Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

Groovelord Neato posted:

It would've been better if she was a normal guest rather than it being an interview.

yea she's cool and her story is a good one but it's just super not 'separate bespoke interview segment' good it's more 'guest who they use as a springboard to the bigger issue of israel/media in america' good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Gripweed posted:

Oh what a surprise, a Chapo fan can’t stand hearing a woman talk about her day.

brother if i wnated to hear a woman speak id talk to my BITCH wife

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

I'm pretty sure she's going after minute and specific details so that she doesn't get sued lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

felix already did the best interview ever, no need for him to debase himself like a whore

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Will honestly hosed up by giving everyone an equal share. He should’ve made Matt and Felix (and amber and V——-l T—-s) employees like Nick did with Stav and Adam. That way he could wage discipline them into participating in more interviews.

Honestly if the Halper interview could’ve just been punctuated more by Felix “this poo poo makes me sick to my stomach and I want to kill myself” and Matt earnestly & apoplecticly “but don’t they realize the aliens are going to conquer us all anyway! They shouldn’t be celebrating right now they should be rending their garments and killing and eating each other!!!” I think would be an improvement. They should have to talk.

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

SMERSH Mouth posted:

Will honestly hosed up by giving everyone an equal share. He should’ve made Matt and Felix (and amber and V——-l T—-s) employees like Nick did with Stav and Adam. That way he could wage discipline them into participating in more interviews.

Honestly if the Halper interview could’ve just been punctuated more by Felix “this poo poo makes me sick to my stomach and I want to kill myself” and Matt earnestly & apoplecticly “but don’t they realize the aliens are going to conquer us all anyway! They shouldn’t be celebrating right now they should be rending their garments and killing and eating each other!!!” I think would be an improvement. They should have to talk.

yea

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

will floated the idea of getting paid per word and that's why felix got into knausgard

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

hes a good boy and he means well

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

i say swears online posted:

katie halper was on the girl episode of cum town right

i liked her on that

She was, I thought it was very funny that Katie Halper was on cum town

selec
Sep 6, 2003

SMERSH Mouth posted:

When my buddies come over to help move furniture I don’t police how much they lift and dole out beers based on that. It’s as much about the vibe as who wants to lift which end of a couch.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Enjoyed the nice podcast about the well known rapper Yi.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

0 Chapos have heard "How 'Ye doing? I'm surviving" lol

Felix is stealing hiphophead valour.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Breadallelogram posted:

She was, I thought it was very funny that Katie Halper was on cum town

She’s also Will’s second cousin or something, they mentioned it when Will was on their podcast with Matt Taibbi for Rolling Stone (sorry if I missed a post where someone mentioned this already)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The boys are crazy for this one. Kanye already ran for president, it was a joke.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

PostNouveau posted:

The boys are crazy for this one. Trump already ran for president, it was a joke.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

I'm going to chalk it up to them not actually knowing or interacting with any actual Republicans in real life and just basing everything off some Republican homunculus they constructed in their mind palace out of Twitter interactions and articles, but I think it's insane to think that Kanye could get any sort of Trumpian swell of support on the right wing.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Tbf Trump ran for president in 2000 and was a joke too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_2000_presidential_campaign

I still agree that Matt especially was super wrong about Republicans looking for Kanye to lead the party.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Oct 12, 2022

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't really think Kanye West is going to be president, but I don't think it's off-base to predict more celebrity candidates becoming serious candidates. With Kanye I can't believe that a bunch of old white people are going to line up behind this celebrity whose actual output they'd never consume. West needs to pivot to reality TV, and maybe make some lovely Christian movies. He could bring D'Souza and Nasheed onboard.

Also, as much as some of you just don't want to believe this, the Boomers have to actually die eventually. Even Henry Kissinger is going to die some time this century.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

After the past four years, I can't rule out the wackiest possibilities. Kanye running so that chuds can point to him and say, "We're not racist! Look, we support One Of The Good Ones" is not terribly likely but plausible.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

The boys are crazy for this one. Kanye already ran for president, it was a joke.

lol yeah, just like mcconaughey for president

also i'm like 90% sure when felix went on producer chris' pod to talk about kanye he called him a genius, or at least a musical genius, so it was funny to hear them poo poo on people who said that

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Kanye's too unstable to be Trump. Like he's openly talked about being bipolar and poo poo, and nobody would trust him to stick to a platform even as much as Trump did. Plus obviously a core segment of Trump's support base absolutely does not want a black man to be president again.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Kanye's too unstable to be Trump. Like he's openly talked about being bipolar and poo poo, and nobody would trust him to stick to a platform even as much as Trump did. Plus obviously a core segment of Trump's support base absolutely does not want a black man to be president again.

Like someone said in the episode, Trump's need for validation works in his favor because it means he can be counted on to tell the squealing swine what they want to hear. I don't think Kanye has that instinct to please.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Kanye has mental illness and I feel sorry for him despite his insane wealth and celebrity. Seems like a lonely guy.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i don't think people at his level actually have friends. there's all kinds of under the hood calculations going on, no one is going to have a sit down with him and try to get him to accept help because of the possibility that he will rescind access to what he represents. so he just gets crazier and crazier. and of course as he gets crazier potentially it becomes easier to manipulate and get more stuff out of him. just a tornado of sociopathy.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I think Kanye should pay me 1-2 million smackers and come live with me for a month, I could fix him.

I also tried to figure out who his running mate would be and I settled on the idea that Kamala Harris would be the funniest answer, so it’s probably her. I wonder what she’s up to?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

uber_stoat posted:

i don't think people at his level actually have friends. there's all kinds of under the hood calculations going on, no one is going to have a sit down with him and try to get him to accept help because of the possibility that he will rescind access to what he represents. so he just gets crazier and crazier. and of course as he gets crazier potentially it becomes easier to manipulate and get more stuff out of him. just a tornado of sociopathy.
Pretty much….once his wife left I assume it’s now just the parasites hanging around to see how much money they can get out of him before things get bad

He just seems increasingly paranoid and not well so I don’t see this going to a good place

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Genuine question: not even a black guy who wears a White Lives Matter shirt, someone they can obnoxiously hold up as proof that they're not racist? I feel like the people we're talking about would mostly be glad to vote for David Clarke.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

Genuine question: not even a black guy who wears a White Lives Matter shirt, someone they can obnoxiously hold up as proof that they're not racist? I feel like the people we're talking about would mostly be glad to vote for David Clarke.

Kanye's kind of all over the place on race though. Like yeah he says some things Republicans like, and then some things Republicans find amusing because it trolls Democrats, but I don't think they're going to line up behind a guy talking about Black Israelite stuff, and some of them are going to be old enough to remember and be annoyed by him saying George Bush doesn't care about black people.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
New Felix Fixations are what keeps the podcast fresh.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Kanye's kind of all over the place on race though. Like yeah he says some things Republicans like, and then some things Republicans find amusing because it trolls Democrats, but I don't think they're going to line up behind a guy talking about Black Israelite stuff, and some of them are going to be old enough to remember and be annoyed by him saying George Bush doesn't care about black people.

Dude, Trump donated to de Dems and had pro choice quotes, not to mention gloating that his buildings were now tallest in the city DURING 9/11. And then shat on a a tortured war prisoner, supposedly a conservative holy cow.

Stop thinking they have any principles. If it's a likely winner and promises to hurt the libs/groomers/mudfolk, they will cheer for anyone.

Kanye's Bush quote would just be fodder for his redemption arc. "Here, look how far I have come, now I see the light!" Or maybe not even that is needed. Just go "yeah, Bush was RINO lib, loved wars and dhit, fought outside the country when the real enemy was within!"

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Trump talked poo poo on W and Cheney and McCain too and the hogs loved him for it.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Sephyr posted:

Kanye's Bush quote would just be fodder for his redemption arc. "Here, look how far I have come, now I see the light!" Or maybe not even that is needed. Just go "yeah, Bush was RINO lib, loved wars and dhit, fought outside the country when the real enemy was within!"

True, but I have my doubts that Kanye would be smart or savvy enough to pull that off. It's not so much that he's not smart as he's so mentally unwell that I don't know what goes on in his head.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Sephyr posted:

Stop thinking they have any principles. If it's a likely winner and promises to hurt the libs/groomers/mudfolk, they will cheer for anyone.

It's not about principles, it's that nominating an openly seriously mentally ill person who they absolutely could not and should not trust to implement their programs doesn't even make sense, and wouldn't be a likely winner. Like Felix said, it would be an experiment in finding out if you can win an election without any women voters. Trump had a decades long brand built on being an rear end in a top hat that inoculated him from a lot of the bad poo poo he did and made people go oh that's just Trump, but I don't think you can do that when you've openly talked about having serious mental health issues and end up apologizing for your actions later. Republicans think people who apologize are pussies.

And yeah they wouldn't give a poo poo that he poo poo on Bush, but they might be angry that he made himself the spokesman for black people being abandoned to die.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

Here's the thing, and this might be my bias living in Ohio, as much as they are painting Republicans as mercurial beings will no values, they are actually loving racist. The type of racist that might have voted for an Obama because of the way he presented himself, but would never in a million years vote for a celebrity black rapper.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Here's the thing, and this might be my bias living in Ohio, as much as they are painting Republicans as mercurial beings will no values, they are actually loving racist. The type of racist that might have voted for an Obama because of the way he presented himself, but would never in a million years vote for a celebrity black rapper.

uhhh yeah. there's a million miles of difference between Sheriff David Clarke and Kanye West. it's entirely fanciful and there are near-zero comparisons between west and trump

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's like saying killer mike has a future in republican politics because he's a banker now. mental stability issues aside, racists will vote for black people that talk and sound like allen west, not kanye

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Excited for the epic kanye for president memes that pop up because of the chapos.

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

Sephyr posted:

Dude, Trump donated to de Dems and had pro choice quotes, not to mention gloating that his buildings were now tallest in the city DURING 9/11. And then shat on a a tortured war prisoner, supposedly a conservative holy cow.

Thing is, there’s also a world where Hillary beats Obama in the 2008 primaries, and Trump runs as a Democrat years later, so it really doesn’t matter.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Why are any of you seriously entertaining this idea in any capacity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
In 2028, the president will be a Twitch streamer known only as DaSexualJester