Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

veni veni veni posted:

resident drama queens acting like they have to go take a break on their fainting couch because 2FA is apparently a targeted assault on the poor and not just some flawed attempt at controlling rampant cheating

It's especially "funny" to me because around the same time we learned about Blizzard's gender verification system for tournaments, plus all the other horrible poo poo they've done in the past, but this is the really bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

FireWorksWell posted:

It's especially "funny" to me because around the same time we learned about Blizzard's gender verification system for tournaments, plus all the other horrible poo poo they've done in the past, but this is the really bad thing.

loving up warcraft 3 was the lowest point

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

Final Fantasy 15

Brian Worms
May 29, 2007
I just got a ps5, is there a thread where people talk about them?

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

You're better off in the discord.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

JollyBoyJohn posted:

loving up warcraft 3 was the lowest point

Nah, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blitzchung_controversy

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

i mean i was being kind of tongue in cheek but on a personal level the wc3 thing still stands

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I hope the CoD phone number requirements do exclude poor people. Those players are most likely to have cheap headsets or do not use background noise canceling microphones. Get them out of here.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

But I like hearing broken smoke detectors and loud music that deafens the rest of the game

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Is a Call of Duty game where I will never hear a bratty six-year-old loudly demand chocolate milk from his mum even a real Call of Duty game?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
This would all be fixed if prices for the game were raised.

Or voice chat is only available if you buy the season pass.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

finished Trine 4. now on to something with a little more gameplay and less thinky-bits

Ghostrunner or GOTG?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

FireWorksWell posted:

But I like hearing broken smoke detectors and loud music that deafens the rest of the game

How do people live with broken smoke detectors? If one of mine starts beeping because of the battery I drop whatever I'm doing and change it. I'll even go to the store ASAP if need to buy a new battery.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

Remember in one of the older threads when people were shitcanning people who said demon's souls ps5 could run on ps4 @30fps no problem???

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1579962205902372864?t=q_6c-TjjkXZaTUCIlk64Nw&s=19

Lol. Lmao. :getin:

it's patently obvious to anyone with half a brain (or even the quarter brainers around these parts) that DeS remaster could run on PS4. Just make the loading times longer. Sony knew their new console had literally no games so they had to tell Bluepoint to delete the PS4 version. Simple facts. The game runs on PS3 ferkrysake!!!

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Session the skating sim game is really cool. theres a heavy focus on realistic physics and controlling the board with your feet so it can feel clunky at first but the missions help you learn the controlsand its very satisfying landing a combo or even just a simple clean grind

and when you get good at it you can do things like this

https://i.imgur.com/7A0FIJV.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/wS3shmp.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/XjOrked.mp4

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's too sim-y for me. Skate was where I drew the line and when they removed legacy controls I just didn't want to bother.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jose Oquendo posted:

How do people live with broken smoke detectors? If one of mine starts beeping because of the battery I drop whatever I'm doing and change it. I'll even go to the store ASAP if need to buy a new battery.

well, mines wired into the wall and theres no point just replacing it because Scotland has a new law where homeowners must have smoke alarms linked on every floor of the house so i would need to rip it out and put in a new own downstairs and connect them all

you really tune out of the beeping after a while

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Brian Worms posted:

I just got a ps5, is there a thread where people talk about them?

no, make one

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

mistermojo posted:

Session the skating sim game is really cool. theres a heavy focus on realistic physics and controlling the board with your feet so it can feel clunky at first but the missions help you learn the controlsand its very satisfying landing a combo or even just a simple clean grind

and when you get good at it you can do things like this

https://i.imgur.com/7A0FIJV.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/wS3shmp.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/XjOrked.mp4

Nice, I've been waiting for a new Skate. I couldn't go back to Tony Hawk skateboarding for some reason

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

JollyBoyJohn posted:

well, mines wired into the wall and theres no point just replacing it because Scotland has a new law where homeowners must have smoke alarms linked on every floor of the house so i would need to rip it out and put in a new own downstairs and connect them all

--someone currently on fire

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

JollyBoyJohn posted:

:tif:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

JollyBoyJohn posted:

You might want to check those out. Mine are all wired together but they have plugs (in addition to batteries). If the detector or battery needs to be replaced, it takes all of 30 seconds. I highly doubt they are truly hardwired with no way to just replace an individual smoke detector.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, "wired" doesn't mean you need to flip the circuit breaker and use power tools, it just means there's a little specialized outlet and plug giving it power. You can still remove and replace it without too much trouble. Or at least that's how the American ones in my house work

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
its ok guys im still using a 1985 vintage back boiler in my house which could do a The Shining and explode without warming at any point during the winter, my missus burning the toast is the least of my worries

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/Lbabinz/status/1580219859538804737

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

... I bought DQ11 like a week ago and owned both builders for some time. But hey other people get to enjoy them now.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They should be paying me to play some of these

Oh well, guess I'll get to try DQ11, he says, having just finished a massive JRPG and wanting to move on to other massive JRPGs that are not Dragon Quest, a series he has never played

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Jose Oquendo posted:

you must not have had a little sister

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Full list of upcoming changes

Red Dead Redemption 1 (PS3 version, streaming only) is apparently being removed on October 17th

A special note: they're adding what appears to be the entire back catalog of Assassin's Creed games. This includes the games which are buggy on PS5 (AC Syndicate and two of the AC Chronicles titles). These titles are listed as "Available on PS4 only" which is a bit cryptically worded. My hunch is that these games will be streamable online from a PS5 with the PS+ Premium plan, but not downloadable locally (they still will be available for download on PS4 and PS4 Pro).

New games on Tuesday October 18th

PS+ Extra, Deluxe and Premium

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - The Definitive Edition (PS4 and PS5 versions)
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition | PS4
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey | PS4 (runs at 30fps on PS4 but 60fps on PS5)
Dragon Quest Builders | PS4
Dragon Quest Builders 2 | PS4
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below | PS4
Dragon Quest Heroes II: Explorer’s Edition | PS4
Inside | PS4
The Medium | PS5
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker | PS4
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China | PS4
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China | PS4
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: India | Only downloadable and locally playable on PS4 and PS4 Pro consoles, might be streamable from PS5 consoles with a PS+ Premium Plan
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: Russia | Only downloadable and locally playable on PS4 and PS4 Pro consoles, might be streamable from PS5 consoles with a PS+ Premium Plan
Assassin’s Creed III Remastered | PS4
Assassin’s Creed Syndicate | Only downloadable and locally playable on PS4 and PS4 Pro consoles, might be streamable from PS5 consoles with a PS+ Premium Plan
Hohokum | PS4

PS+ Deluxe and Premium

Yakuza 3 Remastered | PS4
Yakuza 4 Remastered | PS4
Yakuza 5 Remastered | PS4

PS+ Premium titles, streaming only

Limbo | PS3
Ultra Street Fighter IV | PS3 (PS4 port which has post-launch fixes and is "tournament standard" also exists digitally, but isn't available via PS+ currently)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow | PS3
Everyday Shooter | PS3

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
DQ is a big get

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That’s a good stack but I think every single one of those games has been on gamepass for eons already, which I guess doesn’t matter if you fmdont have a gamepass sub

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

DQB2 is good as hell but I never got into DQB1 so maybe I’ll try that again

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Seriously though. The Builder games are actually pretty great. I kind of play them like a town simulator. It is great how room recipes work to make you create a variety of buildings. Also DQ2 is the ultimate BFF simulator.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

What the gently caress why are they removing red dead 1.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Want you to buy a remastered version for $70 in a couple of months

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Want you to buy a remastered version for $70 in a couple of months

That was their plan, but they've apparently shelved it to go all hands on deck for GTA6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Ugh I'll just have to buy a 360 copy I guess, I can't count on these drat streaming services :argh: