Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

gandlethorpe posted:

What part of her kit does that? Her Q sounds like it only hits twice, and I believe her E only works on field. Then again, I still can't make heads or tails of her talents because I zone out halfway through reading the descriptions.

Gotta say, I'm still baffled by her kit design, which feels like a step in the wrong direction. Hope she's just an experiment and they decide not to make more characters who are neutered if you dare to use them with 80% of the characters in the game.

Her E in AOE mode ends by giving her an aura that continuously applies Wet to nearby enemies. This persists after you switch out and lasts for 12 seconds (the skill has an 18 second cooldown).

Edit: At C1 the duration is extended to 18 seconds for 100% uptime, but I dunno who's getting her to C1.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

What part of her kit does that? Her Q sounds like it only hits twice, and I believe her E only works on field. Then again, I still can't make heads or tails of her talents because I zone out halfway through reading the descriptions.

Gotta say, I'm still baffled by her kit design, which feels like a step in the wrong direction. Hope she's just an experiment and they decide not to make more characters who are neutered if you dare to use them with 80% of the characters in the game.

Her E has her do a 3 hit combo of hydro slashes. Depending on which button she presses for the last hit, either she shoots a sword beam that extends the dance and lets her keep spamming the skill slashes and sword beams for the next 8 seconds, or she summons a ring of water around herself that stays after she swaps out.

(video link)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I don't know how often it applies Hydro though.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Her E has her do a 3 hit combo of hydro slashes. Depending on which button she presses for the last hit, either she shoots a sword beam that extends the dance and lets her keep spamming the skill slashes and sword beams for the next 8 seconds, or she summons a ring of water around herself that stays after she swaps out.

(video link)

Ah, thanks. I think I finally get it now. I've seen the videos and read the descriptions multiple times but have never been able to connect what's what.

Lol at her E having like 7 unique terms. That's gotta be a record.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Gonna roll for Nilou and then whale for Nahida

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I'm gonna roll for Nilou, get a Diluc dupe, run out of pulls, and be set for a guaranteed Nahida.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I really wanted to go hard on Nilou but her numbers being pretty mediocre, in terms of personal damage her ult is Yelan's E twice and her E's are like one bolt of Yelan's three bolt ult for most of the hits so nothing to write home about. Also while it's a questionable leak that had Raiden, Eula, and Ayaka in the same patch, at the very least Raiden is basically all but assured given we've gotten the other three archons before her and Eula at least has been mia for long enough to be due a rerun, and those three are basically my most wanted.

As cute as Nilou is I'd rather go for the known quantities I really want. :negative:

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
How realistic is it for me to use my guaranteed roll now for Cyno and be able to get back up to another guaranteed roll in time for Nahida? Assuming Welkin Moon and $10 battle pass.

I really want Nahida but skipping half a month of 4* doesn’t sound fun for a new player. Worst case scenario I suppose I could throw some cash into the whale trap but I don’t want to open Pandora’s box.

Edit: found some numbers that answered my question and yeah this doesn’t seem possible without whaling. I could get back up to a 50/50 but not a guaranteed roll. Gatcha :argh:

Leathal fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Oct 11, 2022

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Eimi posted:

I really wanted to go hard on Nilou but her numbers being pretty mediocre, in terms of personal damage her ult is Yelan's E twice and her E's are like one bolt of Yelan's three bolt ult for most of the hits so nothing to write home about. Also while it's a questionable leak that had Raiden, Eula, and Ayaka in the same patch, at the very least Raiden is basically all but assured given we've gotten the other three archons before her and Eula at least has been mia for long enough to be due a rerun, and those three are basically my most wanted.

As cute as Nilou is I'd rather go for the known quantities I really want. :negative:

Disregard nerds with their leaks and bad opinions, acquire cute gatcha girl (or Diluc).

Oblique Angle
Feb 11, 2011

God or the devil? Why not surpass them both?!
Roll with your heart, not your calculator

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

If it's any selling point, Nilou looks like one of the cheapest to build 5*s around. If you don't care about her personal damage and just want her for the special blooms and hydro application, you can leave her talents at level 1 and give her a dull blade. Your dendro characters will be more likely triggering the blooms and all you want is as much HP% as possible for the bloom damage.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Do we know the 4 stars on either of the next two banners yet?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Oblique Angle posted:

Roll with your heart, not your calculator

I want Eula, Raiden, and Ayaka because of my heart. I'm not pulling them for meta, but because they are cool and I want to build parties around them.

Coolness Averted posted:

Do we know the 4 stars on either of the next two banners yet?

They just released the info. They are pretty good for 4*, Barbara, Beidou, Xiangling. Might make me regret my words and deeds by skipping.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

The real hardest choices require the strongest wills moment will be whenever Hu Tao rerun hits. It will probably be before we get any info on Dehya, who I absolutely love, and I already have Yoimiya so it's not like I'm hurting for pyro dps but Hu Tao's terrible jokes spooky thing is awesome...

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Eimi posted:

I want Eula, Raiden, and Ayaka because of my heart. I'm not pulling them for meta, but because they are cool and I want to build parties around them.
The Almighty Shogun does not favour those who lack conviction. If you stay the course, you may earn her respect, but if you waver, she will not grant her sanction until your 180th roll.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Hopefully they re-run Shenhe and Yae soon as they are the only 5* I missed getting the first time around.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Y'know what, I'm gonna roll on Nilou's banner. If I get her way too early, I only need to fight the Blightdrake 13 times to get her leveled up compared to finding another 103 scarabs.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

FractalSandwich posted:

The Almighty Shogun does not favour those who lack conviction. If you stay the course, you may earn her respect, but if you waver, she will not grant her sanction until your 180th roll.

Concurred posted:

my last set of primos

I can't remember how many rolls it took to get Shogun but I know I won the 50%

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Leathal posted:

How realistic is it for me to use my guaranteed roll now for Cyno and be able to get back up to another guaranteed roll in time for Nahida? Assuming Welkin Moon and $10 battle pass.

I really want Nahida but skipping half a month of 4* doesn’t sound fun for a new player. Worst case scenario I suppose I could throw some cash into the whale trap but I don’t want to open Pandora’s box.

Edit: found some numbers that answered my question and yeah this doesn’t seem possible without whaling. I could get back up to a 50/50 but not a guaranteed roll. Gatcha :argh:

I don't think even 50/50 is practical with only half a patch til the banner and an accelerated patch schedule.

Realistically since you're a new player you can probably just delete everything with xiangling even if you have absolutely nobody else besides her+collei. But it looks like you have a nifty Kuki hyperbloom team in the works already.
Keep in mind that we should get another event with a free 4* character at the start of 3.2 around the same time Nahida's banner starts too.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Oct 11, 2022

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I just got Venti and I think I will stop rolling until the Nahida banner. I was at about 75 pity and I feel like going for the archons isn't a bad idea for someone who started playing recently, even if Venti isn't cool anymore. I hope they do another Raiden banner sometime.

Kale
May 14, 2010

x1o posted:

Hopefully they re-run Shenhe and Yae soon as they are the only 5* I missed getting the first time around.

Yae is all but confirmed for 3.2 second half by credible leakers alongside a 3rd Childe rerun. You can almost sense them throwing Raiden into the Scaramouche banner for 3.3 since she's kind of due as well and while it works thematically I'm sure a lot of people would consider that downright mean. Shenhe seems like a strong candidate for 3.4 or the Lantern rite along with Hu Tao which I'd bet any money on for Lantern Rite since it's been just about a year already since she was last featured in a banner. These are basically all the characters off the top of my head that have had the longest time since their last rerun minus Maybe Eula who was around last Christmas/New Years.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Rexxed posted:

I just got Venti and I think I will stop rolling until the Nahida banner. I was at about 75 pity and I feel like going for the archons isn't a bad idea for someone who started playing recently, even if Venti isn't cool anymore. I hope they do another Raiden banner sometime.

Venti is very cool. He increased my score in the last event but about 800 points in just one burst. 10/10, would pull again. It's also nice that his constellations totally kinda suck, so you never feel tempted to roll for them.

edit: I guess a stacking res shred can be pretty decent. Wouldn't C6 a 5 star for it, though.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 11, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

Speaking of Eula I'm struggling to think of a character that has had more of a 180 in terms of overall reception from first unveiling to release and people figuring out how they best work in teams. The only one that I can think of that's particularly close is Heizou or maybe Raiden, otherwise usually it seems to work in reverse where people go from a strong first impression on seeing a characters first splash art reveal to cooling on a character or it just stays the same all the way like Yelan. The thing with Eula, Raiden and Heizou though is that initially their reception was quite poor upon revealing of their splash arts and then everything just kind of flipped around after their batch of trailers and seeing their kits potential although it took a bit longer with Raiden because a some people didn't seem to understand her kit at first. In terms of sheer flip around it was especially pronounced when Eula's backstory was first unveiled and I remember it being this huge dumb boycott controversy thing. Newer players may just kind of have to take my word for it but I swear to god the character was not looking to be a fan favorite at the outset.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Kale posted:

Yae is all but confirmed for 3.2 second half by credible leakers alongside a 3rd Childe rerun. You can almost sense them throwing Raiden into the Scaramouche banner for 3.3 since she's kind of due as well and while it works thematically I'm sure a lot of people would consider that downright mean. Shenhe seems like a strong candidate for 3.4 or the Lantern rite along with Hu Tao which I'd bet any money on for Lantern Rite since it's been just about a year already since she was last featured in a banner. These are basically all the characters off the top of my head that have had the longest time since their last rerun minus Maybe Eula who was around last Christmas/New Years.

Ooof that's a lotta primo's I'm gonna need then. Nilou -> Nahida -> Yae -> Raiden's Weapon -> Shenhe

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Sayu really is an overworld all-star. She's an expert spin-dasher, bug-catcher and rock-breaker.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I'm still not clear what role Cyno is supposed to fill. Dendro reactions with electro want either all-in on EM for hyperbloom or you want ATK/crit/electro dmg for aggravate. In theory I'll want like EM Shinobu for hyperbloom teams and then electro-DPS Keqing for aggravate teams. Is Cyno's thing that he fills both these roles at once?

Keqing is fun to play at least. She's no Hu Tao but Keqing is more mechanically involved than lazily pressing a button every 0.5s. Nothing against Ayato and gang but sometimes involved stuff is more satisfying to use. Poor Ayato, even his sister is a move-canceller.

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Rexxed posted:

venti is extremely cool and a i couldnt imagine a better 5 star for someone starting out. nearly every enemy in sumeru is susceptible to his washing machine, just add something that can hit them while they are helplessly whooshing around and you will be clearing camps in no time with all the loot deposited in nifty little piles. even after two years he basically never leaves my overworld party because i cant stand running around chasing little shits + anemo resonance.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't know what to say about Nilou's signature sword but we now know who its partner in the tag-team match is

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1579683458464423937

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1579685723300663296

Wait, poo poo, the 4*s change too. I've gotta make my wishes this afternoon.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Oct 11, 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nilou's signature sword is super good for her and probably no one else. It's the only sword with HP as the substat, and therefore the only weapon that matters for Nilou.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Is it good for Kuki too?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Possibly? More HP but less EM, depends on what you want out of her I guess.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'll mention that only a few sword users are capable of even triggering the passive in a reasonable amount of field time - albedo, kuki, anemo traveler (maybe), and qiqi. It's a great effect but unfortunately its activation requirement is limited enough that you can't slap it on random characters.

Unrelated, I've been trying to get 6k each ikki day. This ayaka team tbqh sucks. Any suggestions? I own C6Sara so Bennett could be free. Xiao would be ideal but I am Xiaoless. Also if you have childe + xiangling DO use them this event it's awesome.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Oct 11, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This weapon banner's a pretty wonky one. The Key is incredibly niche, while Jade Cutter is one of the best swords in the game, and the 4*s aren't bad. The new 4* sword is pretty much tailor-made for Kazuha (why couldn't they have done that with the sword from his quest that actually looks good on him :argh:)

It does remind me that it's probably going to be pretty rare for Jade Cutter to be run alongside another good, widely-applicable weapon going forward, since it's such effective bait. It also isn't anyone's signature weapon, so there's no 5* rerun they have to run it with.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

JC isnt anyone's signature so it's always run alongside a signature (jade spear, moonglowlol, kagura's). Weapon banners are always getting better so I wouldnt fomo about them. This is a very good set of 4 stars though.

I need to remind myself that kazuha's sword there isnt that that amazing at R1, it's "only" sharing ~11 ER to the rest of the team (36% to self is pretty nice though ofc). The catalyst effect is nice as well but is also only about 70 atk share on a 1000 EM character. Still really good tho.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

No Wave posted:

I'll mention that only a few sword users are capable of even triggering the passive in a reasonable amount of field time - albedo, kuki, anemo traveler (maybe), and qiqi. It's a great effect but unfortunately its activation requirement is limited enough that you can't slap it on random characters.

Unrelated, I've been trying to get 6k each ikki day. This ayaka team tbqh sucks. Any suggestions? I own C6Sara so Bennett could be free. Xiao would be ideal but I am Xiaoless. Also if you have childe + xiangling DO use them this event it's awesome.

I would only run ayaka with venti here. She can eat 3+ waves of mobs during venti ult, same as ayato probably but I feel he has other options.

In the previous Ikki event I remember starting with hutao and anemo suck buff, since if you are in the middle of the arena it gathered everyone then I proceeded to normal attack several waves to death, if that still works maybe you can do the same with ayato and free up venti? Or maybe pair him with sucrose, I feel she could fit in somewhere.

If venti is free and you don't want ayaka then maybe ganyu ult into ventis can do the job as it always did.

So far this this setup gave me 6.5K and 6.4K. It's kinda similar

My c6 sara works well here since she is build for damage and can clear a wave with her ult while setting up damage buff for raiden so maybe yours can do it too.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

No suck buff on day 2 sadly. That thing gave me like half my points day 1, it is the best. You're right that Ayato is probably wasted with Venti, I could do bennett+ayato, sara+raiden and ayaka+Venti that should probably solve it ty.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I don't like the "many 2-character teams" gimmick, always feels like I'm missing out on something.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I like musou rooms because slightly off-meta characters like Ayato, Itto, Childe, and Beidou get to go to town and show up metagods like yelan and xingqiu. Plus I love assigning the buffs.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Why would you want them to stop, they are close to teleports and easy to do.

Why? Doing the same 2 commissions repeatedly is boring and I want to do something in the fun place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
The 2 character setup is a bit to restrictive to make some of the offered buffs work imo. I had only 1 red buff selected in day 2 that I actually wanted. Kinda hard to make dendro core buffs work with dendro being the bottleneck already and now you can only can have one in the team. And I have no idea what to do with the burning buff either, maybe collei diluc? idk