Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Tunic update: what the fuucckkk is going on with below the Quarry??!!

Game owns so hard but I feel supremely trolled by these “hidden paths” that are like right there in front of your face but just hidden behind the quasi-isometric 2.5D level geometry. I feel like I explore every dark corner but sometimes a path hits me and I want to loving scream. I imagine if you could rotate the camera it would break the game, but relying on this contrivance so heavily kind of sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Hopper posted:

Question: I have been meaning to try ace combat for a while. Now the Top Gun Maverick Ultimate Edition is on sale for 21.99€.

Is that a good deal and is the game worth it?

It's a good deal, but if you can get the regular game plus season pass for less, do that. A lot of the Top Gun DLCs are mostly cosmetic or additional planes that don't add much to the experience. Ten Million Relief Plan, Unexpected Visitor and Anchorhead Raid are the only mission DLCs.

AC7 is a pretty solid entry in the franchise and a decent introduction to the whole thing. Unfortunately the best games in the franchise are still trapped on PS2.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

Game owns so hard but I feel supremely trolled by these “hidden paths” that are like right there in front of your face but just hidden behind the quasi-isometric 2.5D level geometry. I feel like I explore every dark corner but sometimes a path hits me and I want to loving scream. I imagine if you could rotate the camera it would break the game, but relying on this contrivance so heavily kind of sucks.

That's fair, I think what saves it is none of those shortcuts are really load-bearing, mostly just conveniences for getting around. Especially early in the game, they serve as a hint that Tunic is full of significant things that are within your reach from the start, if only you knew about them. Also it reminded me of JRPGs where you can occasionally follow a hidden path into the off-screen void to find a chest, gave me some nostalgic warm fuzzies.

edit actually here's a better defense, must protect Tunic at all costs: The shortcuts are often well hidden on one end but easy to find on the other. So they function pretty much like Fromsoft shortcut gates, except there's no actual gate, you "unlock" the shortcut with knowledge and exploration. Fits really well into the game's theme.

acksplode fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 13, 2022

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Good news people. Apparently you only need to tie your phone number to an Activision account if you play on PC. Xbox, PS5, and the Pauperstation 4 players are excluded from the requirement.

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/1580634832123531267

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Is metro 2033 redux the first one? I saw them all on pisspass and figured i might as well give em a go

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Sammus posted:

Good news people. Apparently you only need to tie your phone number to an Activision account if you play on PC. Xbox, PS5, and the Pauperstation 4 players are excluded from the requirement.

Activision is forcing destitute PC owners without a phone contract to buy an entire goddamn console to play their game. Deeply appalling behavior.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Good job! I constantly gently caress up the overload on the shotgun because I'm hammering the trigger nonstop. Fun weapon (as long as you have slug shot or narrow maw). And that's a great boss, but really all the bosses in that game are great. I ran the numbers and the boss tiers are:

Yeah Wide Maw sucks rear end, Slug Shot + rapid is pretty lol though

Vikar Jerome posted:

Is metro 2033 redux the first one? I saw them all on pisspass and figured i might as well give em a go

It is yeah, Last Light is the second one and Exodus is 3

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The shotgun is an absolute beast but the weapon upgrade system is so bad that I didn’t realize how ridiculous it was until after they released the tower mode.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The shotgun is only a beast if you have one of those two perks, without them its range is too short for a lot of scenarios

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

acksplode posted:

Activision is forcing destitute PC owners without a phone contract to buy an entire goddamn console to play their game. Deeply appalling behavior.

Since I’ve been against PC/Console cross play since day one, this is an acceptable course of action. gently caress the PC “master race.”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sammus posted:

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/1580634832123531267

Nice.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

Yes.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'd really recommend playing through the first 2032 Metros so that you won't get confused by the story.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcNalDmDrBU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I keep thinking about playing the Metro games and it feels like there's so much that it's like picking up a dense 80 hour JRPG. I'm probably approaching it wrong.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It’s not though? You are looking at about 10 hours for the first one, fifteen for the second, and 15-25 for third depending on how much side stuff you do. The whole thing is like a single half hearted play-through of one open world game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bloodychill posted:

I keep thinking about playing the Metro games and it feels like there's so much that it's like picking up a dense 80 hour JRPG. I'm probably approaching it wrong.

You can always just jump in at Exodus, it's fuckin great. If you end up falling in love with the setting you'll have more to go back to, but Exodus really stands on its own.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really only gave that advice cause I was trying to sell people on exodus. Playing them all sequentially is the way to go. You should really play the first two as well as they are extremely good.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

High-information thread regulars won't be swayed by this propaganda, but I fear for the broader public who might be deceived into thinking PS5 is getting a game

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That said if you jump straight into exodus it’s not like, hard to follow or anything. You just miss out on a lot of backstory and also the first two games hold up really well for how old they are.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

You can always just jump in at Exodus, it's fuckin great. If you end up falling in love with the setting you'll have more to go back to, but Exodus really stands on its own.

I got stuck near the beginning with some creature killing me over and over (after the water tower area? and gave up. Guns fuckin suck in that game

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You have to hit the enemies with the guns to kill them.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bows1 posted:

I got stuck near the beginning with some creature killing me over and over (after the water tower area? and gave up. Guns fuckin suck in that game

It's true, it's not really a shooter imo, and the moral hingepoints in the game's story confirm it. That's kinda the fun of it tho, everything sucks and is busted and taped together and running on a prayer, you have to swim upstream covered in poo poo and leeches while just making the best of it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I really only gave that advice cause I was trying to sell people on exodus. Playing them all sequentially is the way to go. You should really play the first two as well as they are extremely good.

Maybe I will after you finish Catalyst, per our arrangement circa fifteen months ago :colbert:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oof I do gotta do that. I still haven’t uninstalled it. All right I’ll finish it before Christmas.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Oof I do gotta do that. I still haven’t uninstalled it. All right I’ll finish it before Christmas.

:blastu: :dogcited:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

the dog is expertly dodging your shots

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Arist posted:

:hai: the dog is Faith, the gun is K-Sec

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Which Puppet Combo game should I start with? I’ve been in love with their whole vibe since they came out but I’ve yet to play one. Murder House seems like a good option and it’s $6 right now. Watching a horror movie a day has me really craving some spooky vidya.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

It’s never met veeg

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s never met veeg

Can't wait for Factions 2 horde mode

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

btw Veni, have you watched C2077 Edgerunners yet? It's some dope poo poo iyam

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i just started a fun project: i dug my pspoor out of the closet and am software updating it rn and downloading like a billion indie games from the last decade of psn purchases and ps+ or whatever, gonna give this trooper to my 11 year old niece soon and see if it literally breaks her brain. it's fun trying to think from her perspective what kind of things she'd want to see on the console, but also good god i've spent so much money :ohdear:

edit; also imma stick elden ring, outer wilds, inscryption, stray, sotn, klonoa 2, hollow knight, and disco elysium on there for pure goon approval

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Oct 14, 2022

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Ok GreedFall you win, I quit.

Just a boring-rear end game that promised a fun piratey RPG that ends up being a lot of running back and forth through samey brown cities to talk to people back-and-forth until the quest is resolved with no real decision points besides "do you do the quest?" along with combat against all of 2 enemy types (bears and bandits) in the first ten hours of the game.

Even if it did get better, it just isn't worth it. You fooled me, Spiders, but never again.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think I just beat Returnal, and that sure is an ending? She gets into a car crash after seeing herself in the future as the astronaut, and the game is where she goes because she's punishing herself for how she treated her mom?

All I have to do is finish the surveys for the platinum, but I don't know how much effort that takes after beating the game.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Shrecknet posted:

Ok GreedFall you win, I quit.

Just a boring-rear end game that promised a fun piratey RPG that ends up being a lot of running back and forth through samey brown cities to talk to people back-and-forth until the quest is resolved with no real decision points besides "do you do the quest?" along with combat against all of 2 enemy types (bears and bandits) in the first ten hours of the game.

Even if it did get better, it just isn't worth it. You fooled me, Spiders, but never again.

The tricorn hat on the cover may present a piratey adventure, but there is zero pirate-related antics in the game.

But yeah it basically plays like a bioware-level game but without the budget so it lacks polish in a lot of areas, including where it counts like quest design and combat. I liked it due to my weird attraction to eurojank RPGs, but even then by the end of the game I was really looking forward to it being finished. Especially the amount of back-and-forth you need to do by using fast travel points that are just not close enough to areas of interest.

bobjr posted:

All I have to do is finish the surveys for the platinum, but I don't know how much effort that takes after beating the game.
A random amount of effort, you basically have to hope that a room that has the thing you need spawns. Though I hear the spawn rate has gotten better since i tried to do it soon after release.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Morpheus posted:

The tricorn hat on the cover may present a piratey adventure, but there is zero pirate-related antics in the game.

But yeah it basically plays like a bioware-level game but without the budget so it lacks polish in a lot of areas, including where it counts like quest design and combat. I liked it due to my weird attraction to eurojank RPGs, but even then by the end of the game I was really looking forward to it being finished. Especially the amount of back-and-forth you need to do by using fast travel points that are just not close enough to areas of interest.

A random amount of effort, you basically have to hope that a room that has the thing you need spawns. Though I hear the spawn rate has gotten better since i tried to do it soon after release.

Based on the Sun Medallions I can see it having being adjusted. I got one first time in every biome, when people posting around release talked about how much more random and harder to get they were.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

btw Veni, have you watched C2077 Edgerunners yet? It's some dope poo poo iyam

I watched the first 2 episodes despite my aversion to anime and liked them . I just haven’t had time to finish it yet.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

bobjr posted:

Based on the Sun Medallions I can see it having being adjusted. I got one first time in every biome, when people posting around release talked about how much more random and harder to get they were.

Those were weird for me. I ran through the game three times without seeing a single one. Then I jumped into a pit until I died, started a new run, and then I got them each run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Ok that fight in the bottom of the Tunic Cathedral, all the waves of enemies?? Uh how do I do this. I’ve gotten to the last one a few times and succumbed. It’s loving rough.

Man, the lore must be sick. Those that have played it do you know wtf they were doing down below the quarry?? I take it the beings in the manual and that are the hero mouse-in-a-robe thing you let out of the tri-colored prison.. they’re being harvested and loaded up into the obelisks that dot the land and you pray to because they are a source of power? Like harnessing these past lives or past heroes as an energy source is the corrupt name of the game this era? It’s wack. Won’t soon forget the feeling of learning what was going on with those obelisks.