Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

DLC Inc posted:

Temple of Anubis removal alone does actually make OW2 better than OW1, gently caress that stage for real

It had the best Torb turret spot in the whole game, and for that I'm heartbroken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

If Winston and Kiriko are in the same team, their pre-match banter has him make a paper trail joke. I audibly boooed because it was so corny and good.

Winston and Moira has him go

Winston: Want to hear my favorite periodic table joke?
Moira: Na

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
“Kiriko, are you an office worker?”

“No, why?”

“Because you always leave a paper trail!”

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

imagine dungeons posted:

“No, why?”

:getout:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
the daily challenge system has mandated that i play something other than d.va, in spite of being old and having a mechanical ability that is trivial to overwhelm. however, Sonjurn is very fun in spite of me sucking with the railgun and forgetting about the dash/jump ability most of the time. also brigette is a lot of fun in spite of me not knowing how her primary heal mechanic works (but it still does?!).

however, the new female heroes make me question if the “diversity pentagon” is missing a secret dimension for how many IG crossfit influencers the team at blizzard follow on burner accounts

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sloppy posted:

It had the best Torb turret spot in the whole game, and for that I'm heartbroken

agreed, that's why that stage is terrible

I'm actually sad they didn't just loving remove turret character entirely, probably the laziest and braindead archtype of them all. Being engineer in TF2 didn't feel as braindead I think due to how large teams could get + the potency of spy sapping; in 5v5 a turret is just annoying even if it only lasts for a little bit. I say this as someone who has Torb in their top 3 most played characters, too--just a stupid character.

I remember in vanilla OW1 people picking like, 3 Bastions/3 Torbs and sitting on points lol.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah TF2 had much more complex interactions between classes because there was only 9, and with 12 players you could pretty much assume there was always one of each on the team. Overwatch can't really do that because, even at launch in OW1, there's a lot more heroes left on the bench than in a game.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
A good sombra right now makes playing miserable. I can't believe she gets what's basically insta hacks and such a gigantic damage boost. That's so ridiculous.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

agreed, that's why that stage is terrible

I'm actually sad they didn't just loving remove turret character entirely, probably the laziest and braindead archtype of them all. Being engineer in TF2 didn't feel as braindead I think due to how large teams could get + the potency of spy sapping; in 5v5 a turret is just annoying even if it only lasts for a little bit. I say this as someone who has Torb in their top 3 most played characters, too--just a stupid character.

I remember in vanilla OW1 people picking like, 3 Bastions/3 Torbs and sitting on points lol.

TF2 Engineer was really annoying too at points in that game's lifespan, but TF2 Engineer fuckin owned and was a cool dude so it was okay. Whereas Torbjorn is without charm and only exists to make jokes for and about computer programmers, which is itself unforgiveable.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Turret is only a small part of Torb's charm, the best is countersniping widows with M1, also great is popping E and blowing the poo poo out of a Roadhog that thought he caught a squishy.

Also the funnest ult in the game

Suck it nerds :cool:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Tier 3 turret was the best ult.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Have they turned Bastion back on yet?

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
"basically insta hacks"

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Sloppy posted:

The two best turret spots in the game are both side-facing anti-push spots

1) To the right (facing outwards from inside the room) of the two door room that is directly across from point one in Numbani on the small ledge in the weeds that lines the path the payload goes down. Works on both defense, and also if you manage to somehow wrap around the entire point with Torb on offense and make it to that side unnoticed. It will just wreck everyone.

and

2) Hanamura point one defense, against the wall on the small ledge that the arc leading to point two sits on, outside the exit of the little room with the mini and stairs going up that attackers can sneak into right by the first choke.

Which, I guess both of these maps are gone now, so

there aren't anymore "use these spots 100% of the time" good Torb turret spots.

edit: actually, if you mean in the corner, inside of the wall on the raised platform point two is on, facing inwards on defense, yeah, that one is probably third best. Or slightly better than Hanamura

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 13, 2022

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

The Grumbles posted:

TF2 Engineer was really annoying too at points in that game's lifespan, but TF2 Engineer fuckin owned and was a cool dude so it was okay. Whereas Torbjorn is without charm and only exists to make jokes for and about computer programmers, which is itself unforgiveable.

This game is still super popular and one of the most played games on steam

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
It’s fun throwing Torb turrets in unexpected spots. It’s also fun throwing Torb jizz just wherever.

“Get a load of this! Load!”

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

imagine dungeons posted:

“No, why?”

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Did the line where a Nano-boosted Sombra says "Your mom helped me do that!" when she kills Pharah make it into the full version of the game? I remember hearing it at some point in the first beta.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

The Grumbles posted:

tfc engineer supremacy

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
NEED A DISPENSAH HEAH

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

yo mamma a Horus posted:

"basically insta hacks"

You can do it while stealthed and it's under a second.

Good luck catching that consistently bro

Char
Jan 5, 2013
I'm a consistent B5 support player and I can confirm Genji and Sombra are insta death for me

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

dogstile posted:

it lasts 1.5 seconds. Her teleport is the problem with her kit, not the rest.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Bottom Liner posted:

it lasts 1.5 seconds. Her teleport is the problem with her kit, not the rest.
That's just the silence portion of the hack. The full hack debuff stays on for like 6-8 seconds IIRC, giving Sombra a massive damage buff on that target.

I think she probably should lose stealth as soon as she starts a hack, so she basically has to commit or reset once she attempts her first hack. Her translocate is OK.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Splinter posted:

I think she probably should lose stealth as soon as she starts a hack, so she basically has to commit or reset once she attempts her first hack. Her translocate is OK.

This would dumpster her immediately.

This is why I said I'm not sure what the solution is to her. Nerfing the damage bonus doesn't really stop her from being a menace to squishies because she can one clip most supports anyways. The instant safe teleport while being a potent backline flanker is just too much. I think the best thing to do would be to make her tele line of sight if it's going to remain instant, or have a cast time and keep it global. Or they could go back to the old design where it had a semi-tight time limit, but that's probably still too strong.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 13, 2022

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Are there good stat sites / programs that will keep track of my poo poo for me? I often find myself at the end of a session not remembering if I lost more often than I won.

Also the in-game player history stats - is there a way to filter just this year / just OW2? I have a lot of play time 5 years ago but I want to know my averages today.

Nothing in the OP, Google gives lots of options and I don't want one that risks my account...

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code
They should just rework her into a support.
Turn her hack into a virus that spreads like a disease between people; healing allies + bonus from any healing received; and damaging enemies + bonus to any damage received. She could keep her cloak and speed. And add a max distance to the teleport.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Bottom Liner posted:

This would dumpster her immediately.

This is why I said I'm not sure what the solution is to her. Nerfing the damage bonus doesn't really stop her from being a menace to squishies because she can one clip most supports anyways. The instant safe teleport while being a potent backline flanker is just too much. I think the best thing to do would be to make her tele line of sight if it's going to remain instant, or have a cast time and keep it global. Or they could go back to the old design where it had a semi-tight time limit, but that's probably still too strong.

She can definitely exist with instant translocate, it worked with OW1 and she wasn't always S tier. There are plenty of avenues to tune her: revert to her OW1 spread, DPS tuning, DPClip tuning, tune hack duration or % damage boost on hacked target, tune time to channel hack (or other rules around it e.g. how it interacts with stealth), detection radius, stealth duration, significant cooldown before translocating and being able to throw a new one out, translocate duration or range, etc. Her get out of jail free card isn't necessarily a problem if the rest of her kit is in line. Having to translocate often isn't good for the Sombra player if they aren't getting enough done before they TL, so just making it a little harder for her to be effective would go a long way without having to remove the ability to use TL in fun and creative ways.

e: and I do think nerfing the damage bonus does help, as even if she can still one clip, it's slower (which gives the team more time to react and force a TL or kill her before she can confirm the kill) and less reliable (especially if you go back to her old spread).

Splinter fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 13, 2022

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Played a few more comp matches. 3-2 for the night. Pro-tip! If you're DVa playing into an Orisa, save your ult for when Orisa ults, pop it soon as you get sucked in and just casually walk out of her ult because the enemy Orisa can't do anything lmao. Got several easy 3Ks of Orisa eating poo poo from DVa bomb that way. So funny, lol.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
how hard is it to get enough comp points for a golden gun, anyway?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
For as chatty and snarky as the characters are now, I would love for the game to recognize when players are pussyfooting around and avoiding the control point (or otherwise wandering off to go play an arena shooter somewhere else).

I just wish there was an OW equivalent to the Medic in TF2 shouting "Standing near ze point does NOTHING. Get ON ze POINT, dummkopfs!". Like, yeah, there's pinging and all, but it doesn't have the same bite to it.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Seeing people play Soj/Soldier properly makes me feel very very old

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

can we talk about how loving bad the names soldier and sojourn are to have to distinguish in voice chat?

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

can we talk about how loving bad the names soldier and sojourn are to have to distinguish in voice chat?

thats why the kits are so similar

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Jack Trades posted:

Someone made this handy infographic.

I don't see it in this chart, is Blizzard World still in the game? There must be a map rotation going or something? Because I haven't seen it all since the OW2 launch except for in queue waiting Deathmatch mode.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Why are gamers so weird and antisocial

E: idk what it is about this game that makes people turn into ragey edgelords. I literally complimented an opposing S76 for whipping rear end and he just goes "fk u".

I must've reported toxic chat like 2-3 times per game. poo poo's exhausting.

KrunkMcGrunk fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 13, 2022

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

dogstile posted:

hack is .65 second cast time and it is loud. .65 seconds is absolutely reactable

people that play fighting games at mid level or higher routinely react to things that fast and a bit faster

i have seen you post stuff before and i know you are a good player, i can hardly believe this isn't something you can already do. I find it really hard to believe

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Why are gamers so weird and antisocial

E: idk what it is about this game that makes people turn into ragey edgelords. I literally complimented an opposing S76 for whipping rear end and he just goes "fk u".

I must've reported toxic chat like 2-3 times per game. poo poo's exhausting.

Play with friends and just hide chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Strange, I've had zero toxic games since launch, guess I can count myself lucky honestly.

I had this moment that struck me as funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpXFKVVmcuk