Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
What do they call bullets/clips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

At any given time there's like five Square Enix releases I've never heard of that just get sent off to die. Did Valkyrie Whatever ever come out? Various Job Game? Babylon's Fall? Was NEOTWEWY good? What the hells a Diofield? :iiam:

Valkyrie Elysium came out, I am enjoying it well enough, but it doesn't hold up at all to Valkyrie Profile. The DioField Chronicle is also a good game, but it feels like a lesser title to Fire Emblem but just real time. Square lately has been releasing a lot of B-tier games, many of them are actually decent titles, but Square doesn't market them at all.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The submachine gun can take out unarmoured enemies with ease but it goes through gun MP like crazy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

gently caress I'm at low durability, I'm out of medkits too

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nate RFB posted:

There has never been a good Star Ocean.

E: Sak beat me to the joke but I want to staple it in anyway

Honestly this isn't even a joke, the Star Ocean series isn't good. I would like for this new one to be good, but to be honest it seems like Tri-Ace is just not a good game studio at all and this will likely be their last game.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Lightning Returns and Resonance of Fate were fun at least

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Haven't posted any Japanese Anime related content in awhile
https://twitter.com/dot_aif/status/1579538746487492608

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Lightning Returns and Resonance of Fate were fun at least

I don't think I realized they made Resonance of Fate. I loved that game at least. I bought it on multiple platforms as well, so I probably single handily funded the new Star Ocean.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

weirdest thing about tri-ace is that they seem to make decent to good one-offs and spinoffs for other companies, but keep beefing it with their attempted flagship.

e: though looking through their releases it seems even that dried up around 2015, only releasing SO games, Exist Archive, and the SO mobile game that was apparently their primary revenue stream for the last few years before dying

Motto fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 12, 2022

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

This thread has an Atelier defender, it needs a Star Ocean defender. It's not going to be me, but somebody needs to step up!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

hatty posted:

When was the last good Star Ocean? the PS2?

Nate RFB posted:

There has never been a good Star Ocean.

E: Sak beat me to the joke but I want to staple it in anyway

I said come in! posted:

Honestly this isn't even a joke, the Star Ocean series isn't good. I would like for this new one to be good, but to be honest it seems like Tri-Ace is just not a good game studio at all and this will likely be their last game.

die

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
You're not supposed to boil it just bring it up right to when it starts to steam

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh man, Monster Rancher 1+2 remaster, now whatever this is is actually coming to the west? What a great time for the good monster raising video game series.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/1580213686647463941?s=20&t=sbDk-mGkU3w7hANHjrb43g

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Star Ocean 4 was the last one I played and it was pretty dire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNpla6xNMsY

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wanted to play Star Ocean until a friend of mine beat 3 and ruined the whole dang thing for me.

I will go back and play the first two someday, probably....maybe

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Whizzing Wizard posted:

This thread has an Atelier defender, it needs a Star Ocean defender. It's not going to be me, but somebody needs to step up!

Are you implying atelier needs a defense

Its not a bad series that Im defending its a good series that I'm championing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Atelier defender has logged on

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Shinjobi posted:

I wanted to play Star Ocean until a friend of mine beat 3 and ruined the whole dang thing for me.

I will go back and play the first two someday, probably....maybe

Star Ocean 3 has to be some sort of record for late game twists that ruined an entire franchise.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Saint Freak posted:

Oh man, Monster Rancher 1+2 remaster, now whatever this is is actually coming to the west? What a great time for the good monster raising video game series.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/1580213686647463941?s=20&t=sbDk-mGkU3w7hANHjrb43g

Sevenger is just a little guy

It's his birthday

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

hatty posted:

Star Ocean 4 was the last one I played and it was pretty dire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNpla6xNMsY

Ah my bad, I confused star ocean with deus ex

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
star ocean 2 is good but I refuse to defend the series bc they won't put it in the switch like they did 1

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Jay Rust posted:

Ah my bad, I confused star ocean with deus ex

Could happen to anyone

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Arrrthritis posted:

Star Ocean 3 has to be some sort of record for late game twists that ruined an entire franchise.

Only matched by the western counterpart, Mass Effect 3

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hey I know you all hate the idea of VR meetings but what if you can see your feet

https://twitter.com/MetaHorizon/status/1579947568372404226

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Saint Freak posted:

Gonna be honest, seriously didn't expect we'd get this

...I'll probably pick it up, I'm a complete sucker for monster raising games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I am not excited for legs

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Metatarsals

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I posted in hack n slash thread a while ago but Ninja Gaiden 1 is really good. And each difficulty setting is radically different from the previous one with new enemies, different item layouts and such so you can easily play the game at least 4 times. (Assuming you get that far)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Sadly all it has is me

The one person that finished SO V

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Rarity posted:

Hey I know you all hate the idea of VR meetings but what if you can see your feet

The Metaverse finally catching up to Fire Emblem Fates

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
jesus christ that's what metaverse looks like?

that's what techbros are losing their minds over?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

yeah lol the future is dumb as poo poo

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I know it's been said before but it's just so funny how much techbros are hyped about metaverse when it's like, leagues behind vrchat

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Waffleman_ posted:

Sevenger is just a little guy

It's his birthday

https://i.imgur.com/vhm8p4n.mp4

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I should get back to watching Z.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Rarity posted:

I can't believe the metaverse has caught up to Mario 64 levels of technology

And if I wanted to see awkward nerds dancing I would hit a FF14 nightclub

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

My favorite part of techbro metaverse nonsense is this weird insistence that people will want their avatars to look exactly like they do in the real world.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's :barf:tastic

Well done

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Sakurazuka posted:

Sadly all it has is me

The one person that finished SO V

that's the only one I've actually finished, which makes me disqualified to defend the series.

I just really like the goofy "Star Trek but it's an anime" thing it going on .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

cheetah7071 posted:

No one but zuck and cryptoscammers are losing their minds over metaverse stuff, everyone else that liked the idea is already using second life and vrchat