Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Hark! A Vagrant – now posted in the (triple checks) correct thread on the first try.

What a ridiculous thing I’ve just made

I think if Samuel L Jackson was a woman, Chinese, and alive during the Tang Dynasty, he would be this woman right here.

I’m just going to put this lil’ drawing here

ALL THE TIME

Happy Father’s Day! For the record, it was a trout.

I had a sketch of this one while I still working at the museum in November. I found it when I was cleaning!

Kate does a few more “younger self” comics coming up! First time there’s any throughline between comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I bought Ducks and it was a tough but great read. I saw she was doing an event at a city a couple hours away in November so I bought a ticket to go and get the book signed. Now we get her side of the story about how goons drove her off SA no I’m not really going to do that. That would be so idiotic.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

The Black Stones posted:

I bought Ducks and it was a tough but great read. I saw she was doing an event at a city a couple hours away in November so I bought a ticket to go and get the book signed. Now we get her side of the story about how goons drove her off SA no I’m not really going to do that. That would be so idiotic.

I assumed that the heavy parts of the book were mostly about the trauma of her time on SA

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kate Beaton an exit from the forums

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Audrey Gravescream is a stone cold motherfucker
There was a pretty good chance that Lyndon would be turned into a tree, and then Real Klara would die.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Audrey resolves the soul-shredding paradox of realising one is a simulated being, by getting a big snake to bite a man on the snoot

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008
Do not try to stop me, I have a snake.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Audrey is smarter than 99% of the characters in genre fiction. She would never have run kate beaton off the forums.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats a pretty good simulated Audrey

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

MokBa posted:

Hark! A Vagrant – now posted in the (triple checks) correct thread on the first try.

first thing i thought of when they announced asscreed valhalla. i still haven't played it and i'm betting it would be nowhere like this

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

A surprisingly sweet conclusion of this chapter of Kutsuzure Sensen.

The punchline is in the next chapter, by the way.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i gotta give thorsby credit, he draws extremely good snakes

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Boba Pearl posted:

just hit a million views on the comic. :kimchi:

Woo!

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I'm bored, so I'm going to post another Bouletcorp before going to bed.

Before anyone says anything about the lolcats talk, this thing is from 2008 and I don't think it was intended sincerely even then. I will say this though - I've rinsed my empties ever since.

Emzedoh has a new favorite as of 10:02 on Feb 16, 2023

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Emzedoh posted:

Before anyone says anything about the lolcats talk, this thing is from 2008 and I don't think it was intended sincerely even then. I will say this though - I've rinsed my empties ever since.
The first one I rolled my eyes at but by around the third or fourth page I was fully on-board with lolslugs. I don't know how it read at the time but in 2022 it works for portraying the pure gormless joy of loving up his carpet.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i hated the lolcats speak initially but enjoyed the reveal that the slugs talk like that due to being temporarily mentally impaired

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 13:45 on Nov 28, 2022

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Suddenly I'm reminded of the side thing with Digger where a druid's beer was attracting slugs who kept drowning in it. Surprised I didn't see that coming.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Stand Still. Stay Silent

One big blood bubble

RIP crabcar

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Lackadaisy is just to pleasant to look at. Good art and good cattes.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Tree Bucket posted:

Audrey resolves the soul-shredding paradox of realising one is a simulated being, by getting a big snake to bite a man on the snoot

Rococo's semiliteral basilisk

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

"Don't matter, snakebite" is definitely the quickest way to solve that conundrum.
Probably the least painful too.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Trixie is so good and it's art style is perfect for making that last bit hit hard. Imagine if that was nore intricately drawn. That would have been a lot less funny and awesome.

A boop on the snoot makes this universe moot

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: Joost's muscles bulge! His pants heal! Cepelis speaks cryptically!

Read right to left:

I guess Cepelis is a button masher. You hold RB to charge your breathing, fool!

e: I would also like to take this opportunity to appreciate how bulky and swole Cepelis is even through his fancy suit

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

LAST TIME ON BACK

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress haunted town :stare:

also I just noticed in the fourth panel of the fifth page where Daniel is blowing the dust off the book it settles on the ghost so you can "see" it early if you got abigail level perception.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
It also looks like a butt blastin dookers behind Daniel when Abby shoots the bell

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Shageletic posted:

"A boop on the snoot makes the whole world moot" scans better IMO.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
PYF Comics:

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

a butt blastin dookers

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President

Hempuli posted:

Bristlecone 14
Bristlecone 15
Bristlecone 16
Bristlecone 17
Bristlecone 18
Showdown 1

Showdown 2

Showdown 3

Showdown 4

Trixie manages the rare feat of doing a "a lot of stuff gets undoed and never happened" plot beat without it sucking all excitement & tension from the story.

Talking character deaths: 45
Deaths altogether: 86+
Scepter of Deaths: 12+ (+1 Ivar)

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Shageletic posted:

New Trixie readers should be shown that rhyme, and asked to guess what it means.

Empty Sandwich posted:

Rococo's semiliteral basilisk

Way more rad than the regular kind

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

ultrafilter posted:

"A boop on the snoot makes the whole world moot" scans better IMO.

When a boop on the snoot makes the whole world moot
THAT'S our Audrey

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

fritz posted:

THAT'S our Audrey

:discourse:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

fritz posted:

THAT'S our Audrey

:buddy:

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
I just remembered a Rick and Morty plot about a crystal that foretells your death, and wondered if Thorsby was in any way inspired by it.

But turns out that episode aired in November 2019, more than three and a half years after the first Scepter of Death comic.

So now I wonder if the influence could have gone the other way.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

This is from a couple pages back but LOL at Erina Eren acting all badass here.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress haunted town :stare:

also I just noticed in the fourth panel of the fifth page where Daniel is blowing the dust off the book it settles on the ghost so you can "see" it early if you got abigail level perception.

I thought the dust was sticking to old blood spatter on the walls, ghost/invisible creeper works too!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite: Derail Valley > PYF Comic: When a boop on the snoot makes the whole world moot THAT'S our Audrey

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I reread Abbeycourt Manor this week and it's still absolutely amazing, hoping it'll continue eventually.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

ultrafilter posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite: Derail Valley > PYF Comic: When a boop on the snoot makes the whole world moot THAT'S our Audrey

Just needs one more syllable for proper rhythm. Otherwise YESSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Just add "now" before "that"