Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

OhFunny posted:

A California city’s water supply is expected to run out in two months

Fire hydrants out of water in state famous for wildfires.

I’ve heard of axe throwing but this is ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
okay so how much green energy can sustainably be produced on earth? how many 1st world lifestyles is that in numbers of people? and how do I make sure I am among the chosen people?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Torpor posted:

okay so how much green energy can sustainably be produced on earth? how many 1st world lifestyles is that in numbers of people? and how do I make sure I am among the chosen people?

if those people are capitalists, 0. it’s like asking how many prions are too many

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Torpor posted:

If by green energy you mean that your neighbors will be green with envy when they see you in your energetic new ford F150 Extended Ultra Cab Shortbed Pickup Truck then it's truly limitless and you can have one for a low monthly payment of $865

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Climate change is just a series of TikTok videos of parrot disasters and then one day you are the one stuck in the washing machine

Really? I thought it was Tumblr.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

OhFunny posted:

“Hey, you know why mine’s green?” he asked Jones. “I painted it.”

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Torpor posted:

the sun delivers years worth of energy every day the question is how much of the earth will you mine and bulldoze to capture it?

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

an egg posted:

there is a resident in one of my willow nests! (not one of the ones i posted, an older nest).

a huge and intricately marked stink bug!

i'll take it lol

d'aaawwww but also lol

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Real hurthling! posted:

“Hey, you know why mine’s green?” he asked Jones. “I painted it.”

so addicted to the idea that a green short grass lawn is The Best Yard that you paint all the dead plants green instead of adapting to the climate in even the smallest way

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
literally greenwashing lmao

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

OhFunny posted:

quote:

“Nobody has water to sell right now,” he said.

Those who do are not selling it cheap.

“I cringe when I say this,” Brewer told the City Council on Aug. 4, as he reported that water that normally cost the city $190 per acre-foot was being sold on the open market for as much as $2,500 per acre-foot. The city might need up to $2.5 million to buy enough water to last the year, he said. The city’s entire budget is $10 million.

“We just don’t have $2.5 million to buy water,” City Council member Adam Adkisson said in an interview, calling the water prices “criminal.”

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Stereotype posted:

so addicted to the idea that a green short grass lawn is The Best Yard that you paint all the dead plants green instead of adapting to the climate in even the smallest way

Freedom loving Americans, simply not satisfied with 3 branches of government (which they all hate and believe are fundamentally corrupt), have in their usual decadence made a 4th, the HOA.

So now someone can come around with a ruler and fine you if the grass got too long, or if the grass died due to natural causes or due to a (good) policy from the 3 real branches.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stereotype posted:

literally greenwashing lmao

:psypop:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

the thing that jack skellington was really looking for was jesus christ

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i am painting large pictures of glaciers on the huge concrete parking lot that used to be a forest to help cool the planet

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder when the covert sulfur injections will begin. they probably won’t make it public for a while, until one country gets pissed that another one’s loving up their rain

comedy answer: it’s already begun :shepface:

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret

Fly Molo posted:

I wonder when the covert sulfur injections will begin. they probably won’t make it public for a while, until one country gets pissed that another one’s loving up their rain

comedy answer: it’s already begun :shepface:

Idgi; what would sulphur injections do?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

The Lemondrop Dandy posted:

cringe repellant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratospheric_aerosol_injection

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Lemondrop Dandy posted:

cools the earth a few degrees and only costs a few billion per year. cheap enough for even small nations or individual billionaires to finance :nsa:

downsides: unknown (probably bad effects on rain patterns), if you ever stop doing it the earths temperature rockets back up very quickly

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Remember when Kamala Harris proudly announced water was a commodity, last year? All but guaranteeing it will not be treated as a right or public utility moving forward? Lol

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1579658083986714625?s=46&t=mi2BWgJ8a2PC6TmLa6HwMA

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
How big of a flywheel would you need before it starts to turn separately from the Earth all on its own

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

maxwellhill posted:

How big of a flywheel would you need before it starts to turn separately from the Earth all on its own

no idea op

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

maxwellhill posted:

very big and i think it'd have to deform to actually start spinning

if the goal is to slow the earth down, just install tidal generators

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

maxwellhill posted:

not sure op. but whenever it fails, it’ll create one hell of a mess

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Cup Runneth Over posted:

But to me, the salient message of both threads is "lol, why the gently caress did you have kids you moron"

lol sure, if everyone was going to suddenly be responsible about climate change. birthing and raising a pack of child soldiers is now the best strat for easily finding meaning and marginally increasing your chances of winning the survival lottery

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Fly Molo posted:

not sure op. but whenever it fails, it’ll create one hell of a mess

Are... are we Earth's flywheel?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Microplastics posted:

sure, why not. :gibs:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Microplastics posted:

not quite, OP!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tungsten posted:

lol sure, if everyone was going to suddenly be responsible about climate change. birthing and raising a pack of child soldiers is now the best strat for easily finding meaning and marginally increasing your chances of winning the survival lottery

Who cares about their own survival? Having kids sucks because you gave them a life you knew would be ruined

Like if you think there's no hope for you in your twenties or thirties then what is there for someone being born past twenty loving twenty

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Who cares about their own survival? Having kids sucks because you gave them a life you knew would be ruined

Like if you think there's no hope for you in your twenties or thirties then what is there for someone being born past twenty loving twenty

i am speaking from a purely selfish standpoint here. giving your life meaning by having kids and failing to raise them properly is a popular, tried-and-true choice that will fill your remaining decades with engaging content

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
You can make your child an unwitting YouTube celebrity for big bucks huge money baby get rich now now now

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

if you're giving them the life of a child solider then it wont be ruined. just dont raise your kids with false expectations, problem solved

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

"oh I'm just going to go out and have a kid, but I don't want them to be a child soldier because then they would be playing with kickass guns and grenades all day while I have to go to work at the box factory" <----- A loser, a madman, a loving dork

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Trabisnikof posted:

if you're giving them the life of a child solider then it wont be ruined. just dont raise your kids with false expectations, problem solved

Big Boss did nothing wrong

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I got fired from my job as a pool cleaner because I was too shy to talk to female customers and my loving deadbeat 9 year old won't pay his share of the rent even though he's had a better job than me for the past year. What's even the point of him being a child soldier if he's just going to use the money to buy fortnite skins? The gently caress does he even play fortnite for, I don't play pool cleaning simulator like loving hell I don't understand generation Ω

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
They don't call it Soldier to fortune for nothing.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Out on the apocalypse having the time of my life with a bunch of children. They're all just out of frame, smiling too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

lmao, of course this is a real product category

Only registered members can see post attachments!