, one got killed, one got away is basically the full story.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

floppyspud fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Oct 10, 2022

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.
TEST is no longer a SOV holding alliance.

Lol, and dare I say it, lmao.

https://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Test_Alliance_Please_Ignore

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

andromache posted:

:laffo:

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

andromache posted:

Is this a slow decline thing or did something happen recently?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

They started bleeding corps in the aftermath of whatever the gently caress that last push into 1DQ was. Last I heard they were being pushed around in Outer Passage by a group with about 30 players in and absolutely unable to defend any of the timers they were set

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

andromache posted:

August 1, 2021: 17,000 members

October 1, 2022: Less than 5,000 members

:iia:

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

..... they lost almost 80 timers in three days?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

They really don't have that many active pilots left. Or they simply transferred/self-destructed the ihubs/tcus (can you do that?)

GSV Fuck Your God
Aug 27, 2003

small-l liberalism
You can self-destruct but you can't transfer them to another alliance.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Should mean they lose TTT money right? Because if not one dude and a dog is sat there laughing while collecting billions

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Allegedly FRT promised TEST some space once BRAVE was dealt with...problem (for them) is that BRAVE is still there. If TEST tries to move in up North I will move my dreads up there to poke that corpse.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

And there's no way the war between FRAT and BRAVE can resolve itself as both sides are timezone tanking the other

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

learnincurve posted:

Should mean they lose TTT money right? Because if not one dude and a dog is sat there laughing while collecting billions

I'm also thinking that horde and goons will be trying to get test out of the TTT deal, if they do lose it (which I hope to God they do) they will die very quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Fraternity is gonna give them deklein after they win the war against BTC... which they will surely do. Also now their space is owned by some Chinese panfam alliance, basically that stupid mango alliance that tried to fold 2000 people into goons after announcing exactly what theyre doing without anyone realising.