Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

oldpainless posted:

All times are different

Bat time is always the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
more like old Paladinus

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
I never thought I'd be saying this but I support those mods in their petty rear end ban in this case. That pizza is hosed

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Canned mushrooms are really terrible. Otoh, AMAB

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Paladinus posted:

Bat time is always the same.
No it's not. That's why they have to specify when it is.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Milo and POTUS posted:

Canned mushrooms are really terrible. Otoh, AMAB
Jarred mushrooms in oil are delicious though.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Y'know, maybe harsher mod actions should come back after all

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Captain Hygiene posted:

Y'know, maybe harsher mod actions should come back after all

Are you volunteering? :getin:

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

We may find it distasteful now, but the petty bans and arbitrary modlaw of yesteryear are the historical conditions of Not Being Reddit.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

90s Cringe Rock posted:

No it's not. That's why they have to specify when it is.

Okay, prove it. I'm thinking of a bat time. Name a bat time that is different from the one I'm thinking of.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Okay, prove it. I'm thinking of a bat time. Name a bat time that is different from the one I'm thinking of.

sorry I only count in metric bat time

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

thecluckmeme posted:

sorry I only count in metric bat time

Does metric bat time have allowances for bat daylight savings time too?

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

tribbledirigible posted:

Why on earth would bats want to save daylight?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Why on earth would bats want to save daylight?

Don't you want more hours in the day for sleeping?

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

RFC2324 posted:

Don't you want more hours in the day for sleeping?

Sounds pretty batty to me frankly.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

haveblue posted:

The hand washer washes the hands of everyone who does not wash their own. No exceptions

Captain Hygiene posted:

Who washes the washmen?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

tribbledirigible posted:

It varies from bat country to bat country

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Paladinus posted:

You know that one time, that other one bat time, right? The one that was like all the others? You know the one I'm talking about, right? Magical! Unforgettable

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

tribbledirigible posted:

No, it's the same bat time, same bat channel.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

Maybe the wood chipper is better than this thing falling on you and engaging?

https://i.imgur.com/jKZ0cht.mp4

JPrime posted:

the ents go to wara bris

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

why are all shows like this these days

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Wasn’t this one of the traps in the last Saw movie?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Nowher posted:

I've mentioned before, but I'm always telling my partner that elevators are completely safe and have heaps of safety mechanisms.

welp, no way am I showing her that clip.

Carthag Tuek posted:

dont show her your avatar either

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

One of Australia's PMs set a world record for drinking a yard glass of beer in just 11 seconds

Fishstick posted:

Another one set the record for longest swim

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

OwlFancier posted:

If you don't wipe and you still have winnets hanging there the next time you poo poo and the poo poo takes them into the bowl, is it technically all the same poo poo?

I call this problem the poo poo of Theseus.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:byob1: the byob rules :byob1:

Bloach posted:

no complaints here. anyone who hates byob is a loser.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS becomes second longest-serving owner of SomethingAwful (the first one died)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Unperson_47 posted:

I was thinking about this in the shower but is there an opposite of "milkshake duck?" For example, right-wing media all of a sudden deciding Kanye or Dave Chappelle or whoever were always good.

Byzantine posted:

"We are pleased to inform you the duck is racist."

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yep. that's the opposite alright

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Yeah when I was reading that the concept that popped into my head was “You assumed this person was a right-wing shitbag but they are actually decent” like if you thought Wallace Shawn was a douchebag because of the characters he sometimes plays and then you find out he’s a rad and good dude

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Icochet posted:

"gently caress you dad!!"

-Lives in his dad's basement
-Into vore
-Gross fistula

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

freeedr posted:

Yeah when I was reading that the concept that popped into my head was “You assumed this person was a right-wing shitbag but they are actually decent” like if you thought Wallace Shawn was a douchebag because of the characters he sometimes plays and then you find out he’s a rad and good dude

Hah, classic blunder.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

freeedr posted:

This is like Guy Fieri.
https://time.com/3719849/guy-fieri-gay-weddings/

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Jim DiGriz posted:

Hah, classic blunder.

unbelievable

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

freeedr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvhPP6zHnsw

Owns (the means of production)

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:foksmash: Tell me about receiving awful service in restaurants/diners/etc. :foksmash:

Chocobosayskweh posted:

This past week, starting from Friday, the 13th of November, has been an orgy of fine arts acquisition for me. I have seen a play, a piano recital, a symphony orchestra, a Renaissance-period ensemble, and a saxophone ensemble all within six days. I am so inundated with fine arts that I feel like I need to become an arts patron. Within that time frame, I've eaten dinner in a few restaurants, one of which was an Outback Steakhouse last night.

I usually just sit in the bar, partially because I can watch some sports, but mostly because I want to sit down, eat, and leave in relatively short order. I had about two hours before the sax ensemble, so I wasn't too concerned about time, but I didn't want to just sit there all night drinking root beer (my drink of choice). Now, I would like to think that I am a patient person...if a server/bartender goes a little slow here and there, fine, I'll wait patiently. But for some reason, I ran out of rope for this bartender. For reasons unbeknownst to me, the bartender was forced to handle not only his bartending duties, plus serving food to those seated at the bar, but also to the 10+ tables surrounding the bar. He had a bit on his plate. Why couldn't any of the servers help him out? Nevertheless, he dutifully took my order a minute after I sat down, and all was well.

Cue to after I had eaten my burger. I folded my napkin into a weird origami-shaped design (the Bird of Paradise) and waited patiently for him to drop off the check. I could've sworn we looked at each other for ten minutes as he went about making drinks and attending to the other patrons of the bar. Alright, if he's a little slow because of a full bar, fine. But the bar was not full. If I am sitting there with an empty plate, I expect a "Dessert tonight? Or just the check..." in short order. After faking me out a few times with checks for other patrons, I finally receive my check. Then he disappears for five minutes, with my credit card. How long does it take to run a credit card? I worked as a bus boy for a few years...I ran money through the machines plenty of times when the servers were overloaded. It was a small restaurant.

Anyways, tl;dr version: I gave my very first zero on the tip line due to snail-paced service. I felt bad afterward, and perhaps he didn't deserve a goose egg for a tip last night. But he got one, and now I ask you, o gentle forum reader. Have you had a bad dining experience due to poor service? Sure, your night can be ruined thanks to the massive tool seated ten feet away whose family is loud and obnoxious. I want to hear stories about bad service. Go!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Anyways, tl;dr version: you're a pretentious shitbag that reported the only funny thing in your travesty of a thread. God Save Bloodpurge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Good example, there was some ex producer who claimed Guy was homophobic