Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

I thought hasparat was a spicy burrito wrap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I thought hasparat was when you sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

One dude talks about how you need a really good strong brine, so I'm assuming it's a humus type wrap with some absolutely mental pickles in.

God I want some pickles now.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It sounds like the food version of Calvinball.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Isn't that just the dilithium hauler ship from Star Trek Armada?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Okay, very funny Utopia Planetia. We're all impressed, now fess up;

Who designed the penis ship?

Come on now, we're all adults here. Just admit to it. We already built the drat things, it's not like we can get rid of them now. You're not clever just because you got a Vulcan command officer to sign off on the design who had no knowledge of human anatomy and pubescent humour.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

ashpanash posted:

I'll give you that. Plus, James Callis was the only actor I remember from Picard S2 who actually elevated the material with their performance. The few times he was on-screen, it was actually interesting. (I suppose the borg queen did that a bit at first too, but with diminishing returns.) You'd think Patrick Stewart and John DeLancie would be capable of this as well, but alas

Eh, DeLancy's first scene is basically the last good moment in the season as he successfully sets up a mystery and tension that the show completely drops. In the finale he is working with nothing and still makes his goodbye feel meaningful. You could take those two scenes and stitch them into the front and back of All Good Things and it wouldn't improve the TNG finale but they wouldn't feel out of place there.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

New episode talk, holy poo poo, that assinate Kennedy/time travel joke is a deeeeeep cut into rl Trek lore. Like, Spock helmet deep.

Edit: :lol: at the JJtrek shade.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I am once again demanding that McMahan step forward and reveal himself in this thread.

We know you’re here, coward! :argh:

and we love you

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Great fakeout on the potential Kirk cameo, too. Another great episode.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"The horse is going to bite you now" :hmmyes:

Great episode, love Knick Knack!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Every time it swerved into a different Trek film parody, my God.

Also that was a good final question.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rutherford wowing over the lovely 80s computer graphics :allears:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

This episode has a fun easter egg for fans of a different sci-fi franchise: The crew has to head to Tatasciore IX, "a favorite of shady weapons dealers." Fred Tatasciore (Shaxx) also plays Xur, a shady arms dealer that sells exotic gear and is a representative of a faction called The Nine from Destiny.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

LOWER DECKS

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

hiddenriverninja posted:

This episode has a fun easter egg for fans of a different sci-fi franchise: The crew has to head to Tatasciore IX, "a favorite of shady weapons dealers." Fred Tatasciore (Shaxx) also plays Xur, a shady arms dealer that sells exotic gear and is a representative of a faction called The Nine from Destiny.

poo poo. When Boimler asked him about being dead, Shaxx should have just said "I have a clear purpose. I cannot explain it. Forgive me."

looks like it's gonna be Bold Boimler vs Bad Boimler

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

"Holodeck might be fake but dehydration is real" words to live by.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Stevens leaned on the warp core, I need this bed immediately!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Gonz posted:

Stevens leaned on the warp core, I need this bed immediately!

Second time today!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I am once again demanding that McMahan step forward and reveal himself in this thread.

We know you’re here, coward! :argh:

and we love you

McMahan is a goon. I'm not outing him, though.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Aaaaand we’re back to form! Last week felt (I mean, subjectively, to me) like a LD take on a weird rejected Rick and Morty script, but I had absolutely zero doubt that we’d be treated to something amazing this week, and everything about this was great.

With amazing setups

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Yes, yes, I absolutely need this show to dunk heavily on Section 31

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Timby posted:

He’s CliffyB

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I love you! I'm IN LOVE WITH YOU

i'm in love with you too knickknack

some kinda jackal posted:

Aaaaand we’re back to form! Last week felt (I mean, subjectively, to me) like a LD take on a weird rejected Rick and Morty script, but I had absolutely zero doubt that we’d be treated to something amazing this week, and everything about this was great.

With amazing setups

Favorite episode of the season. And we even got some sweet character development for Tendi!

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
From now on my only response when people ask me about Discovery and Picard will be "It's garbage, but it's starfleet garbage."

Spanish Matlock fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 14, 2022

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

It's interesting that Rutherford and Tendi represent the dichotomy of blockbuster movies. Tendi is super into everything happening and getting emotionally invested and Rutherford is treating it like a roller coaster. At first I had thought the whole deal with sim-T'ana dying was a commentary on the trend in these types of movies to constantly undercut tension and otherwise unfun scenes with quips and terrible jokes, but then again Tendi just watched her mentor sacrifice herself.

I suppose it can go either way and I was expecting her to say something like "what if it was YOUR mentor sacrificing himself to save YOU" but the reveal about her career aspirations was awesome too

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Timby posted:

Wow. Double nerd.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Timby posted:

McMahan lurking in all four main Trek threads: :hmmyes:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol at the Romulan triplets rocking that impractical Duras sister cleavage

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

HD DAD posted:

There’s four?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Classic, Modern, and their mirror universe versions (GBS)

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

I thought y'all were exaggerating, but no - practically bleeding out here from all these deep cuts. Captain Sulu - even better! :lol:

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
That was a really good episode, both stories are hilarious in their own way. Also bringing back Captain Sulu is a nice touch too.

With both recent episodes ending on a hook and only two episodes left, I don't think we'll get full payout for evil computer partner-up at Daystrom and William Boimler Section 31 this season. Lower Decks definitely has a season 4 scheduled right?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Aces High posted:

It's interesting that Rutherford and Tendi represent the dichotomy of blockbuster movies. Tendi is super into everything happening and getting emotionally invested and Rutherford is treating it like a roller coaster. At first I had thought the whole deal with sim-T'ana dying was a commentary on the trend in these types of movies to constantly undercut tension and otherwise unfun scenes with quips and terrible jokes, but then again Tendi just watched her mentor sacrifice herself.

I suppose it can go either way and I was expecting her to say something like "what if it was YOUR mentor sacrificing himself to save YOU" but the reveal about her career aspirations was awesome too

Not to mention that Rutherford’s mentor did sacrifice his life to save him and the rest of the crew.

You know, at first I didn’t like the koala gag. I thought it was just some random monkey cheese humor. But they committed to the gag and I love it whenever it comes up. Like the Black Mountain.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

OGS-Remix posted:

That was a really good episode, both stories are hilarious in their own way. Also bringing back Captain Sulu is a nice touch too.

With both recent episodes ending on a hook and only two episodes left, I don't think we'll get full payout for evil computer partner-up at Daystrom and William Boimler Section 31 this season. Lower Decks definitely has a season 4 scheduled right?

They'd better - I still want my evil AI team-up, Boimler 31, and I think Mike mentioned that the crew didn't know how popular T'Lyn would be, so there's that too. NGL, I'm looking forward to her becoming part of the cast, or at least a recurring character- as cool as the main 4 are, I think they do need a straight man to play off now that we have Bold Boimler.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What's gonna be the boimler equivalent to the Tom Riker Sideburns Maneuver

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

HD DAD posted:

There are four threads?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

hiddenriverninja posted:

There are four threads?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3860682&userid=0&perpage=40&highlight=star,trek,online&pagenumber=1

No. There are five threads.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

XboxPants posted:

There are five threads.

THERE ARE FOUR THREADS