Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Regalingualius posted:

I’m just curious: what happens if you toss a relic before it’s final form? Do you have to redo the whole thing over?

yes, and S-E is much more stingy than blizzard with item restorations, so be careful

and in fact, the replica vendor for ARR relics doesn't even open until you take one all the way to zeta, on account of they didn't come up with the idea until then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Worse, if you don't trigger a flag by handing in your ARR relic for HW relic progress, you have to keep the ARR relic to have access to the replica. If you get rid of the weapon any other way the vendor also loses the replicas.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Do you have to complete the entirety of the HW relic to have access to the replica vendor as well? I'm doing the whm one (rip no sage HW relic) and progressed past the titty staff and can't get it back yet.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Check the Restoration Node on the same platform as the quest NPCs. You should be able to pick up older model replicas based on the most recent achievement you've gotten for that line of weapons.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's better.

A Guisarme or a glaive would be preferable though. A Glaive-Guisarme would be best.

I'd even take a Bohemiam ear-spoon over a long spear. I'd like more bardiches, maybe give DRG a lucerne hammer. Or even a bec de corbin?

I'm just happy as long as I see no more disgusting fauchards.

If I'm wielding two of them, they can't both be a main gauche! It's a main gauche and a main droite! :arghinfrench:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Also, for the ARR relics, if you're currently working on one stage, but would like to have access to a previous stage for a glamour, you can repurchase those from a Calamity Salvager.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dareon posted:

If I'm wielding two of them, they can't both be a main gauche! It's a main gauche and a main droite! :arghinfrench:

Main gauche and alternate gauche.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Mister Olympus posted:

yes, and S-E is much more stingy than blizzard with item restorations, so be careful

and in fact, the replica vendor for ARR relics doesn't even open until you take one all the way to zeta, on account of they didn't come up with the idea until then

Ohh, yeah, I haven’t actually tossed anything, I was just wondering for curiosity’s sake.

derra posted:

Worse, if you don't trigger a flag by handing in your ARR relic for HW relic progress, you have to keep the ARR relic to have access to the replica. If you get rid of the weapon any other way the vendor also loses the replicas.

Good thing I have no plans to ever do another ARR relic again, then, though that’s still handy to know.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

blatman posted:

i did lost allagan katana for my cyber samurai

Jetstream SAM

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

I don't think even a roeman could achieve Sam's level of thickness

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Zeruel posted:

I'm now remembering someone on Reddit putting out glams for both Ryu and Chun-Li, complete with character recreations. Chun-Li looked great, but Ryu was a little iffy entirely because it's straight-up impossible to make an FFXIV character that loving beefy.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i ran into a Jechtstream Sam once

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cleretic posted:

I'm now remembering someone on Reddit putting out glams for both Ryu and Chun-Li, complete with character recreations. Chun-Li looked great, but Ryu was a little iffy entirely because it's straight-up impossible to make an FFXIV character that loving beefy.

I think if you went for earlier versions and not Chris Redfield Wall Of Beef you could probably do it with a Highlander dude.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Are there any actual just straight up gi-style armors? I swear I haven't seen any which is wild.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Countblanc posted:

Are there any actual just straight up gi-style armors? I swear I haven't seen any which is wild.

There isn't, no, that glam used the Ruby Cotton Gilet of Striking and Dated Hempen Slops. It's not a uniform color, but it got the shape right.

And they actually did go Highlander for both, it's still not wide enough for Ryu.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I've seen some Ryu/Ken glams with the Dalmascan top, but it's a lot more open than you might want.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's close to a goku though

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Zeruel posted:

Challenge accepted, once I get some Late Allagan in me. Boy, that's expensive.

Meanwhile, I know this is a touching story about the sacrifices made and the innocents harmed in war (Seriously I got a little misty about Ga Bu), but Alphinaud just stuck a Carby to Titan's face.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Bruceski posted:

Main gauche and secondary rudeness.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
The 6.2 special site just revealed 'an exciting new emote'!

I can't WAIT to see how this looks on literally every single race.

Loezi
Dec 18, 2012

Never buy the cheap stuff

Cleretic posted:

Spy x Family / Anya fans gonna spend enough on fantasias and this emote to fund the development of the next four expansions alone.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Cleretic posted:

Just say it's SF2 Ryu.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Cleretic posted:

this is gonna look amazing on my roe

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I don't know why, but for the life of me, I can't figure out the english VA for Barbariccia
Everytime I look, I get the VA for the FFIV DS remake from a number of years ago.

I was curious, because I swear she reminds me of one of the Eden bosses and I was curious if they were the same person.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

hazardousmouse posted:

this is gonna look amazing on my roe
this is gonna look amazing on absolutely every character, except perhaps lalafells, so I don't know why they opted to show it off how they did

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the_steve posted:

I don't know why, but for the life of me, I can't figure out the english VA for Barbariccia
Everytime I look, I get the VA for the FFIV DS remake from a number of years ago.

I was curious, because I swear she reminds me of one of the Eden bosses and I was curious if they were the same person.

idk if they allow VAs to announce their participation prior, but they usually get credited in the x.55 credits roll.

...I say "usually" because, as the last live letter Q&A made apparent, they never credited Byakko/Suzaku/Seiryu in 4.55. Weird.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Speaking of the special site, what glasses are those the lalafell is wearing in the adventurer portrait preview?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Countblanc posted:

Speaking of the special site, what glasses are those the lalafell is wearing in the adventurer portrait preview?

That's the Varsity Cap with /visor on. They're sadly not separable from the cap itself, although I'm holding out hope for them to be their own thing one day.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Loezi posted:

Spy x Family / Anya fans gonna spend enough on fantasias and this emote to fund the development of the next four expansions alone.

waku waku

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

I feel like I’m going crazy

Is there a giant glass case furnishing full of weapons? I swear I saw it at one point, but I can’t remember the name

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Is it the Armament Showcase? https://en.ff14housing.com/itemview.php?id=144b3bc9313

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

That looks like it, yeah!

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I've been working on a new BLM glamour the past little bit, and while it's still not done (at least until I get my HW relic), I still think I'm looking pretty fresh.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

This tier has made me do a complete 180 on doorbosses and now I hate them. This is partially due to only raiding 3 hours a session but it just feels bad to spend a whole lockout on phase 2 and then have 30-40mins left on the clock and even one wipe re-clearing door just saps everyones will to continue to get 20 mins or so back on prog.

O4s was perfect..IDK why they insist on making the doorbosses so long. Exdeath was like 4 or 5 minutes which was a good length.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

E4S is my favorite fight out of all of the tiers I raided on. It doesn't have a door boss. Coincidence?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

SettingSun posted:

E4S is my favorite fight out of all of the tiers I raided on. It doesn't have a door boss. Coincidence?

Yes, because E8S also didn't have a doorboss and it was horrible

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

E8S is loving terrible and nearly killed my static not once, but two times. gently caress that fight. It should have had a checkpoint because doing the world's most boring adds phase and a lovely long cutscene every time is really grating.

E4S is really good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

drat it didn't. I try to wipe that fight from my memory.