Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyp
Jul 29, 2022
wish there was an option in CC to tell people to stop fixating on a single person out in narnia & instead come kill the four (!!) people all focusing their gcds on me, the person who's guard is about to run out in 3 seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got through the moon storyline part of Endwalker last night, and god it is so freaking good.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

you got any tips? I need the Platinum exclusive cards

For the Durai tournament I was just using the standard corner 8s + some 5* card (I was using Yojimbo for even more 8s). Then play against other people and hope you get some lucky situations where you can abuse the Same rule.
Never put your 5* card in slot 5, because this tournament has the Order rule, so you might not get to play it if it's stuck there. Slot 4 worked nicely for me.
For the 4* card, I was using an 888 one in slot 3.

Of course, playing against other people means unpredictable things can happen, so if you just want a stable 3 platinum packs per tournament, just play the NPC instead and never worry about anything.

Tamba fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 11, 2022

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Valentin posted:

decided a couple months ago i wanted a simpler WAR axe glam, since i quite liked the "normal fantasy adventurer" vibe of the 6.1 outfit and wanted something to go with it. unfortunately i discovered there was only one glam i really thought fit.

so for the first time i've completed the HW relic grind :toot:

(do wish it, like all axe glams, sat like a foot [fulm?] lower and closer to the center when sheathed, they always look too high up)

hell yeah. been using minos lux ever since 3.5 and it'll take a loving incredible axe to make me change it

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

minos is so good. has that cool blue or red fire effect but the axe itself looks like a normal weapon rather than some ridiculous giant thing. you should look at the other HW relics because a lot of them are tops. you didn't need those poetics anyway

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

i'm a huge fan of the weapons that are just "a normal-ish weapon, but with crazy glow effects," yeah. after i finish the bozja 180-item one-time grind and finish up the gunblade, i'll probably move on to the bozja machinist relic (it's just a sawn-off lever-action shotgun).

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Valentin posted:

i'm a huge fan of the weapons that are just "a normal-ish weapon, but with crazy glow effects," yeah. after i finish the bozja 180-item one-time grind and finish up the gunblade, i'll probably move on to the bozja machinist relic (it's just a sawn-off lever-action shotgun).

You and I have the exact same taste in glowing stuff, I have minos lux and loyalty and ingenuity were my first two bozja weapons too (but I also have canopus lux)

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

DRG has a serious lack of "just a normal spear" spears rather than weird carapace parts, tines pointing all over, tridents. Stick with a point on it please. The moonward bident does look fancy but restrained though. Just wish the Ravel was dyeable since the ronkan metal doesn't match with a lot of what I want

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
gay bulge is a good iconic spear

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I keep grabbing the 'normal' forms of glowing weapons because I don't like the colour schemes

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

GloomMouse posted:

DRG has a serious lack of "just a normal spear" spears rather than weird carapace parts, tines pointing all over, tridents. Stick with a point on it please. The moonward bident does look fancy but restrained though. Just wish the Ravel was dyeable since the ronkan metal doesn't match with a lot of what I want

I mean the holy lance is just a lance with some paint on it, the set from neverreap/fractal is just a normal rear end halberd. There's plenty of just regular polearms in the game.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

a halberd is not a spear :colbert:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

GloomMouse posted:

a halberd is not a spear :colbert:

It's better.

A Guisarme or a glaive would be preferable though. A Glaive-Guisarme would be best.

I'd even take a Bohemiam ear-spoon over a long spear. I'd like more bardiches, maybe give DRG a lucerne hammer. Or even a bec de corbin?

I'm just happy as long as I see no more disgusting fauchards.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 12, 2022

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

the white man's guan dao

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

A Guisarme or a glaive would be preferable though. A Glaive-Guisarme would be best.

I'd even take a Bohemiam ear-spoon over a long spear. I'd like more bardiches, maybe give DRG a lucerne hammer. Or even a bec de corbin?

This is how you flirt with estinien btw.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Now just let me consult Gary Gygax here on the varieties of "sharp thing on stick"......

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Every wildly pronged weapon in this game is an overwrought take on the noble billhook

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Love using creation magiks in p8

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

YggiDee posted:

I keep grabbing the 'normal' forms of glowing weapons because I don't like the colour schemes

I will browse the market board for the crafted versions of primal weapons, then go murder the primal repeatedly to get the dropped, untradable, non-particle version.

Exception is SAM, because the wind effect on Garuda's katana actually fits their aesthetic.

I've never seen anything that fits Titan's aesthetic.

Meanwhile,

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I still like the Ifrit weapons the best because we just tore off a horn and turned it into a sword/spear/axe/staff and called it a day.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Dareon posted:

I will browse the market board for the crafted versions of primal weapons, then go murder the primal repeatedly to get the dropped, untradable, non-particle version.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
All Saints' Wake starts the 19th.

The glam:

The emote:

The housing decor:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

OhFunny posted:

All Saints' Wake starts the 19th.

The glam:

The emote:

The housing decor:

Holy poo poo, a job-agnostic white labcoat! This is a GAME-CHANGER for my glamors!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm into the tusken raider mask, myself

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

been excited for these since I saw them in the datamine

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Mythbusters cosplay looking good.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Cleretic posted:

Holy poo poo, a job-agnostic white labcoat! This is a GAME-CHANGER for my glamors!

“Fine, I’ll make my OWN drat chemist.”

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

it's really not so bad, the challenge log pays out, per week:
21.5k for playing enough triple triad (win 10 in battlehall, play open tournament)
2.5k for interacting with minigames (win 100 mgp, play 3)
27k for afk losing 5 lord of verminion bot matches

and that's before mini cactpot/regular cactpot/fashion report!

I've said this before when it's come up but do not sleep on Verminion tournaments. They're not at the same time every week it's like 3 days on, 3 days off or something. But you don't have to face human opponents, just queue for Master Tournament once you're registered.

The cheese strategy I use relies on Wind-up Kojin and Wind-up Gentleman, so you'd have to have done the Kojin to that point and the ARR Hildibrand quests. Summon 4 Kojin to A, 4 Kojin to C, and send them at the arcane crystal. Summon as many gentlemen as you can and send them to B. Once a crystal goes down, send the minions from that to the center. Should take about 3 minutes at most to win.

If you win 5 matches it's another 40k or more. If you win 10 matches 4 times, you can get a penguin pet from the achievement, and winning 10 matches usually rewards 80k-100k MGP.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

Dareon posted:

Exception is SAM, because the wind effect on Garuda's katana actually fits their aesthetic.

I've never seen anything that fits Titan's aesthetic.

Titans axe can work for certain warrior glams. I love the Ifrit, Ramuh and Susano swords. How can you be a cyber samurai if your blade isn’t on fire or electrified?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Started mixing in some trials to my daily card runs. No luck so far but this is the same long term grind method I used to clear the covenant ring gathering from Dark Souls 3. Any task is far saner if you do 1/100th of it over 100 days and so on.

Amazing how much Triad collection encourages you to play everything in the game. I'll need to go to Eureka, Heaven on High, it got me to push the BLU questline to the StB portion and I'm doing my first Beast Tribe dailies which are about what I expected from a MMO.

5.4: Just cleared the Relict, Matoya is the best character every time she's on screen. Perfect miss of sassy sourpuss and actually liking you and the Scion's company.

Every time Alphinaud executes himself socially I laugh pretty hard.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

OhFunny posted:

The glam:
I'm legit excited for that. A labcoat that can be used by any Job/Class is a godsend since I've been wanting to make a Doctor Glamour for Sage.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Spuzzz posted:

Titans axe can work for certain warrior glams. I love the Ifrit, Ramuh and Susano swords. How can you be a cyber samurai if your blade isn’t on fire or electrified?

i did lost allagan katana for my cyber samurai

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The crafted Shinryu katana is also a solid cyber samurai glam.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the broken katana model they use for the weapon's refrain katana really needs to be used somewhere else

it's too good to be limited to an overbearing blue glow

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

The L50 Ironworks katana is another solid Shadowrun street sam weapon.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Vitamean posted:

the broken katana model they use for the weapon's refrain katana really needs to be used somewhere else

it's too good to be limited to an overbearing blue glow

is it actually a unique model? most ultimate weapons seemed to use relic or raid weapons as base so i figured sam would too

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Cleretic posted:

Time to figure out which axe looks most like a plausible but inappropriately large surgeon's tool. Pretty sure Paladin has an actual bonesaw somewhere.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

a cartoon duck posted:

is it actually a unique model? most ultimate weapons seemed to use relic or raid weapons as base so i figured sam would too

For one that riff on a collection that didn't exist at the time, yeah, they're unique models. The SAM and RDM UWU weapons are unique, at least as far as Garland Tools says.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Time to figure out which axe looks most like a plausible but inappropriately large surgeon's tool. Pretty sure Paladin has an actual bonesaw somewhere.

https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Chondrite_Magitek_Axe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I’m just curious: what happens if you toss a relic before it’s final form? Do you have to redo the whole thing over?