Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Going to make a strange prediction but I sorta doubt the gym leader will be the only reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

oddium posted:

thread title is magmar erasure

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Its Japanese name is literally "Boober"

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Going to make a strange prediction but I sorta doubt the gym leader will be the only reveal.

Extremely wild. Bold of you to make such a farfetched prediction.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Extremely wild. Bold of you to make such a sirfetch'd prediction.

Maybe they'll remember Penny exists, because she's been MIA since her debut

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm gonna reveal my gym shorts that havenmt been washed all semester

e: uniforms rock!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

What

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Bleck posted:

Who is the skeevy conniving little marketing rat out there convincing TPC that what the people want is to be shown more of the human characters from the new Pokemon game.

I like the wrinkly depressed grass guy

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gjsAA_5Agk

This was easily the best video I watched all year.

quote:

This repository contains a list of inputs that theoretically will beat >99% of all Pokémon Firered games. There is no RNG manipulation involved, and there are no frame-perfect inputs required. The sequence of inputs is static, it does not require any information from the game. The intention of this list is to enable beating the game with no visuals/audio, or "blind and deaf".

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Bleck posted:

Who is the skeevy conniving little marketing rat out there convincing TPC that what the people want is to be shown more of the human characters from the new Pokemon game.

They made a gacha game that's all about collecting trainers and doing not that much with them. Also all of your (popular) favourites get seasonal costumes!

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Pokemon NPCs have been cool since the RBY Gym Leaders.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

archduke.iago posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gjsAA_5Agk

This was easily the best video I watched all year.

this is madness.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Crosspeice posted:

They made a gacha game that's all about collecting trainers and doing not that much with them. Also all of your (popular) favourites get seasonal costumes!

Gacha enjoyers will play any garbage.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Crosspeice posted:

How many trainers are there to collect? Hopefully not as many as there are Pokemon.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mraagvpeine posted:

How many trainers are there to collect? Hopefully not as many as there are Pokemon.

a lot plus variants

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Mraagvpeine posted:

156 or so, with about 30 unreleased (mostly team admins)

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
If I can unlock outfits upon reaching Champion status I think it would be an acceptable tradeoff for bland clothing customization at the outset.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That would actually be a pretty good idea story wise. You finish the challenges or whatever the 3 main things are, and then you're free to just do whatever. So you don't need the uniform anymore.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it'd be nice but i wouldn't get your hopes up. best to just be happy with the selfie camera and decent face options

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

On the bright side, less outfits to model means more time for more hairstyles

Maybe they'll finally let girls have a proper ponytail

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Rudoku posted:

It's so they can make Leon come out of loving nowhere and try to do a Cynthia.

acceptable, so long as he is revealed to be there accidentally while trying to get to Kalos or w/e

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I think the stream's already over lmao

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Someone get this child to a dentist.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I loving hate her lip-teeth.
However the idea is very cute.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

She's such a horrible little gremlin, it's great.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Trailer sucked

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Countblanc posted:

it'd be nice but i wouldn't get your hopes up. best to just be happy with the selfie camera and decent face options

I already forgot all about the face options. But I'm honestly happier with those compared to 8 colors of 6 outfits.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1580183552225775616

Kikas posted:

I loving hate her lip-teeth.
However the idea is very cute.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Is she describing an existing Pokémon or a new one? Sounds like a new one.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

New one. Leaks already called it but you can probably guess the type of animal it's based on from the hints

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Definitely sounds like the Pokemon is based on some kind of invertebrate. The bit about eyes is making me think slug/snail, but expanding and contracting seems more like a jellyfish or something.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1580184836589113347?s=20&t=yFEf3gwK7ugApnd3a41M4A

Well gently caress, I need to go into a Gamestop now. Didn't the European distribution give all 3 at once though?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

That’s a gremlin

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1580188674297196544

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It's a frog_________

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wow, that was a waste of time. Game Freak one-upping themselves on showing loving nothing here. What an insufferable character too, for once I'm glad these games don't have any kind of voice acting.

RatHat posted:

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1580184836589113347?s=20&t=yFEf3gwK7ugApnd3a41M4A

Well gently caress, I need to go into a Gamestop now. Didn't the European distribution give all 3 at once though?

If someone gets codes or makes a bot like the one for shiny Eternatus that'd be great for those of us who don't live in the first world.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RatHat posted:

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1580192961446354944?s=20&t=3tTk3cyjeexpbENAik5erw

Guess I'm not getting Marshadow

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Definitely sounds like the Pokemon is based on some kind of invertebrate. The bit about eyes is making me think slug/snail, but expanding and contracting seems more like a jellyfish or something.

Best guess is Paldean Goomy by the description alone.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

why didn’t they make her speak Spanish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I really hope the Iona persona we see is just a virtual model or hologram and we get to see she's just a depressed shut-in behind the scenes, that'd be a lot more interesting