Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Badly Jester posted:

If I remember correctly, Fatshark have said that there won't even be cross-play between Game Pass and Steam at launch, so I wouldn't bet on it.

Oof. Well sales are always happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Pretty bummed I've apparently been weighed by The Emperor and he's found me wanting since I didn't get into the beta.

:negative:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

AndyElusive posted:

Pretty bummed I've apparently been weighed by The Emperor and he's found me wanting since I didn't get into the beta.

:negative:

Well the Emperor must love me then :smuggo:

I have no idea why. I'm usually a Tau player

Termyie
Aug 18, 2022

Always choose violence.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Well the Emperor must love me then :smuggo:

I have no idea why. I'm usually a Tau player

The Emperor must super love me. I play Blood Angels and I will have my copy of The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer to give inspiration to my teammates during times of stress.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Where are goons gonna form up groups for the test, which discord?

Damone
May 3, 2009
There's the Vermintide discord and there's the general co-op discord. I'll be playing on the co-op goons one.

https://discord.gg/u4Jh9QvC Goonintide
https://discord.gg/qh2ZuUzCCo-op Goons

There's probably more discords out there, goons being goons and all.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

If theres no NDA those of you that got in keep us updated, i'm not touching this until theres been some heavy testing to avoid another VT2 launch situation haha.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'll probably be streaming it for my homies if there's nothing in the NDA that says I can't, I'll post stuff in here

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Really hoping this game lets you jump into a real difficulty from the start rather than forcing you to slog through recruit/veteran equivalents like VT2.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Idk if they'd skip the micro transaction grind or not but hopefully they get a loving clue and put some weapon unlocks behind very small progression then just go straight to cosmetics for rewards. I enjoyed reds but i don't want weapon stats anymore i want weapons being weapons like chaos wastes, make it all about skins and looking dapper as gently caress. Give me 100 lasgun skins, i won't complain.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Vargs posted:

Really hoping this game lets you jump into a real difficulty from the start rather than forcing you to slog through recruit/veteran equivalents like VT2.

absolutely this

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

There's another chance to sign up for the Beta if you're like me and didn't get chosen the first time.

Just go to the store page for Darktide on Steam, there's a link right below the pre-order to request another op to be part of the Beta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jm1pj5zBU8

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Vargs posted:

They did in the first beta! I happily got eaten alive repeatedly. The last beta was NDA'd, but this upcoming one doesn't seem to be, so I'll try to drop a stream link for people not in yet to come watch me get destroyed

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Vargs posted:

Personally I'm hoping they don't lock content behind the higher difficulty settings like they did in VT2

Arghy posted:

Idk if they'd skip the micro transaction grind or not but hopefully they get a loving clue and put some weapon unlocks behind very small progression then just go straight to cosmetics for rewards. I enjoyed reds but i don't want weapon stats anymore i want weapons being weapons like chaos wastes, make it all about skins and looking dapper as gently caress. Give me 100 lasgun skins, i won't complain.

Would be nice if they didn't lock weapon types behind RNG loot and/or crafting, barely got to use any weapon types in VT2 due to that(didn't help that I never did figure out how the crafting system in that game worked, they made it way too complicated for a game about smashing giant rats)

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Would be nice if they didn't lock weapon types behind RNG loot and/or crafting, barely got to use any weapon types in VT2 due to that(didn't help that I never did figure out how the crafting system in that game worked, they made it way too complicated for a game about smashing giant rats)

how

the crafting system in vt2, for all its "gotta roll the PERFECT set of attributes" faults for harder diffs and tryhard moments, literally makes you the thing you want

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
The Co-op Goons server has now set up roles and channels for those looking for Darktide groups, either during this test period or for full release. Invite link is here, be aware that we're using the Goon Hosted Authentication User Service (GOONHAUS) for account verification. I'd appreciate the link being added to the OP.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

toasterwarrior posted:

how

the crafting system in vt2, for all its "gotta roll the PERFECT set of attributes" faults for harder diffs and tryhard moments, literally makes you the thing you want

Don't forget that almost every trait was broken for over a year so unless you stacked crit+swift slaying you were likely knee capping yourself instead of actually improving anything. The devs knew about all the broken traits and threatened modders when they were finally given the tools to look at the code and exposed all the broken poo poo. The best poo poo was parry which had like a .15 second window when it functioned that didn't account for lag so unless you were host it wasn't functional at all and the devs didn't see a problem with this because why didn't you just host if you wanted to use parry?

Just thinking about the months of playing with the nagging question of whether poo poo was working or not in the back of my mind then having it all get validated is gave me PTSD.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
oh shut the gently caress up arghy i aint talking to you

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
let me in! let me download!

thread title should be Tertium Non Datur.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Looks like a preload of sorts is available, y'all.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Big download, too, though that's hardly surprising.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Signed up for the beta on steam yesterday and today I got the invite, sweet.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Angry Lobster posted:

Signed up for the beta on steam yesterday and today I got the invite, sweet.

Me too!

I'm worthy! :woop:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Same. Strongly suspect they didn't get anywhere near the volume they wanted with their prior application process.

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what
I signed up on the webpage first, but only got "have you missed out beta" email and no code. But I also requested access on steam client and I got a notification email from steam(different email address from the web sign up page) that I've been invited, and I can pre-load the beta.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
GUYS

IM IN THE BETA

IT STARTED

IM PLAYING RIGHT NOW

LETS loving GOOOO

I'll be happy to answer any questions you have regarding the game, will give impressions later.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Al-Saqr posted:

GUYS

IM IN THE BETA

IT STARTED

IM PLAYING RIGHT NOW

LETS loving GOOOO

I'll be happy to answer any questions you have regarding the game, will give impressions later.

Still 20 minutes left for me. :argh: Please keep us appraised of your findings.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
There is already a queue. Looks like they are getting their stress test.

edit: Queue isn't moving, but this menu music loving owns.

Raged fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Oct 14, 2022

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Raged posted:

And I can't close out of the queue window, so yay!

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Raged posted:

seems like the servers aren't up if the numbers aren't changing

also agreed on the music, good lord its good

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
A Fast Shark dev just posted on a stream saying they need a some time before the servers are up.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

wouldn't be a fatshark game without launch issues

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Lol looks like I got ahead of myself still stuck in massive que, will check back in a few hours

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Don't mind being stuck in queue, just vibing to the music.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The queue does move, just very intermittently and in batches. I was stuck on 13200 for some 20 minutes, then it jumped to 12600 just a minute ago. Might be they're manually adding additional capacity or something perhaps? :shrug:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I'm in but I am getting a buttload of stutter and hitching even with the latest drivers

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
I'm in the queue myself, but I've a fairly beefy pc. I set the graphics to above medium where I could. We'll see how it is.

Chacmool
Apr 12, 2007

I signed up for this yesterday so I wasn't expecting to get in, pretty excited to give it a go. The queue has started moving so we should all be in soon.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

In the alpha I had some pretty serious performance issues myself running it in borderless windowed, switching it to fullscreen and then back helped a lot for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saintv77
Aug 5, 2008

Wow that was quick - signed up on steam an hour ago and just got the invite there.