Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Gotta love how their response to hearing something they don't like from their husband is to hang up or leave the house or turn off their phone. Great problem resolution there, not frustrating at all for the other party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

"I'm not equipped to care for a child!" I scream at my husband over the phone in reference to a 12 year old.

It was lovely for the husband to just unilaterally declare "I shall care for the boy!" but OP is acting like he got a puppy that's not housebroken.

Groundskeeper Silly
Sep 1, 2005

My philosophy...
The first rule is:
You look good.
I hope I marry a That's Not My Problem type of person.

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

AITA for not handmaking cream cheese?

quote:

I (26F) work at a retail store. We’re all 25-30, except for the front manager (19M), Brad, who is a baker and I know because he went to high school with my little brother. I do a little baking and a little cooking. I’m a better chef, and the only baked goods I can really do are croissants, a special type of bread my Nona taught me, and cheesecakes. Cheesecake is literally the only dessert I can make well.

Brad and I talk a lot about cooking/baking. Brad has started bringing some of his creations to work since a lot of times others bring snacks. I have yet to do this because 1) I don’t eat anything anyone else brings and 2) I make $12 an hour there and I’m working two full time jobs. Besides Brad, these people aren’t my friends. I’m not going to spend my money on them 🤷‍♀️

My store manager Jack (30M) has made a few comments, but never pushed it since he’s even said we don’t get paid much. Recently though, I mentioned to Brad I was making a pumpkin cheesecake for my other coworkers and I got guilted into making one for my retail job.

So, I made it, and I brought it in this morning. Everyone was talking about how good it looked/smelled and how they couldn’t wait for break time to try it. On the register (three registers are connected so Brad, me and one other coworker were all standing by each other), Brad asked about what kind of pie crust I used, and I told him that I made it from scratch, like I usually do. He mentioned that he makes his cream cheese from scratch but can’t make crusts that seem to not get hard. I laughed and said that we’re the opposite.

Jack heard and came unglued. He started saying I was lying about making it from scratch (I never said that except about the crust), I just wanted the prestige of baking without the work, and even called me lazy. So I told him “okay”, went back to the break room, took my cake, and put it in my lunch box since that has freezer packs, and put it in my car. Jack was screaming the whole time, but when I came in, I reminded him I’m entitled to two 15 minute paid breaks. That was one of them.

Now my coworkers are upset because I’m not feeding them, and several are saying they assumed I made everything. Bakers often use premade ingredients, and I only had one day to make this because I was guilted. I didn’t want to in the first place! I feel like if I’m doing them a favor, they should shut up and be happy. Brad is the only one who agrees because he says he often uses premade components. AITA?

there are people who make their own cream cheese??

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The_Franz posted:

There was a follow-up on that one: it was all made up.

The entire story was made up, or the girlfriend was just making up that she didn't like the photo?

Because my first reaction was that the relationship between these 26-year-olds who have been together since they were 15 is just dead and done, but he doesn't realize it and she doesn't want to hurt his feelings, so she's making up some bullshit about a photo to avoid having to move in.

If the entire story is made up top to bottom, I hate the OP.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
How about some nice old fashioned old fashioned?

How to deal with “old maid” comments?

quote:

For context I’m 30 years old, female that’s been dating someone for less than one year. My mom has said “hurry up and get married and have kids because your clock is ticking and no one will want you after.” My grandma chimed in, saying “if you don’t have kids, who will take care of you when you’re older?” I don’t currently have an interest in either children or marriage. I have a great relationship and I’m happy with where I am at in life, with personal goals that don’t involve marriage or children. I am Asian, and my mom has been making comments to my bf about marriage! It’s very uncomfortable to me and we just laugh it off later. She keeps asking “why would you do this to me?” When I tell her I don’t want kids.

TL;dr: how to deal with comments from people who say your clock is ticking?

From the Replies:

quote:

Put on your most patronising voice and say that it might have been like that in their day but it's 2022 and you're doing fine.

quote:

I am a happily married woman, my husband and I have no plans to have kids at all, he had a vasectomy. My mom knows this yet used to constantly ask about kids and I would either change the conversation or ignore her. Finally I had enough one day and straight up said, "Do you and dad still go at it even though you can't have any more kids?" She got so flustered that she quit asking.

quote:

What kind of response are you expecting from this question?

Personally, I'd go with "Hey, mom. Hey, grandma. What's got two thumbs and isn't ever getting married or having kids and doesn't give a gently caress what you think? This girl!!!!"

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for making my roommates think I was recording their sex.

quote:

I (f32) inherited my grandmother's house a couple of years ago. I don't really have a lot of stuff and I live in a HCOL city. So I have roommates. I rent out the basement suite to a nice family and I live on the main floor with a young couple that just finished university.

We had a plumbing issue at my workplace so we got to leave early a couple of weeks ago so I went home only to find them having sex in the living room. I was shocked. They acted surprised that I was home so early.

I asked them if this was a common occurrence and they said it was a spur of the moment thing and that they were very sorry.

I chose to forgive them and I honestly thought about buying a home security camera but I decided to trust them.

Last week I was talking to the dad from the family downstairs and he mentioned that they were considering moving out because of all the sex noise coming from my level.

I'm not a prude but if you are having sex on your bed you won't be making enough noise to bother the neighbors.

So I came up with a simple plan. One afternoon after work I walked over to my mantle and picked up a small figurine and asked my roommates if they had knocked over my security camera because I got notified at work that it stopped recording.

They went white then red. How dare I record them in the privacy of their home. It was a gross invasion and I had better erase anything on it that could cause them shame if it ever got out.

I asked them what they meant. The camera was pointed at the living room couch. What sort of thing could possibly happen there that they were ashamed of. I said I would go to my computer and see what they were talking about.

They admitted that they were having sex in the living room when I wasn't home. I said that they had to pay for a full cleaning of the living room including the couch, chair, rug, throw pillows and blankets. They said I was being unreasonable to expect that.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

sorry but this is complete bullshit because cream cheese is like butter, people aren't making it from scratch when baking.

there's 0 chance the people siding with the insane manager actually cook at all in their lives either.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Dear Prudence,

quote:

Two months ago, my older son “Carl” was supposed to get married to his fiancé “Lisa.” Unfortunately, the night before, Carl discovered Lisa having sex in her hotel room with his older brother “Brad.” This was not out of character for Brad, who I have been estranged from for several years but who Carl remained in touch with. Of course, I was supportive of Carl immediately ending things with Lisa, and I managed the logistics of the canceled wedding.

However, Carl decided to go a step further and set Brad’s car on fire. (It was not occupied at the time.) While I understand the impulse, I really wish he hadn’t done it, and I’ve told him as much. There’s now a whole legal issue going on between them and Carl is broke because of it (and because Lisa moved out so he’s paying all of the mortgage). I’m certainly going to continue being someone Carl can talk to, but how involved should I be in supporting him financially throughout this?

—Not My Best Parenting Moment

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
This Waiting to Exhale reboot sucks

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Cowslips Warren posted:

WIBTA For denying my siblings new gaming laptops because I won’t dress up for Halloween

Gee I wonder what the stepdad's fave movie is. A new take on the "BE LIKE ME LIKE WHAT I LIKE" poo poo.

Happy update of people talking:

quote:

UPDATE:

So the laptops arrived while I away away at school, and my stepdad just came and asked if I had an answer for the offer. I took that time to talk to him about what you guys all said, about how it made me uncomfortable going out dressed like that, and how it was unfair and manipulative of him to use the laptops and my brothers to blackmail me into doing it. He initially brushed me off again as being dramatic and sensitive, so I then decided to show him this post and your guy’s comments.

I think then it finally clicked in his head what he had been doing, and he apologized, told me that they had just been excited about their idea and thought it would be funny. He also said that I was right about the laptops and he wouldn’t hold them over me anymore, and we could have them whatever my choice was.

He also apologized for making fun of me in the past, and said that he and my mom would stop, and hold my siblings accountable if they were doing it too.

In the end, we came to an agreement for me to dress up for a family photo or two, and then I could get back into regular and hand out candy like I usually do, so I guess it’s a happy ending, and everyone gets what they want.

Thank you all so much, it might not seem like a big deal, but you all helped out a lot today!

PS: I’ll also keep a close eye on things, since I did see a lot of comments that suggested that there were some more … sinister things going on. I’ll be sure to update or make another post if that’s the case, but for now, it seems like things are good for now, my parents just got a bit carried away and didn’t consider my feelings about the situation.

Still the stepson shouldn't have needed to be the adult there, but take the wins you can.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Eh, I dunno - the way the stepdad was literally bribing his kids & trying to start a fight among them was super lovely. I wouldn't put it past him to try this again in the future (with something not Napoleon Dynamite) then play dumb about it.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
r/relationships: However, Carl decided to go a step further and set Brad’s car on fire.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

Ah, but OP was having lunch with their mom, someone who certainly has no frame of reference for why it might be important to pick a child up from school on time.

both the OP and her husband had prior obligations. why are her obligations less important than his, considering the responsibility of caring for the child is something he signed her up for unilaterally?

unless you work at a horrible company full of assholes, an excellent excuse to get out of a meeting going on forever is to say "sorry i've got a hard stop, i have to go get my nephew from school" and then you're gone. childcare is a get out of long meeting free card. dude squandered a bulletproof excuse to hit the bricks while also managing to instigate a huge fight with his wife by crossing a clearly defined boundary laid down as a consequence of his own behavior

OP could be more accommodating but on the other hand it is extremely lovely of OP's husband to simply bring a child into the house and announce that from this point forward, there is extra work duty for everyone (aka you, wife, the child carer)

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

I agree that it should have been a discussion between OP and the husband, it's a really bad dynamic for one person to be like "hey I'm bringing this kid into our house FYI" and another person to be like "okay well he's your problem". Bad dynamic for everyone including the kid, I feel bad for him. I don't know what the solve is, at this point maybe they need to reconsider their relationship since it sounds like this is a big thing they fundamentally can't agree on, and that's a super weird environment to bring a kid into.

And honestly a lot of people do work for a horrible company full of assholes, if they're in America in particular.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Cowslips Warren posted:

I am not understanding why OP thinks that bed sex is inherently less noisy than living room sex.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

I like baking. I like taking an extra step and making a reduction, syrup, or caramel from scratch. Making your own cream cheese is on the level of milling your own goddamn flour: Psychotic.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

I agree that it should have been a discussion between OP and the husband, it's a really bad dynamic for one person to be like "hey I'm bringing this kid into our house FYI" and another person to be like "okay well he's your problem". Bad dynamic for everyone including the kid, I feel bad for him. I don't know what the solve is, at this point maybe they need to reconsider their relationship since it sounds like this is a big thing they fundamentally can't agree on, and that's a super weird environment to bring a kid into.

And honestly a lot of people do work for a horrible company full of assholes, if they're in America in particular.

I have a feeling OP is probably leaving a lot out. Also if your spouse is a decent human being at all then there would be no question that they would be OK taking in a 12 year old whose father was undergoing cancer treatment. The fact that she’d have a problem with it makes her the rear end in a top hat from the start.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AITA- Banned for following rules... not sure if this is allowed sry!

quote:

I was recently permanently banned from "r/food" and I want to know... AITA?

so I posted 3 pictures of food I made, followed by the links to the recipes I used.

I was immediately banned for spamming. Keep in mind this is my single post here, followed the guidelines and the format provided.

I contacted the mod as is stated, I explained my situation and they said I'm banned for promoting my website... "Tasteofhome.com" is apparently my website...

I also explained I wanted to reach out to the mod instead of taking it directly to Reddit, because I didn't want anyone in trouble for a stupid misunderstanding.

He reviewed the post... My ban was reduced to 6 months for "strong arm tactics" and "idle threats" .. Ummm what?

He then muted me and no chance of appeal, but on the rules there was a user who created them so I contacted them to see what the issue was and why I'm still banned and attempted to explain I wasn't trying to be rude or threaten anyone, that I was explaining my next step, especially because the response was hostile and escalated the situation for NOT BREAKING THE RULES.

My ban was reinstated to permanent and I was told I'm being reported for "threats" and "harassment"... Harassment is contacting the mods (once mind you) and following the proper hierarchy that's established?

So I need opinion and feedback if possible, was I in the wrong and AITA here?

Thanks and stay safe everyone!

Redditor posted:

I'm not sure that you are aware of the rules of that sub.
Titles May Only Contain the Food's Name
70% of the title has to specifically describe what the food is. Backstory does not fall within the 70%.
Titles worded to solicit votes directly or indirectly will be removed. Backstory to the food / where the ingredients come from (leftover, last nights, home grown) do not fall within the 70% and must only take up 30% of the title.
Examples can be found here: /r/food/wiki/index
Add a Tag at the Front of Your Title
The available tags are:
[I ate] - You went to a place and most likely exchanged money to eat this. This tag includes restaurants, food trucks, etc.
[Homemade] - Food you made. This includes food made from scratch, or food assembled from pre-made ingredients.
[Pro/Chef] - You work in a food-related industry and made it. Chefs, pastry chefs, bakers, butcher, sous chef, and food photographers all fit into this category.
No Low-Quality Posts or Comments
We don't allow any:
Non-Original Content Posts (original content--stuff you made/photographed)
Self-Promotion
Blog Links

Video Posts
Watermarks/Superimposed Text
Dietary Activism
Politics
Chain/Pre-Packaged Food
Low-Resolution/Poorly Composed Images

I added bold to the violations of your post. When a mod says no links, they mean it.

Oh, reddit :allears:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Das Boo posted:

I like baking. I like taking an extra step and making a reduction, syrup, or caramel from scratch. Making your own cream cheese is on the level of milling your own goddamn flour: Psychotic.

It's also probably a lie.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

therobit posted:

I am not understanding why OP thinks that bed sex is inherently less noisy than living room sex.

From what I'm understanding of the reading, the two people having sex live on the 2nd floor of the building but have access to the first floor shared spaces, the basement family live in the basement as it's fully furnished. They complained about sex noises and the owner was confused as to how loud these people were being that, if they were having sex on their bed on the 2nd floor, they could hear them in the basement. The answer was apparently because they were just loving on every single available surface on the first floor.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

therobit posted:

I have a feeling OP is probably leaving a lot out. Also if your spouse is a decent human being at all then there would be no question that they would be OK taking in a 12 year old whose father was undergoing cancer treatment. The fact that she’d have a problem with it makes her the rear end in a top hat from the start.

yeah gee its just too bad the OP's husband didn't have time to sit down and have a conversation with her about a major temporary life change with a host of additional responsibilities. its just a darn shame that *checks notes* being diagnosed with cancer and scheduled for chemotherapy just happens overnight like that

if the spouse were that decent of a human being and someone who treats their spouse like an equal rather than a junior partner, then that conversation is pretty important to have!

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

I mean, I get it, but I think in a broader sense it's more "Can you do this thing that's really important to me?" If that's a concession OP can make for their partner, great, but if not, they're basically at an impasse. This is clearly important to the husband, OP doesn't want to be involved, cool, they should probably break up at this point.

For the record, I think OP is being an rear end in a top hat, but I also understand why they aren't happy with the situation.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

This is clearly important to the husband,

not that important if he's not willing leave work about it. turns out when you're caring for a child sometimes you have to suddenly leave work to go take care of some child stuff. nah, make the bangmaid do it

and if his job is so important that he can't leave work? well that just makes it extra dickish to bring in a child you intend for your spouse to take primary custody of without even checking with them first. but hey, at least OP's husband is a good guy who takes care of his own family (except his wife) right?

e: its not really about compromises in the relationship, its about how the OP's husband disrespects her and then ignores her boundaries. how do you compromise with someone who seems to feel like you should be compliant and obedient with their decisions?

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 13, 2022

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I would hate roommates loving in public spaces too, but OP went about this in a pretty weirdo way imo. Why can't people just be upfront and have healthy confrontation lol.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITA- Banned for following rules... not sure if this is allowed sry!

Oh, reddit :allears:

I have no skin in that debate, and your highlighting of those rules implies that something is wrong with them, but it seems reasonable? "Don't post outside links, ever. Yes, even that one." is both concise and sometimes needed as everyone will always try to wiggle out and plug their blog or whatever. Doesn't take any effort to post the recipe inline. We even have the same rule in this thread; don't directly link to the poo.

Actually I'll put my 2c in, I'll believe any accusations that the OP is acting in bad faith. Why are they dragging that petty crap into other forums?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Serephina posted:

I have no skin in that debate, and your highlighting of those rules implies that something is wrong with them, but it seems reasonable? "Don't post outside links, ever. Yes, even that one." is both concise and sometimes needed as everyone will always try to wiggle out and plug their blog or whatever. Doesn't take any effort to post the recipe inline. We even have the same rule in this thread; don't directly link to the poo.

Actually I'll put my 2c in, I'll believe any accusations that the OP is acting in bad faith. Why are they dragging that petty crap into other forums?

I'm waiting for some goon to make an AITA post about getting a sixer in this thread.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Snuff Melange posted:

I would hate roommates loving in public spaces too, but OP went about this in a pretty weirdo way imo. Why can't people just be upfront and have healthy confrontation lol.

They were already confronted on the topic and lied about it.

"Pretending to have proof to trick someone who wronged you into admitting it" is one of those things that seems pretty clearly OK to me if you're right and it works, but I guess :decorum:

Co-worker (37M) left his wife (36F) for me (26F) and won't/can't accept I'm no longer interested now I found out he's married.

quote:

Throwaway for obvious reasons.

I'm in the UK, been back in the office for 2 months now.

A new co-worker, who I'll refer to by the fake name Simon, told me the other day he's left his wife and kids for me.

Simon's an American who's been here since March 2020; but I didn't get to meet him until after lockdowns and the office reopened.

We managed to flirt now and then on company nights out which was someone's retirement party and news our company bought a smaller one.

I got on better with the girls in my office than the guys; they weren't truly misogynistic, but they were a bit sport-obsessed and some naive about interacting with women socially, even if they were good at the job.

I work for a firm that employs 230 people, now boosted to 285 with the takeover.

Anyway, me and Simon had been sexting, we'd had passion since we met, got flirty over WhatsApp; he'd even sexted me photos of him in lingerie claimning it was a joke.

However, I only just found out a week ago that he was married and he's dumped his wife and twin daughters and moved into a smaller flat so he can be with me.

I told him no; I already live 1.5 hours drive away from London. He couldn't accept it and got all weepy and emotional.

He said he really wanted a proper date with me in a posh London restaurant and for us to be a proper couple, and to leave his kids for me, said they don't need him in their lives anyway.

Now I'm regretting this fling which never got phyiscal anyway, but wondering how I COULD be so foolish.

As it is, I've considered quitting this job and getting one that pays 60% more than my current £19,500-a-year salary.

I'm stressed and upset and don't know how to cope.

Please help.

tl;dr: Found out man I was flirting with but not dating was married... what to do now?

sorry OP, he's imprinted on you, you're obligated to keep him now

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Fake. No american would ever refer to a restaurant as posh.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Savage For The Winjun posted:

Unless they were doing an affectation.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

perhaps the op doesn't want to reveal the specific restaurant suggested

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
She could have been rewording what he said. Lmao he really jumped the gun. What are his (I'm guessing) American former family gonna do now stuck in the UK?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Imagine trying to sell yourself as a partner by bragging how ready you are to dump your kids, who won't notice you out of their lives anyway. Real prize winner here.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I don't know, why did Jesus write the Bible?

To get pussy. Duh.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

AITA for not going to aunt’s family party when she lied about why I wasn’t allowed at her wedding?

quote:

Ok just some context so this makes sense: I’m a kleptomaniac. I’ve been in trouble with the police before because of it about a year ago, and my aunt was really ashamed of that as I was stealing things from her and that’s how I got caught. Nothing really happened past the police visit though which is why she’s still cautious.

So, me (17M) and my siblings (11 and 13 F) weren’t allowed at our aunt’s (32F) wedding as it was a kids free wedding and I’m still 17. But then I found out my cousin, who is 16, was there so I asked my mum about it and she ended up telling me the truth why I wasn’t allowed, which is for my stealing. (My younger siblings still weren’t allowed but the wedding was +15). She said she didn’t want to run the risk of anything kicking off, especially since she had her wedding in a fancy venue. Which is understandable I just don’t see why she would lie to me about it which is what I’m upset about. I told my mum I was upset about this, which will be relevant soon.

She was having a small family party the day after but I was still mad at her lying so I said to my mum that I wasn’t gonna go, since that’s how I felt about her lying. She didn’t force me, and her and my siblings went instead and I thought that would be the end of it. But nope, got a call from my aunt while she was very drunk asking me where I was. She said she missed me and that I shouldn’t care about the wedding because it didn’t matter anyway (I assume my mum told her). She also said that it was for my own good that I wasn’t invited to the wedding, but I told her that it’s for her own good that I wasn’t there. She hung up on me for that and then the next day, which is today, my mum has been giving me silent treatment so I think i definitely went too far

AITA? I wouldn’t be mad if she didn’t lie because I know my issue is a problem, and it especially has been in the past for her, but I don’t see why she can’t just be honest with me. We’ve talked about kleptomania before so it’s not exactly taboo.
I feel like everything past the first paragraph is unnecessary, hell maybe even the first sentence.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Does anyone have that (I believe it was posted by a goon) story about the OP forcing his girlfriend to open his relationship to sleep with a coworker, her finally relenting after tears, and then discovering the coworker who he thought was flirtatious was in fact gay and just being nice to him? Cherry on top was his still-then GF sleeping with a gym dude who made her very happy in bed, and the OP now wanting to close the relationship again?

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Savage For The Winjun posted:

actually, i do, regularly

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

AITA for telling him to get rid of the dog after the dog ate all of my food?

quote:

We are both 26. Just for background, I have been telling him to rehome the dog for months. He brought the dog home 4 months ago. His mother "gifted" him the dog behind my back and I knew for an absolute fact that we were not in a spot financially to care for this animal. He refused, saying he was already attached to the dog and she was "too cute" to rehome and he felt like he couldn't rehome the dog due to the amount of money his mother spent on the dog for him ($1200). This is a dog breed he has been wanting for as long as I've known him.

Anyways, it started getting incredibly frustrating recently because the dog, who is 2 years old, has behavioral and medical issues and we are now in debt. We are almost $200 overdrawn in our bank account due to an unexpected trip to the emergency vet (I told him not to bring her and that she was fine- he brought her anyways). $650 later and overdrafting or account, the vet told him the dog was just high (my husband's buddie was over and smoking Infront of the dog so she was stoned). So he over drafted our account knowingly neither of us get paid until next week to make sure his dog was okay. We have no food in the house and now have no money for gas to get to work. My boss was lenient enough to let me work from home but my husband has to be in office. His boss knows we are struggling and is super generous and actually bought both me and my husband food today. They came to drop it off with me at noon. When I tell you I was drooling thinking about eating for the first time in two days, it would be an understatement. Just note that the dog has plenty of food.

So they bring the food over and come inside and put it on the table. I go to hug my husband and his boss saying thank you and that dog got up on my table, knocked the food down and wolfed it down in point two seconds flat. I immediately started crying and telling him to get the dog out of here and I was done. Oddly enough, his boss is on my side (not only because of the money but because he knows I'm spiraling from the stress of this). My husband on the other hand is telling me I'm being overdramatic and not thinking clearly because I'm hungry and says not only am I "incredibly selfish and inconsiderate" but he won't rehome her. AITA?
Letting my wife starve for two days because I got my dog high and brought him to the vet.

The top 30 comments are all "Rehome the husband".

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Co-worker (37M) left his wife (36F) for me (26F) and won't/can't accept I'm no longer interested now I found out he's married.

As it is, I've considered quitting this job and getting one that pays 60% more than my current £19,500-a-year salary.

Not the point of the story but why did OP need some sort of inciting incident to do this??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Kurieg posted:

AITA for not going to aunt’s family party when she lied about why I wasn’t allowed at her wedding?

I feel like everything past the first paragraph is unnecessary, hell maybe even the first sentence.

kid is a klepto and is being honest about it but the meat of this story imo is the OP learning the aunt can do childish things - lying about the wedding and asking "why did she lie?" (to save face) and then having to deal with the awkward situation of a drunk adult family member calling you and being emotional about something. i dont want to get drunk dials from anyone, let alone my aunt, while i'm still a minor