Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

N: The hockey gods took a guy who just donated a $1000 to homeless people and rewarded his charity with an upper-body injury.

V: I am hockey agnostic now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
the toronto maple leafs are in playoff form

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

CBJSprague24 posted:

N: The hockey gods took a guy who just donated a $1000 to homeless people and rewarded his charity with an upper-body injury.

V: I am hockey agnostic now.

They can and do still hate you even if you choose not to believe in them

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
There was one real piece of data I wanted from that game, and I suppose I did get it.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jake Muzzin retire

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
0-8 in the pre-season, 1-0 in the regular season you love to see it

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

jsoh posted:

the toronto maple leafs are in playoff form

Lol.the habs first win in like 5 months and its Toronto

Lol

Just lol

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Gonna be real interesting to see if Toronto can outscore Murray’s awful glove hand this year.

I think he seems like a genuinely nice person, but I can only shake my head at Dorion’s decision to trade for him in the first place, let alone extend him, and stare in puzzled amazement at Dubas’ plan to rely on Murray to save his job this year.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/NHL/status/1580379834450350080
:3:

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

soggybagel posted:

This is one of my favorite twitter accounts: https://twitter.com/FootyScran
Ok so is it good or bad if it counts as scran versus no scran? I can't tell from the votes.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Albino Squirrel posted:

Ok so is it good or bad if it counts as scran versus no scran? I can't tell from the votes.

Scran means garbage/low quality but that seems to mean nothing as the votes are that it's good if it is scran. With it being a regional slangand the twitter account being very popular, scran is probably going to be changing meaning from bad to good.

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT!
Miller :siren:

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
John Carlson sucks. The Caps PP sucks.

Hockey... is good??

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Oof. Poor Murray.

He was so good during the two cup runs, and was nasty in the AHL before that. Really weird career trajectory so far.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
drat the digital boards ads are on the regional broadcasts too. I was holding out hope that they’d only be A Thing on ESPN/TNT.

I actually don’t hate them that much except when they animate. And if having them means no more virtual ads on the glass, that’s a positive.

…but I’d still rather not have them

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Chad Sexington posted:

John Carlson sucks. The Caps PP sucks.

Hockey... is good??

:yeah:

Not going to take too much from one game but Fehervary-Carlson sucked as a pair last year and they stank tonight. Hopefully that changes.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

OldSenileGuy posted:

drat the digital boards ads are on the regional broadcasts too. I was holding out hope that they’d only be A Thing on ESPN/TNT.

I actually don’t hate them that much except when they animate. And if having them means no more virtual ads on the glass, that’s a positive.

…but I’d still rather not have them

Those glass ads were the worst. Good riddance to those.

They've done the board ads at times on the Oilers broadcast. It wasn't animated so it wasn't too bad.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

bub spank posted:

Gonna be real interesting to see if Toronto can outscore Murray’s awful glove hand this year.

I think he seems like a genuinely nice person, but I can only shake my head at Dorion’s decision to trade for him in the first place, let alone extend him, and stare in puzzled amazement at Dubas’ plan to rely on Murray to save his job this year.

I’m gonna come out and say right now one of my dream scenarios for this team is that they suck so bad that Shanahan cleans house in December, poaches Brunette from the Devils, fire sales everyone in the D corps and starts relatively fresh next year with new goalies.

I’m pretty sure they’ll just be leaky but competent in front of bad goaltending en route to another first round exit and everyone getting extensions for no good reason, though.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

okay I missed the part where they did this

https://twitter.com/RobTheHockeyGuy/status/1580390932507418624

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL

rex rabidorum vires posted:

You'll be shocked to know on a cursory glance at the usual trash I regurgitate that I am very confused by this contract and have a disagreement with JFresh's player card ranking him so high.

Mattias gets heavy defensive zone deployment. During those deployments he gives up an ok amount of shots with a 48/52 split. His actual outcomes suck. 41.5% actual goals for and worse he ranks 2nd on the team with 3.78 goals against per 60. The expected split is an improvement in that instead of suck out loud it is just bad with a 46% xG. A big part of this is because Buffalo's goaltending is quite bad. Other things to note - Owen power topped the xG chart with 55% in his 8 games. No one else topped 47%. Of the pairings Mattias played with he significantly hurt Dahlin and Fitzgerald. With Pysyk or Bryson numbers were improved. In terms of xG the only player that had improved expected numbers was him and Dahlin. Every other pairing was worse when he was added to it.

This is Matias at the Bills slaughter of Pittsburgh.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But they worked seven years to make sure they're perfect.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
I stayed at a friend's apartment in Brooklyn this past weekend that they had inherited from their aunt, who I guess was a big Rangers booster back in the day. I felt like a vampire in a cathedral, but it still felt pretty cool to brush shoulders with Real Hockey History.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

lol I saw this while I was watching the game. Pretty awful

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/JasonGregor/status/1580424195015860224

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

I know shouldn't be surprised by any Gretzky stats but 317gp for 700 points is hilarious

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Avs good

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Not Important posted:

I stayed at a friend's apartment in Brooklyn this past weekend that they had inherited from their aunt, who I guess was a big Rangers booster back in the day. I felt like a vampire in a cathedral, but it still felt pretty cool to brush shoulders with Real Hockey History.

Neato. I'm jealous.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Ducks beybeee!

The team is exactly as good and as bad as expected. Weak backchecking, defense like swiss cheese and half the shots on goal compared to their opponent.

But that's okay when Terry is roofing backhanders, Ziggy is sniping top corners (and making fancy moves no one else is prepared to follow up on), Frankie is slapping the black off the puck and McTavish is making ice cold passes in the crease.

Every new addition to the team is looking great honestly (although it's a small sample size), but the old guard was largely unimpressive. The third line feels lacking in identity, being neither big scorers nor effective at shutting down offense.

I hope they can sneak into the playoffs so the young guns can cut their teeth a bit on the first round at least.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Not Important posted:

hell yeah. Queen

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Rolling it back with the same awful, awful defence might not have been the best idea.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
crazy now when you see how much fan interaction they used to allow with the cup(s). had an office bro that had a photo of him lifting the cup above his head with both hands in his lightning jersey (before they had even won one((3 cups in 30 years baybee)))

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Not Important posted:

This rules.

I have a signed Steve Larmer photo and the newsday with 1940 and the 1 and 0 are crossed out.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Your friend's aunt is 90s New York epitomized and I love her. God rest her beautiful soul.

Why does she have a signed version of what appears to be the Vancouver Sun from when the Rangers went up 3-1 in 94?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I didn't watch the game but I see the Avs trounced Chicago.

The NHL should always schedule the banner raising against some scrubs. Give the fans an extta boost.

Wonderllama posted:

crazy now when you see how much fan interaction they used to allow with the cup(s). had an office bro that had a photo of him lifting the cup above his head with both hands in his lightning jersey (before they had even won one((3 cups in 30 years baybee)))

Were his pants wrinkled?

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 13, 2022

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

triple sulk posted:

this is italian erasure

Shut up, Tony.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Cocaine Bear posted:

Shut up, Tony.

lol

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Not sure what the NHL was going for here, but it looks like there's a whole lot of not hockey in the grey countries and then "Oh, look at that, Spain is way up in the corner semi-geographically accurate sorta!"

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Mind_Taker posted:

:yeah:

Not going to take too much from one game but Fehervary-Carlson sucked as a pair last year and they stank tonight. Hopefully that changes.

I thought Fehervary was at least busting his rear end. Carlson's effort on that Krejci goal was atrocious. (And typical for him.)

https://twitter.com/SpokedZ/status/1580370036518420480

On the plus side, Orlov-Jensen pairing was quite good and that Strome-Mantha-Protas line was on fire.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

th3t00t posted:

This is Matias at the Bills slaughter of Pittsburgh.

We love this poo poo in Buffalo. He’s good at defense, the Sabres just had absolutely atrocious goaltending last year. If Anderson or UPL can stay healthy they will do better. Maybe not playoff caliber but anyway here’s tonight’s lines, probably:

Skinner-Thompson-Olofsson
Quinn-Mittelstadt-Tuch
Krebs-Cozens-Peterka
Girgensens-Asplund-Okposo

Samuelsson-Dahlin
Power-Jokiharju
Bryson-Lyubushkin

Anderson

Three of those players are 30 or older. The guys on the third line are each like 19-20 lol this season is going to be wild!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Were his pants wrinkled?

No no you see that wasn't actually him he lied when he said it was him in the photo it was actually a coworker dressed like that, he was too busy to go.