Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Well poo poo, I had no idea about all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

The current stadium is a shithole and the fans want a new one, but the team is bungling any moves towards a new one. They bought land in Virginia for it, but the community there doesn't want them and lawmakers don't want to work with Snyder so right now there's no plans in place to replace the stadium currently famous for dousing fans in raw sewage.
Umm, wow, that's something different :stonk:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Germansimp posted:

Umm, wow, that's something different :stonk:

My apologies to the Washington Commanders it was later claimed to be a rain water storage pipe that burst which makes more sense looking back on the video but it's still gross and people thought it was sewage.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dousing fans in raw sewage? you sure it wasn’t a Rampage taping?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

dousing fans in raw sewage? you sure it wasn’t a Rampage taping?

if it was raw it would be on mondays

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Fedex field is the worst stadium in the NFL and it's way more broken down than a stadium built in the 90's should be

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Both Dave and Bryan not getting why the Washington crowd boo'ed Max Castor when he mentioned the Commanders was peak them not getting modern sports cause if you follow even a little bit of the NFL it's very easy to see why local fans would hate the team

I was very confused about the booing. But I don’t follow the nfl at all

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

As someone who actually lives in DC: It's not quite as cut and dry as "fans hate Dan Snyder and the stadium is a dump." These are true, but not why locals would boo a mention of them. It's more that the DC area has a large number of transplants from other areas who might adopt local teams if they're good, but given the Commanders have been bad at least as long as the 15 years I've been here, they're not one people really care for (Caps and Nats are much more popular among transplants). Simply put: most people aren't Commanders fans, and I'd also argue that AEW's demographics don't really overlap very much with native Washingtonians who actually do like the Commanders.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol i think it was 100.3 that had some meathead from the commanders on today bragging about how many concussions he's had

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
Mark CANTERBURY

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Did you see Dark Side by the way?

I did not.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
It's starting to feel like Bryan has entered the bargaining stage regarding this Fiend comeback.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i wonder what this week's watch this is

*checks email*

the disciple versus horace hogan in a ten minute classic?

OH MY

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Damnit I gotta get back on that patreon

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

OH MY???!?????

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1578624917062287360

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

King

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
If I remember correctly, Bret went to Dave with the story despite purposefully having had no relations with the dirtsheets prior to then as he trusted Meltz to be unbiased.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Linder Ellerbee

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
...is the Bret-Shawn hair pulling fight even referenced once in Wrestling With Shadows?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Podcasters

https://twitter.com/R3Jonah/status/1579141701545111553

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://spotifyanchor-web.app.link/e/yqC2Y9WT0tb
We are back to discuss the effects of "worked shoots" in wrestling can have on burning out the fans, how it relates to conflict in leftist spaces where new members get alienated by what is real and what isn't; the effects of social media and how it may be that being "Not WWE" is not enough for AEW to have a healthy backstage. We also talk about our "Elite/Delete" of what we watched in wrestling the last couple of weeks and more!

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
“This is my first Halloween as a homeowner”
“Oh poo poo, Puls3. That means you get to be the ‘treat’ house for children this year “
“I got so much fuckin’ fentanyl to give to these kids, bro”

Deadlock is up, by the way

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
The UAWF Convention stuff here is particularly great.
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1579320822174449664

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1579560050968113152

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Step aside, Winged eagle! I've got a new favorite belt.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
What podcasts can I listen to (or vodcasts I can watch) are about modern wrestling (I only watch AEW at the moment but decent coverage of other stuff might get me interested,) deal with the business side as well, and don't charge me money, especially when the money being charged is more than what FITE charges to actually watch wrestling.

I looked through the op and some charge money, some are about older wrestling, some are interviews, and some are mainly about WWE.

Something where I can engage in the age old online behaviour of guffawing along with or at their opinions (as opposed to being comedy) would be nice too.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

1glitch0 posted:

Did you see Dark Side by the way?

I did not.

It was really good. Did you watch any of it?

I didn't see any of it.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Mrenda posted:

What podcasts can I listen to (or vodcasts I can watch) are about modern wrestling (I only watch AEW at the moment but decent coverage of other stuff might get me interested,) deal with the business side as well, and don't charge me money, especially when the money being charged is more than what FITE charges to actually watch wrestling.

I’m sorry about the op.

Wrestlenomics is a good place for the business side of wrestling

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

I’m sorry about the op.

Wrestlenomics is a good place for the business side of wrestling

Nah, there's plenty of good stuff there, I'm just being picky while I figure out what I like.

Something focusing on AEW-ish would be cool as well.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Mrenda posted:

I looked through the op and some charge money, some are about older wrestling, some are interviews, and some are mainly about WWE.

Something where I can engage in the age old online behaviour of guffawing along with or at their opinions (as opposed to being comedy) would be nice too.

Voices of Wrestling Flagship maybe? They do have a Patreon but the main weekly show is free.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Mrenda posted:

Post Wrestling

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. I'll check them out.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Hey! You’re the Chocolate rear end-Fucker!!

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

About ~20 mins of Helwani talk on WOR today if you wanna just slam that skip button.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwbuQWZbr_g

Dave on Ariel.

duckdealer posted:

Voices of Wrestling Flagship maybe? They do have a Patreon but the main weekly show is free.

The thing about VoW is they will talk about important AEW news on the flagship and I do think they are the best at covering modern wrestling and the business side of things with the exception of maybe Brandon Thurston, but a LOT of their AEW content is paywalled. The weekly Dynamite reviews and all of the PPV reviews are locked behind the 5 and 10 dollar tiers respectively.

The other thing though is, they cover a lot of wrestling that I don't even watch on the Flagship, and the way they do it is so engaging and entertaining that I usually just listen to the whole podcast anyway. So I would still recommend giving it a try.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

On the Ariel subject, I wonder if he was pissed that MJF was out of "bury the company" mode for his second interview (because MJF had clearly gotten the extension and the payday at that point) and decided he needed to try and get a shot in another way.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
That Ariel guy came off as a moron and I felt like TK really smoothed over a lot of stuff that'd have annoyed me. He opened with something along the lines of, "I thought you hated me,"/"Do you hate me?" The dude is on your show, get over yourself.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mrenda posted:

That Ariel guy came off as a moron and I felt like TK really smoothed over a lot of stuff that'd have annoyed me. He opened with something along the lines of, "I thought you hated me,"/"Do you hate me?" The dude is on your show, get over yourself.

That’s why I think he’s about to start getting paid exclusively by wwe. Why as an interviewer would you make it so that the head of a company doesn’t want to go back on your show and probably make it so talent from that company doesn’t go back on it either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
I think Ariel wanted a scrum-level meltdown from Tony and is annoyed he didn't get it.