Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

anime tiddies anime tiddies anime tiddies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SubponticatePoster posted:

I got it on launch prior to them removing it from the store, and it ran fine on my Pro. I wouldn't try it on a base model, though.

oh it runs okay on a Pro but it's now Unsupported so you won't be getting further patches or the DLC so

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Control is punishingly hard at times

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wouldn't be so bad if it had proper checkpoints instead of a weird pseudo-souls bonfire system, in an otherwise not at all souls game.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

It has little bits of souls, portal, resident evil, God of War (and its clones), Max Payne is even in there and his voice actor plays a role.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Honestly if you decide you're not enjoying the combat, it's too unnecessarily hard, or a particular boss is too cheap, there's some helpful stuff in the accessibility settings. Change the damage and energy regeneration rate settings, make youraelf invulnerable or even turm on one-hit kills so you can be done with that bit and get on to the next one. It's a really cool game that is let down a bit by some of its encounters.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

When I got to the final boss of the second DLC I went gently caress this and turned on god mode and one hit kills lol no regrets.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Control kind of evokes Mass Effect 2 a lot of the time with how each of the powers emulates a Mass Effect class.

It's certainly neat going through all those office environments, and it's the only game you really want to be accurate with the brightness setting because things can get too washed out in light just as much as they can get too dark.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

There are also more bathrooms in Control than most other games I've played put together.

e to be clear, this is the game I'm currently addicted to, in certainly not going back to Batman and that cheating motherfucking riddler

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Inspector Hound posted:

There are also more bathrooms in Control than most other games I've played put together.

e to be clear, this is the game I'm currently addicted to, in certainly not going back to Batman and that cheating motherfucking riddler

Considering how many other games don't even have bathrooms that is not that impressive. Unless you were building casa de bathroom in Sims

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

kirbysuperstar posted:

oh it runs okay on a Pro but it's now Unsupported so you won't be getting further patches or the DLC so
If you did get it on the 4 though, you can upgrade to PS5 version for free, where I assume patching and DLC is still available :v:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fun fact, the Pentagon has a disproportionately high number of bathrooms irl because the building was designed and built at a weird point in time where the US government was progressive enough to be hiring POC but not progressive enough initially to not have segregated bathrooms, so "double" what would be a normal number of bathrooms were built.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Read After Burning posted:

Any of y'all know how the Judgment sequel runs on PS4, or should I just wait until I get a PS5?

I'm seeing some comments elsewhere that it basically runs the same as the first game, which ran fine (in my layman's opinion), but figured I'd ask here.

Late but didn't see anyone else reply: it should run the same, it's the same fundamental game with new mini-games and some old ones tacked on because the code was lying around so why not just leave them in.

Played it on a pro with SSD, don't recall any problems.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Paracelsus posted:

Late but didn't see anyone else reply: it should run the same, it's the same fundamental game with new mini-games and some old ones tacked on because the code was lying around so why not just leave them in.

Played it on a pro with SSD, don't recall any problems.

Hell yeah! :cheers:

Now I'm torn on whether I want to start the Judgment sequel right away, or whether I should finally play Yakuza 0...

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Hell yeah! :cheers:

Now I'm torn on whether I want to start the Judgment sequel right away, or whether I should finally play Yakuza 0...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

do not get cyberpunk 2077 on the PlayStation 4

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I was going to clip the store warning about Cyberpunk 2077 on a base PS4 but I think they actually removed the notice.

Now, on the final 1.6 build, it seems like it's in a bit below what it was like playing GTA5 or The Last of Us on a PS3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htcHZG676Bs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qcz_emacy0

Frame rates in the mid-20s when things get spicy and some pretty low graphics settings for things like draw distance.

PS4 Pro has a higher resolution and a bit more stable graphics settings like draw disance, while also running at a more consistent 30fps.

PS5 gets you a locked 30fps with ray tracing, a mostly stable 60fps without.

So while you can technically do it, you shouldn't play it on a base PS4 if you can help it. The "minimum" system requirements to have a proper time are a PS4 Pro with the 1.6 game patch, bearing in mind that this version won't be receiving further updates or the upcoming DLC. Also the game should either be installed on internal storage or running off a USB SSD. You will get low-poly models due to lack of data streaming speed if running off a tradition mechanical hard drive externally.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Bad frame rate builds character, I played MGSV at 20fps on PS3

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Steve Yun posted:

Bad frame rate builds character, I played MGSV at 20fps on PS3

I played Quake 1 shareware on a 486DX2 66Mhz. I really want to play CP2077 but I know I should open my sealed copy on a PS5 to enjoy the game properly.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I had a positive K/D ration in Battlefield 2 at 15-20 fps max

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Guillermus posted:

I played Quake 1 shareware on a 486DX2 66Mhz. I really want to play CP2077 but I know I should open my sealed copy on a PS5 to enjoy the game properly.

DOOM on a 386SX25. About 4fps, woo!

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

univbee posted:

DOOM on a 386SX25. About 4fps, woo!

And every moment of it was glorious.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sammus posted:

And every moment of it was glorious.

They were very nice frames, for sure.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Only time I ever got motion sickness was going from playing Wolf 3D on a 386 to a 486.

So smooth :barf:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

univbee posted:

Fun fact, the Pentagon has a disproportionately high number of bathrooms irl because the building was designed and built at a weird point in time where the US government was progressive enough to be hiring POC but not progressive enough initially to not have segregated bathrooms, so "double" what would be a normal number of bathrooms were built.

Not quite - it was built to comply with Virginia's segregation laws, but FDR insisted that it operate as an unsegregated facility since it was a federal building. It was the only building in the state with unsegregated bathrooms (if twice as many of them) until the segregation laws were repealed in 1965.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

After The War posted:

Not quite - it was built to comply with Virginia's segregation laws, but FDR insisted that it operate as an unsegregated facility since it was a federal building. It was the only building in the state with unsegregated bathrooms (if twice as many of them) until the segregation laws were repealed in 1965.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Is there anything I can do about gyro drift on a DS4? As far as I can tell it works fine otherwise - no drift from the sticks or anything, I've done a soft reset and a hard reset and cleaned it pretty thoroughly, but anything gyro-controlled (e.g. Dreams) is still jittery and drifts slowly up/left even when the controller is sitting on a flat, stable surface.

I tried googling but I only found people having this problem with DS4 on PC, where the fix is calibrating it in Steam's settings.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 29, 2022

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Superhot is one of the free games this month :siren:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

deep dish peat moss posted:

Is there anything I can do about gyro drift on a DS4? As far as I can tell it works fine otherwise - no drift from the sticks or anything, I've done a soft reset and a hard reset and cleaned it pretty thoroughly, but anything gyro-controlled (e.g. Dreams) is still jittery and drifts slowly up/left even when the controller is sitting on a flat, stable surface.

I tried googling but I only found people having this problem with DS4 on PC, where the fix is calibrating it in Steam's settings.

Opening it up and cleaning the contact surfaces should help for a whlie, but the drift will be back eventually and the controller might not feel quite as sturdy after putting it back together. It's lovely because basic calibration settings could extend it's lifetime much longer.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

I just started Eastshade, and I am obsessed.
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP3713-CUSA14848_00-0000000EASTSHADE

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Not a whole lotta games coming out lately so I’m working through the massive backlog

Finally finished Uncharted 4. Decent game, but still has uncanny valley of superhuman jumping and climbing. I was hoping they would’ve toned it down to make it feel more realistic

Still blown away by all the incidental animation like how he touches people’s shoulders when walking through a crowd, touches a wall that he’s walking next to, etc

Also enjoyed that they worked in an homage to Cash Bandicoot during one of the chases

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love when game characters can suddenly jump like 3x far as usual when they need to

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Deus ex Muscle

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nathan Drake should've had a double jump in the 4th game while everyone else was using grappling hooks.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
nathan drakkar noir

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RareAcumen posted:

Nathan Drake should've had a double jump in the 4th game while everyone else was using grappling hooks.

I like how in the first game Drake seems to have a really unusual talent for climbing on stuff but by the later games it becomes clear that he doesn't, everyone in the world can do that if they have to

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

The only new Uncharted I want is Lost Legacy 2. :kiddo: I enjoyed that one ten times more than 1 and 2 (never played 3 or 4).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The only new Uncharted I want is Lost Legacy 2. :kiddo: I enjoyed that one ten times more than 1 and 2 (never played 3 or 4).

3 is a bit of a mess because one of the leads left halfway through to go be a hobbit, but it's got some cool sequences. 4 is good and fills in a lot of the interplay between Sam and Nadine in Lost Legacy

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Man, Cutter was so cool. He shoulda been in LL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
If anyone likes shootin natsees the season pass of Siper Elite 4 is on sale for 90% off. It’s a lot of content for $3.50