Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

In 2028, the president will be a Twitch streamer known only as DaSexualJester

And finally, the Belden Program will be be initiated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

No Dignity posted:

And finally, the Belden Program will be be initiated

Vice President The Gourmand

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Heath posted:

Vice President The Gourmand

but who will be secretary of the treasury

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

Halloween Jack posted:

In 2028, the president will be a Twitch streamer known only as DaSexualJester

Vote for him to see what he actually looks like on Inauguration Day!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol god we're going to see a swearing-in face reveal in our lifetimes i guess

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

i say swears online posted:

but who will be secretary of the treasury

Coindexter, clearly

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Thank you for question miss moderator and it's deeply troubling our nation. But first I want to give a quick thank you to all my new tier 1 subscribers

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Heath posted:

Why are any of you seriously entertaining this idea in any capacity

Reality TV nakedly venal grifter became US president

A pill-shilling quack, a Yale fake-hillbilly and a semi-coherent Football star babykiller are all on track to be GOP senators

Honestly, I'd be more susprised if it didn't happen.

Kaney can even get away with just wearing the Confederate flag directly, all the time, and the liberal media will be afraid to comment on it. It'll make even those fossils in the Villages come around.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Trump was constantly asking the audience what they liked and feeding it back to them. Kanye gets on these weird, incomprehensible hobbyhorses and insists that everyone around him care as much as he does about them. One is appealing to the masses, one is profoundly repulsive.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Orson Scott Card is a huge piece of poo poo, but he did predict that in the future the world president would be a Poster.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Oh god, Card basically predicted the online debate sphere

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

porfiria posted:

Orson Scott Card is a huge piece of poo poo, but he did predict that in the future the world president would be a Poster.

he thought you could become hegemon by posting nerd poo poo though

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost

porfiria posted:

He thought the future world president would be a blogger who wins the discourse with facts and logic. That’s completely different (and also total dork poo poo) from the president being a poster of Tremendous Content™.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Yeah, the Poster In Chief won't be Ben Shapiro I suppose.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

right, in the real world, wealth and power brings about true shitposting, not the other way around

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Not actually him but I could see a Jacob Wohl type becoming president in like 20 years

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

PostNouveau posted:

he thought you could become hegemon by posting nerd poo poo though

elon musk fits the bill?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
If I remember right the plan in Enders Game was to have one child prodigy be a demagogue and stir up poo poo while the other one appealed to moderation and reason, and they had to adjust the plan because the first one was way more popular than intended.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don’t think Kanye could win but not for the reasons you guys are saying. I don’t think he could win because he’s not funny. Trump was and is extremely funny in his meanness, that was a big uniting force for his base.

Groundskeeper Silly
Sep 1, 2005

My philosophy...
The first rule is:
You look good.
Trump is famous for being a good businessman, which is respectable and translates directly to him being a good head of state. Kanye is famous for being a rapper. I think that keeps the enthusiasm down for a lot of people over a certain age. They can't convince themselves there is an actual reason to vote for him other than the R next to his name.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Chapo doesn't, like, announce a tone shift when they go from a Beltway Garage episode, where they're at least trying to guess who will actually win an election, to bullshitting about Aimee Terese becoming president. This is definitely the latter.

It also seems like they do sometimes forget that a small fraction of the population does most of the posting on social media. Old white men in Nebraska will care about Vogue snubbing Trump, for ten minutes, because Trump is talking about it. Trump is self-indulgent like that, but it works because he ties it back into resentment of cultural elites. The same guy isn't going to vibe with Kanye being a Black Israelite or whatever.

Also, dunking on Virgil's IBS? Chapo does ableism again!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Groundskeeper Silly posted:

Trump is famous for being a good businessman, which is respectable and translates directly to him being a good head of state. Kanye is famous for being a rapper. I think that keeps the enthusiasm down for a lot of people over a certain age. They can't convince themselves there is an actual reason to vote for him other than the R next to his name.

Yeah Trump was president because the Apprentice laundered his image into a successful businessman and he turned himself into a Fox News grandpa. It was funny listening to a Chapo clip that came up on youtube about a NYT focus group of conservative guys and one of them who was old enough to know of Trump back when he was a decades-long joke but said he knew him "from the Apprentice".

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Groundskeeper Silly posted:

Kanye has no base. The boys going "Oh he'd get black men" is the same dumbass idpol the Republicans rely on when they run psychos like Allen West and it never works for them because black people aren't just automatically going to vote for a black person.

Like, are Black Israelites popular? Hell no. So why on earth would Kanye (who already bombed out of a presidential campaign with approximately zero support) spouting Black Israelite poo poo be popular?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Kanye being black by itself is going to turn off at least 75% of the GOP base

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm looking at the latest poll numbers, and I don't think the Femboy Hooters Party is going to unseat Pelosi in the California 12th district.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm looking at the latest poll numbers, and I don't think the Femboy Hooters Party is going to unseat Pelosi in the California 12th district.

They knew they weren’t going to win, the whole point of the campaign was to publicize the issue.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I'm gonna vote for Kanye

selec
Sep 6, 2003

net work error posted:

I'm gonna vote for Kanye

Bandwagoner!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Anna Wintour must be held accountable!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Kanye is also a violent gangsta rapper who sings about killing cops.

(They believe every black musician is a violent gangsta rapper who sings about killing cops.)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Dr Christmas posted:

Kanye is also a violent gangsta rapper who sings about killing cops.

(They believe every black musician is a violent gangsta rapper who sings about killing cops.)

I think they’ve has seen enough of John Legend on The Voice to know that’s not the case.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

General Dog posted:

I think they’ve has seen enough of John Legend on The Voice to know that’s not the case.

Maybe, but I'm thinking about how there was outrage over dang Beyonce performing her violent anti-cop screed, Formation, at the Super Bowl.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Kanye running would be entertaining to see how deranged and openly racist the libs get.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Common at the White House, folks.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
Snoop for president

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Boywhiz88 posted:

Common at the White House, folks.

The people are saying that they got no hope
but what we need to tell'em is they first gotta vote
[dramatic hand gestures]

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
I can imagine Usher as a libbed out senator

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
Eminem for Michigan

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Brigadier Sockface posted:

Eminem for Michigan

eminem could absolutely win in michigan in 10-15 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

you know what we're missing? country singers running for office in the south. i feel like they could clean up