Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Btw for cynowners. Nahida's E has a 25 second duration now and her Q lasts 20.8 seconds now at level 9 with one hydro in party. So going nahida E -> Q can actually stay up for Cyno's long-rear end burst. If Xingqiu works with quickbloom (big if, and it might be a case where C5 > C6) cyno will have an amazing comp.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

(20) Candace C0

Okay that was easy.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
This is my day 2 team that got 6.1k and could go a bit higher if I put in some effort. Day 1 I got 7k with slightly different teams.

Edit: Here's my roster to pick from:

Tanreall fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 11, 2022

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

They give you access to 6 non-guaranteed characters for the event, and you get 7(8?) guaranteed characters in your roster just by playing the game. That's 13(14?) total characters for someone who's only ever pulled on the newbie banner and started playing after the last "get a 4* free" event.

6 teams of 2 characters is just under that number, which is likely why they went with that instead of larger teams. Sure they could drop it down to 4x teams of 3 instead, but then you lose the opportunity to make people experience field time with less common characters they might find out they enjoy after all.

So I see why they did it this way, even though I'd prefer teams of 3 and slightly slower swapping.

My main problem is that despite having most characters available, the only decent artifacts are on my main 3 groups and the current friendship grind group, so later teams on the event list are rather weak/ineffective.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

They've gotta let us edit artifact set-ups either on those menus or in the event in the future

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Sanctum posted:

I'm still not clear what role Cyno is supposed to fill. Dendro reactions with electro want either all-in on EM for hyperbloom or you want ATK/crit/electro dmg for aggravate. In theory I'll want like EM Shinobu for hyperbloom teams and then electro-DPS Keqing for aggravate teams. Is Cyno's thing that he fills both these roles at once?

Cyno's role is to be Itto for people that like colorful numbers. What you're missing is that normal electro-dendro reaction, ALSO want EM. Teams with dendro also tend to have a lot of EM boosts floating around by design. So hyperblooms also do decent damage without having to specifically build for them. It's like:

Cyno aggravate : Hu Tao vaporize :: Cyno hyperaggro : Hu Tao overvape

Aggravate/vaporize are the main source of damage amp, hyperbloom/overload are bonus damage that you can trigger without messing up the main reaction (usually).

As for the reason why you would use him over your current characters... just because you want to :shrug:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm sure like 90% of the population that rolled for him is because of outside factors like being one of the first ever revealed characters, Collei's savior in the manga, or his VA.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Wait do people call it quickbloom over hyperaggro? :geno:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I pulled him on 74 pity because I didnt know they moved the start of pity from 75 to 74

Then I pulled his C1 and C2 because I'm very smart

I will say he feels completely different to razor and his gameplay feel is closer to childe than anyone else in terms of how well he sticks on enemies and good NA feel, cyno+beidou+xingqiu feels like a fireworks childe that is actually kind of a reasonable comp and not the worst comp to ever receive a name. His quickbloom teams will also be better than people give them credit for and are very easy to play but beidou will always spreadsheet poorly so everyone will call him bad forever.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 11, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
His deep voice on short dude model does tempt me to pull

Also, I think he's the first playable character without an elevated heel of some type. Unless Aloy isn't wearing a wedge, which I have a sneaking suspicion she is.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The point of Cyno is that he's fun and looks cool.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Having a cool hat is the only reason you need to pull for a character imo

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

shortest male on the roster. shorter than xiao. how is that not an instant pull.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Having a cool hat is the only reason you need to pull for a character imo
I've wanted a stargate guard hat since I saw the movie in theaters as a child and that means Cyno pulls, simple as that.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Oh god damnit I have all the 4* at C6 already on Nilou

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

I pulled him on 74 pity because I didnt know they moved the start of pity from 75 to 74

Man I keep hearing that the soft pity moved but it's been 74 for as long as I remember? :confused:

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

No Wave posted:

I don't know what you mean by this. If you look at https://paimon.moe/ it seems like it's always been 74.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

75 was the number people used in the pre-paimon.moe days. It may have been just wrong btw (this was the best thing we had in month 1 and month 2: https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/japcnz/whale_watching_logs/ ). I'd also never pulled a 5 star at 74 across two dozen 5* pulls so I never thought to double check it.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 11, 2022

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

No Wave posted:

75 was the number people used in the pre-paimon.moe days. It may have been just wrong btw (this was the best thing we had in month 1 and month 2: https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/japcnz/whale_watching_logs/ ). I'd also never pulled a 5 star at 74 across two dozen 5* pulls so I never thought to double check it.

Yeah almost all of my 5 stars are all either at like 30-50 or like 80+ banging up against the hard pity cap.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yelan needs a skin where shes actually wearing the jacket, instead of it just hovering on her back at all times

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah almost all of my 5 stars are all either at like 30-50 or like 80+ banging up against the hard pity cap.
Oh I hit 75 and 76 a lot. Again, on me for not verifying that 74 wasnt pity (though I've enjoyed cyno, my kind of character because team building is super interesting but gameplay is turn off brain). I still have plenty for nahida scara so it's fine.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

No Wave posted:

Yeah that was just wrong cus people didn't have the full statistics.
I think the genshin-wishes peeps were the first to get the exact formula:
https://www.hoyolab.com/article/497840

Basically, it is exactly 0.6% chance on the first 73 pulls, then on 74 it jumps to 6.6% and it goes up by another 6% each time until you hit 100%.

Weapon banner works the same way but 0.7% and it jumps up 7% per pull after soft pity.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Oct 11, 2022

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tanreall posted:

I don't know what you mean by this. If you look at https://paimon.moe/ it seems like it's always been 74.
Haha, that's a nice joke. The soft pity is clearly 82+ pulls.

:smithicide:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Got a really early Venti after an early lost 50/50 in about 50 pulls overall but it kind of screws up my chances of getting Nilou and subsequently Nahida. Oh well I have every available Archon so far now and he should be good for crowd control though I already have Kazuha as well.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Any reward for getting more than 4k on each event floor? I'm not bothering to read and assign those stupid special powers, especially if they change every day.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nope.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I am glad that the event doesn't reward caring about it more than the bare minimum. People can fun with it if they want to, but there's no pressure.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Clarste posted:

I am glad that the event doesn't reward caring about it more than the bare minimum. People can fun with it if they want to, but there's no pressure.

It's a neat idea but my roster is still incredibly shallow and I don't think they could've made all the menu work necessary less fun if they tried to make it awful.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
There's just... alot. I guess it's good for the number crunchers and the people who want to lay out optimized combos. I hate the whole "and you just change characters now, or they will suck"

Some kind of iron man wher the enemies just keep going up in level would be pretty cool.

Or bringing back the labyrinth. that was fun as all get out. Hell, even jsut respawning the non-resin domains for new rewards would be very cool.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I went deep on four characters these past two and a half months, not wide, and even though I'm training up hyperbloomers this month this event is still a pain for me.

Crack a thousand and call it a day. And be thankful I'm still saving the last ascension quest for after next month's archon boss fights.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if they want people to invest in more characters to play events they should make doing so more fun, or at least a lot faster

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Eimi posted:

It's a neat idea but my roster is still incredibly shallow and I don't think they could've made all the menu work necessary less fun if they tried to make it awful.

Same, I'm just getting my 1000-1600 and calling it good unless I somehow have extra time to revisit. My roster isn't bad but I've only been playing since April and there's just not enough resin to go around with 36 characters or whatever.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Manatee Cannon posted:

if they want people to invest in more characters to play events they should make doing so more fun, or at least a lot faster

I think I would prefer if they made raising characters faster. I don't really care how 'fun' you make a boss, if I have to fight them 10,000 times to strengthen my roster I'm gonna end up hating them all the same.

Seriously, it's insane how bad the drop rate for character materials are even at WL8, especially the gems. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've gotten the purple-rarity chunks to drop, and I've never seen a full gemstone drop.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Don't they give you like 6 pre-leveled dudes to choose from? So you only need a roster of 6 people leveled at most. Less if you don't plan on actually using any synergies (which some characters can get away with, at least).

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah I have been doing fine just doing enough to get a bronze. It's not that I don't have people, it's just that most of them are supports.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Wow, today's arena decided to take out all the fun abilities and leave only boring stat buffs? Not sure what they were thinking.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

serefin99 posted:

I think I would prefer if they made raising characters faster. I don't really care how 'fun' you make a boss, if I have to fight them 10,000 times to strengthen my roster I'm gonna end up hating them all the same.

Seriously, it's insane how bad the drop rate for character materials are even at WL8, especially the gems. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've gotten the purple-rarity chunks to drop, and I've never seen a full gemstone drop.

the real barrier is artifacts and it gets real tedious running the emblem domain for the 70000th time. even leveling someone up to 90 and upgrading their talents is a fraction of the artifact grind

tho I agree that leveling characters should be faster too. like the resource cost to hit 80 should be what the game asks you to reach 90. and it should still backload the cost so you level up to 70 way faster than you would now

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Goons of the Genshin thread, grant unto me your wisdom: I've been saving for Nahida because I'm collecting Archons, but I'm tempted by Albedo. I've been playing long enough that I have enough carries, but I hear he's pretty powerful burst support.

I'm 60 odd rolls into a fresh 50/50 with about 4k primos saved up. Should I go for it?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
He's more of a consistent off-field damage dealer than burst support. I wouldn't say he's essential, but he has a very unique niche that makes him almost never useless on a team, with the opportunity cost of not bringing another element being the biggest downside. Gearing-wise, he does need a weapon that can no longer be obtained in order to reach his peak potential (Cinnabar Spindle).

If you like Geo teams, I'd say go for it, as he's a top tier Geo user. But it is kind of a polarizing element.

Speaking of Nahida, I have a feeling she and Albedo will work surprisingly well together. Good thing I already have him built to support Dendro!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Speaking of Nahida, I have a feeling she and Albedo will work surprisingly well together. Good thing I already have him built to support Dendro!

Please tell me your wisdom, I would like to try a dendro support albedo