Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Phanatic posted:

The more things change.

Before I noticed the shop I was wondering why his head was so big and why he was proportioned as a toddler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Milo and POTUS posted:

Before I noticed the shop I was wondering why his head was so big and why he was proportioned as a toddler

That was actually true originally too.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/TheBest_Viral/status/1580155904552742912

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Empty Sandwich posted:

the one in my grad school town was entirely staffed by neo-nazis (I don't think this was corporate policy or anything, just a... thing that happened.)

Jesus Christ.
There’s a Quiznos still around near me but their prices keep going up so people aren’t going. In fact they just raised them again last week.

It was the third hike.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

It's a poplar breed, but they get board easily.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Velocity Raptor posted:

It's a poplar breed, but they get board easily.

oh poo poo oh poo poo

Boarder Collie

e,c:

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 04:05 on Oct 13, 2022

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

To catch the stick, one must first become the stick.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

owned

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Empty Sandwich posted:

the one in my grad school town was entirely staffed by neo-nazis (I don't think this was corporate policy or anything, just a... thing that happened.)

Ohhh, so that's what the Q is in QAnon.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
I have never been to this Quizno's, which is 8 minutes walk from my house. Perhaps I should go before it's too late

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tad Naff posted:

I have never been to this Quizno's, which is 8 minutes walk from my house. Perhaps I should go before it's too late

Hey, you could make quite a good afternoon stopping along that route. Get your hot sub, wash it down with a Colt 45 and then let the origami masters at Paper Crane give you a happy ending.

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:

Lobok posted:

Hey, you could make quite a good afternoon stopping along that route. Get your hot sub, wash it down with a Colt 45 and then let the origami masters at Paper Crane give you a happy ending.

And this is the quiet, undeveloped end of Commercial Drive! (Which means basically that I have hobos that live in my alley). I had no idea there was a massage place there, it's a weird building that changes tenants on a weekly basis. Used to be a weed shop, actor agency, videogame dev sweatshop...

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

Tad Naff posted:

god that's weird seeing people randomly on the internet that live like, five blocks away from me

edit: and holy crap, a Quiznos. I had no idea, Quiznos rules

ante has a new favorite as of 05:53 on Oct 13, 2022

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The only quiznos near me recently turned into a jersey Mike's :(
There are already two other JMs within a 10 minute drive of my house.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw3-yO5pN5A

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

its all nice on rice posted:

My building is right next to a JM's, I get cheaper sandwiches from the Dunkin Donuts across the street.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

My building is right next to a JM's, I get cheaper sandwiches from the Dunkin Donuts across the street.

Finding out you could make HP laserjets display whatever message you sent them over SNMP was fun

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I miss Quiznos all the time. Sure each one was a bazillion calories but eating one over two meals was pretty decent.

Now there's a Jersey Mike's nearby and the manager cannot stop SHOUT TALKING to everyone he sees.
Like every obnoxious American stereotype rolled in to one.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Finding out you could make HP laserjets display whatever message you sent them over SNMP was fun

Didn't we have a thread full of these back in the day? I seem to recall someone got fired for making their IT people think they'd been hacked.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Inzombiac posted:

I miss Quiznos all the time. Sure each one was a bazillion calories but eating one over two meals was pretty decent.

Now there's a Jersey Mike's nearby and the manager cannot stop SHOUT TALKING to everyone he sees.
Like every obnoxious American stereotype rolled in to one.

When I feel like spending too much on a sandwich I use the Jersey Mike's app and then I can pop in and pop out and not have to fumble with my phone to get my Shore Points if I order in the restaurant. It's also right by an Urgent Care facility so if I take a bite and have a mild heart attack from all the processed meats and cheeses I'm consuming I can shamble in and get an ambulance to a real hospital.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
JM isn't bad as it is insanely overpriced and the best part is this poo poo

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4-e4nlfdRI

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

It's ok, they're just pining.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
...for the fjords?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

... They make win candy over there?

PainterofCrap posted:

Getting more of a VikingKittens vibe.

VikingKittens still rock.

The viking kittens guys also made the quiznos ad.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Mr. Sunshine posted:

...for the fjords?
Doesn't look like a parrot. More of a pit burl imo

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I assume all Supe's friends and neighbours eventually develop cancer from the excessive x-ray exposures.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

I assume all Supe's friends and neighbours eventually develop cancer from the excessive x-ray exposures.

Where do you think all the mutated villains that hate superman come from?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Didn't we have a thread full of these back in the day? I seem to recall someone got fired for making their IT people think they'd been hacked.

On old Sun workstations if you wrote anything to /dev/console it would instantly appear on the screen in large letters, regardless of what else was going on. Didn't even need root access.
I once remote-logged-in to a coworker's machine while he was working, and did something like
echo "*** SYSTEM WARNING *** Hard drive on fire." > /dev/console
and he took one look and ran to get the sysadmin.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IkBdPW545gA

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Facebook Aunt posted:

Thanks for spoiling who was in the picture, rear end in a top hat

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

those are russian ships

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

`Nemesis posted:

those are russian ships

pee air
May 8, 2007

This is not my personal opinion.

Tad Naff posted:

You can also grab a croissant at Seasons Bakery on the way. They're pretty good. (I live a half a block away from you).

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Facebook Aunt posted:

This is kind of a plot point in Watchmen

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

gently caress, I remember that commercial. I will say they got people talking about them because it has to be up there as one of the worst ads ever created.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Jesus Christ.
There’s a Quiznos still around near me but their prices keep going up so people aren’t going. In fact they just raised them again last week.

It was the third hike.

aaghh

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

its all nice on rice posted:

I miss Quizno's, there used to be like 5 of them within a few miles. Then they all shuttered between like 2008-2011 or so, I think there might still be one like 2 hours away in another city. Firehouse are pretty good but I miss getting those giant packed subs, it was like 3 meals for me lol

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Osmosisch posted:

This is kind of a plot point in Watchmen

Also a weird run of Spider-man, where MJ dies of cancer caused by Peter's radioactive spider jizz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holttho
May 21, 2007

`Nemesis posted:

those are russian ships

lol. "...one of..."