Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So it took me like a week to realize that items in the craftwork don’t give exp… I’ve missed out on a lot of exp :bang:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

MarcusSA posted:

So it took me like a week to realize that items in the craftwork don’t give exp… I’ve missed out on a lot of exp :bang:

hitting 99 crafting is not really that difficult

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

LLSix posted:

I so regret not selling my steaks yesterday. If I had, I'd have been able to buy another round today.\

I'm on Corn Quandry III. The quest chain that repeatedly asks for 200 Corn. Is this the start of corn jail?

Welcome to corn jail.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
For those wondering what the new farm info perk looks like:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Tahirovic posted:

For those wondering what the new farm info perk looks like:

What's your Sawmill/Hay Field/Quarry levels?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

They don't?

Edit: also lol I just now hit 99 crafting. The gemstone rings seem to really crank xp.

Just got a quest for 25 watches, 3 rubber ducks, model ship, other stuff. OK here we go again... 3 ciders later I got another ship, another handful later I got the watches. Now what do I need to exchange again for ducks?

Oh right 100:1 watches. :negative:

H110Hawk fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 11, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

They don't?

Na it doesn’t. I left a note on the feature on patreon asking for them to clarify it or at least put a note on the craftworks section stating that it doesn’t give exp.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

MarcusSA posted:

Na it doesn’t. I left a note on the feature on patreon asking for them to clarify it or at least put a note on the craftworks section stating that it doesn’t give exp.

I pretty sure it also doesn't count for the Craft X daily chores either.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

It does count for Mastery, though, which in the end is all that really matters. But yeah, not quite sure why it counts for that but not the other two things.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s not a huge deal it’s just odd that it’s not noted anywhere

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Klungar posted:

It does count for Mastery, though, which in the end is all that really matters. But yeah, not quite sure why it counts for that but not the other two things.

It also doesnt count for lifetime crafts which eventually could be 300 free AK from the 20 million craft achievement

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

a few GMs just got a lot easier
- New Meal: Breakfast Boost - Crops with base growth of 5 mins or less are ready instantly. Effect lasts 5 mins

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kaboobi posted:

- New Meal: Breakfast Boost - Crops with base growth of 5 mins or less are ready instantly. Effect lasts 5 mins

Oh man I need this.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

MarcusSA posted:

Oh man I need this.

Lorn is one of the easier people to level up friendship too.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Kaboobi posted:

But cooking is «optional» :rolleyes:

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

koshmar posted:

Lorn is one of the easier people to level up friendship too.

Too true. When I go exploring I empty my stone / wood depending on location - just easier visually to know when I’ve maxxed my inventory.

Now I get to give Lorn iron cups all the time - he’s the only one I have over 40 friendship with.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

A blessing of nets and spiked shells today for all who need them

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Are those worth spending AC on? I’m really not sure.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Klungar posted:

What's your Sawmill/Hay Field/Quarry levels?

6k stone hourly, 10.8k straw, sawmill close to max inv for both (5.8k).
But I am T149 now with nothing to spend silver on other than lvl7 pets.

Cooking is drat crazy.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
About 10k potatoes for my golden one - not sure what my bonus is, double prizes and whatever else there is so less than that planted.

Didn’t get the normal super rare alert for it, only noticed that Help Needed showed “1 ready”.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
So another day of growing spuds begins….

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Who is holding/selling steak today? I started playing recently but it looks like Risky markets usually are over 50k, so I'm leaning towards holding for another day and hoping to eke out another few thousand profit per.

monkeytennis posted:

So another day of growing spuds begins….

I feel your pain. I'm endlessly growing leeks in the hope of getting that stupid runestone.

Kaboobi posted:

A blessing of nets and spiked shells today for all who need them

I'm not sure if I should spend my AC on spiked shells for the far future need or broccoli. I'm 62/50/68/54 so I'm a long ways from doing the tower and an extra 300k from "free" broccoli sure would be convenient.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

LLSix posted:

Who is holding/selling steak today? I started playing recently but it looks like Risky markets usually are over 50k, so I'm leaning towards holding for another day and hoping to eke out another few thousand profit per.

I feel your pain. I'm endlessly growing leeks in the hope of getting that stupid runestone.

I'm not sure if I should spend my AC on spiked shells for the far future need or broccoli. I'm 62/50/68/54 so I'm a long ways from doing the tower and an extra 300k from "free" broccoli sure would be convenient.

Spiked shells are a huge pain to get. I hope from now until you hit tower you’re throwing salt (for shells) and crab claws (for geckos) into the well!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I did all spiked shells and cracked a couple of 100ac chests. I only have 1200 inventory and broccoli is easy to fill up on still.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Ruggan posted:

Spiked shells are a huge pain to get. I hope from now until you hit tower you’re throwing salt (for shells) and crab claws (for geckos) into the well!

Thanks for the advice. All shells all the time it is.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Vineyard is crazy expensive. I just managed to buy enough grapes to make one grape juice every day. I shudder to think how much it's going to cost to get enough to support my 2 grape juice a day habit. As good as it is, I think maybe I should have held off on buying the grape juice pitcher perk. It's going to be a long time before I can use it.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

LLSix posted:

Vineyard is crazy expensive. I just managed to buy enough grapes to make one grape juice every day. I shudder to think how much it's going to cost to get enough to support my 2 grape juice a day habit. As good as it is, I think maybe I should have held off on buying the grape juice pitcher perk. It's going to be a long time before I can use it.

You’ll get grape juice from pets eventually. I never use the grapes from my vineyard

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

LLSix posted:

Yeah I am in the same position lol

I just got enough for one grape juice lol

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

LLSix posted:

Yeah probably not going to break even until you unlock at least broccoli, which grosses 200k/row and will recoup the investment into gray jay capacity quickly.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

rafikki posted:

You’ll get grape juice from pets eventually. I never use the grapes from my vineyard

Same, at this point I could get by with 0 grapes and I’d still have enough GJ for my 6-a-day. Comes faster than you’d think.

In the meantime just ask for grapes in giveaways chat.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
Grapes get used for fruit punch now, although the limiting ingredient for that is probably peaches, not grapes.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
For some reason I figured GJ was mailable, it isn‘t. But I can send you guys some grapes tomorrow if you post here. I am getting 5k grapes a day now, so it‘s easy to make sure you all can use all your GJ options.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

New strange companions dropped, requires 400 milk so don’t use all of yours on butter like I did this morning not realizing the quest was out.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

rafikki posted:

New strange companions dropped, requires 400 milk so don’t use all of yours on butter like I did this morning not realizing the quest was out.

You say this while I stare at my stock of 50 orange geckos, back to the well I guess.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

friendly reminder that some tower rewards are perks that require you to spend points on them before they activate, from me, the goon who spent several days after unlocking tower 70 and forgetting to spend that critical point to actually activate better large nets :negative:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

rafikki posted:

At least you're only a day from getting it completed.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Still no golden spud fml

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Finally grinded enough honey to finish the level of a tower invested I'm on, and I saved up enough large nets to finish the seaweed of the next level too (even ate some mastery food before blowing through the ~300 or so I needed to use).

The only roadblocks I can see that I have left are spiked shells (about halfway, getting some from the well every day) and cogwheels (I need treasure keys dammit)

I'm excited to see what climbing this tower is all about!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I swear I’m like 3000 hops deep and still no rune stone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Buddy tells me Raptor Claws are significantly more rare than eggs, yet here i am at 6 claws and 1 egg. I defy odds, but only when it doesn't help me.