Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Keqing, Xingqiu, and Xiangling all have a similar looking although different in the end one handed stab in their normal attacks.

Beidou and Xinyan have nearly identical NA1-4, although Beidou's are overall faster because she has a NA5 while Xinyan doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Just chiming in that the Sumeru sound track is :krad:

I went afk for a bit with the game open, and it's kinda remarkable how well the soundtrack works as BGM. They need to add it to the full OST right away.

I've been using the Port Ormos theme in my teapot since 3.0 and I usually make a point to stick around and listen to it after im done with the upkeep

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Excelzior posted:

I've been using the Port Ormos theme in my teapot since 3.0 and I usually make a point to stick around and listen to it after im done with the upkeep

:same:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm just glad that Mihoyo has finally learned that you can have a lot more freedom in your character design if you don't force every character to wield a small number of weapons (even if they learned how to completely cheat that in Honkai already). If the ZZZ characters were in a previous game the giant bear with the rocket concrete pillar thing would just use a greatsword or some poo poo and that's depressing.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I don't know why they don't have every piece of music available for the teapot. I don't have my favorite. :mad:

Sumeru has some great tunes, looking forward to the soundtrack release but aside from this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPXbHdZUcek

Cyno's trailer music is awesome. No official release yet but this gets close

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC8gzVVhe6A

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I would have thought getting all clearance and fighting a boss on top of the upside down floating pyramid would have been the end of the desert world quest, but it keeps going huh.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Excelzior posted:

Kale
May 14, 2010

I still love that the latest Itto arc just ends with him being in jail again and thats it. Anyway I'm still flabbergasted at my completely unintentional Tighnari/Venti in 55 pulls acquisition. I'm back up to 30 pity with about 15K+8.3K Primo/Genesis crystals, but that kind of makes it trickier to get Nilou/Nahida back to back especially if I lose a 50/50 and or go deep on either of them. Theres going to be at least one character that I really want somewhere in the next few patches thats just gonna have to wait till next time, but yeah.

Oh btw apparently part 1 of the final arc for Honkai Impacts current story starts in China tomorrow and Mihoyo got some award from Chinas Tourism and Culture department. Pretty big month for a company started by a geeky Evangelion fan who once got laughed off the stage at an investors forum for making a pitch about making it big by catering games with pretty girls to otakus.

Kale fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 12, 2022

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I would have thought getting all clearance and fighting a boss on top of the upside down floating pyramid would have been the end of the desert world quest, but it keeps going huh.

Yeah, best part of the game imo. Tomb raider is way more my jam than whatever the lovely 3.0-3.4 archon quest stuff is.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
It's pretty good. I just wish the underground parts had a map.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have played through some story quests and the final archon quest I have yet to complete and I would like to express that Itto is my friend, he is incredibly stupid, and I love him for it.

Not a fan of the actual writing in his quest (weird as all hell outside of Itto himself) but I could listen to him say stupid poo poo for hours.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Maybe they should scale down the size of every interior because that much space is just not necessary. Huge room after huge room adds nothing.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
It makes the camera feel decidedly less poo poo than it does when you're in a tiny tunnel.

They just need to solve the plainly insurmountable problem of "having interior maps without being a different world." I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Zenostein posted:

It makes the camera feel decidedly less poo poo than it does when you're in a tiny tunnel.

They just need to solve the plainly insurmountable problem of "having interior maps without being a different world." I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually.
According to highly-reliable leakers I just made up, Natlan is planned to include an underground zone inside a volcano, featuring a fully-3D map in the style of Metroid Prime.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Albedo wanter here, thanks for all the advice earlier! I think I'll wait for another chance and aim for Nahida for the time being.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

FractalSandwich posted:

According to highly-reliable leakers I just made up, Natlan is planned to include an underground zone inside a volcano, featuring a fully-3D map in the style of Metroid Prime.

I love goron city.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

if they want people to invest in more characters to play events they should make doing so more fun, or at least a lot faster

I don't know how to make it 'fun' but I would appreciate some kind of alternative. Give me an option to turn down claiming rewards for a an even more difficult version of the fight that gives more rewards or add drops like Dust of Azoth that lets you turn gems into boss drops.

It might be kinda spiteful to the work they do in making the bosses to do that though.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
So a bit over 30 rolls past the "I can live with that" of Cyno, I'm done pulling on this banner and have no Kuki Shinobu.

How well can Dori take her place in a hyperbloom team? Actually maybe I could use Barbara and Fischl instead and have Sucrose do most of the procs. Does Sucrose make Barbara's hydro application even remotely acceptable? I'll have to test that tomorrow.

But I'd still like to know if Dori is worth using or if she's just completely outclassed by Shinobu at this point.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Excelzior posted:

Another :same:, awesome track. Sumeru's music overall is just fantastic, and I'm one of those heathens who usually lower the music in games.

Sanctum posted:

Maybe they should scale down the size of every interior because that much space is just not necessary. Huge room after huge room adds nothing.

I love huge interiors (even if they make no sense)! Still relatively early in the quest, but I've had a couple "wow" experiences transitioning to new areas. Not having a map feels punishing though, especially as they apparantly force you to backtrack with higher clearance.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Kale posted:

I still love that the latest Itto arc just ends with him being in jail again and thats it.

If you talk to Cyno while he's chilling in Ribat after his quest chain You find out he arrested Dori for trying to charge him for supplies

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

valuum posted:

Another :same:, awesome track. Sumeru's music overall is just fantastic, and I'm one of those heathens who usually lower the music in games.

I love huge interiors (even if they make no sense)! Still relatively early in the quest, but I've had a couple "wow" experiences transitioning to new areas. Not having a map feels punishing though, especially as they apparantly force you to backtrack with higher clearance.

The tablet you get at the beginning of the first quest has a list of POIs and will breadcrumb you to them if you click the right options in it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
After doing the math it turns out EM goblet is really bad on tighnari compared to dendro. My dendro goblet with 6.2% CD outperforms my 6.6% CR, 17% CD EM goblet. And even after making that switch ATK sands is > EM sands. I guess aggravate really doesn't care much about going above 300 EM.

Captain France posted:

So a bit over 30 rolls past the "I can live with that" of Cyno, I'm done pulling on this banner and have no Kuki Shinobu.

How well can Dori take her place in a hyperbloom team? Actually maybe I could use Barbara and Fischl instead and have Sucrose do most of the procs. Does Sucrose make Barbara's hydro application even remotely acceptable? I'll have to test that tomorrow.

But I'd still like to know if Dori is worth using or if she's just completely outclassed by Shinobu at this point.
Dori can't take kuki's place in that team at all unfortunately. You can think about her in teams where you want an electro healer and won't be hugging the enemy (like Tighnari+Yae for example).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Oct 13, 2022

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

If they arent going to put a full on cave map in the game (which they really should, the interlocking cave system under the desert is massive, and I got very lost several times trying to find the other side of connecting doors to open them) I would at the very least appreciate an indicator on the map if a teleport point or domain is underground or above ground. Would just save a bit of time when I get the weasel chasing commission and I jump to the nearest teleport point... then have to open the map back up to jump to the nearest *above ground* teleport point

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

ThePineapple posted:

What teams is Albedo "meta" on, nowadays? And do people have any predictions for what Nahida's best teams will be?
I'm also trying to decide if I should roll for Nilou, Albedo, or even Cyno before getting Nahida. For context I have ~30K primos and am 70 rolls into pity - I'm definitely guaranteeing myself Nahida, but if I get a 5* before her, in the worst case scenario I'll end up spending a lot of those primos to guarantee Nahida, and there are characters coming after like Scaramouche that I'd be interested in too
Albedo isn't meta but this game doesn't require meta at all. He is a boost to any team you just want to gently caress around with though. He's easy to build and easy off field bonus damage.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Oct 13, 2022

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I think I’m going to casually pull for Albedo because I also want constellations for at least two of the 4*s. Not going to scrimp every primo or anything, and since I’m on 0 pity it probably won’t get me anything. But if I pull him, cool. I have an R3 Cinnabar Spindle not doing anything else.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

SiKboy posted:

If they arent going to put a full on cave map in the game (which they really should, the interlocking cave system under the desert is massive, and I got very lost several times trying to find the other side of connecting doors to open them) I would at the very least appreciate an indicator on the map if a teleport point or domain is underground or above ground. Would just save a bit of time when I get the weasel chasing commission and I jump to the nearest teleport point... then have to open the map back up to jump to the nearest *above ground* teleport point

I put markers on my map next to underground points.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

SiKboy posted:

I'm sympathetic to not having a map just because it lets the devs not worry about making clear layers to the above ground and below ground and it would spoil some of the interesting connections between below and above you find (as well as the size of the underground in general). I definitely agree about the upper/lower indicators though.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I think an underground map would have to be revealed separately from the above ground map at least.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
It would be ideal for it to unfog one room at a time, yeah.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
I think getting the underground map as a reward for the Soheil quest chain would be cool.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I made Shinobu my first level 90, and also stacked her up to 737 EM. The game is no longer warning me that the entire world is "highly dangerous", and I'm enjoying my 20,744 damage hyperblooms.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

FractalSandwich posted:

I made Shinobu my first level 90, and also stacked her up to 737 EM. The game is no longer warning me that the entire world is "highly dangerous", and I'm enjoying my 20,744 damage hyperblooms.
Equip a deepwood set on someone (doesnt matter who in the party has it). You should see big number get bigger.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

Equip a deepwood set on someone (doesnt matter who in the party has it). You should see big number get bigger.
I do have some Deepwood pieces. Their main stats are bad and I don't have them levelled, but I guess that doesn't even matter for this team. I just need everyone else to apply their elements so Shinobu can blow poo poo up.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yeah - if you're using someone like collei or dendro traveler you can just give them four bad level 0 pieces + ER offset sands and it will still boost the hyperbloom damage (should be by 27% or so).

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5DeAD_uXE0

Nilou trailer 2 for those interested. Theres shockingly lots of dancing and water

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Missed opportunity for a character that does capoeira

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Missed opportunity for a character that does capoeira

Pretty sure that'd be in Natlan not Sumeru.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't track it, I'm fighting the Aeon Blight Drake and this quest keeps appearing and disappearing but I can't find it in my quest list. Is it just a 10 friendship EXP random quest or should it be something that sticks around and saves?

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

I can't track it, I'm fighting the Aeon Blight Drake and this quest keeps appearing and disappearing but I can't find it in my quest list. Is it just a 10 friendship EXP random quest or should it be something that sticks around and saves?

It’s a pop up friendship quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

It's one of the random quests you see 10 of max per day, programmed to appear above the aeonblight drake tunnel. Honestly I'm surprised this kind of thing hasn't happened before but it is pretty annoying.