Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Super pumped about this not because I think this will sink trump in any way or deliver the actionable returns the committee wants, but rather because I hate trump just as a person and enjoy anyone slamming more stress on his plate and driving the man closer to a rage and anxiety induced meltdown

Plus I also just love thinking about what his team has to go through trying desperately to counsel and train him not to make the stupidest and most unforced errors possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Just convince Trump that only losers plead the fifth and play to his ego. I am sure he won't be able to stop himself.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Madkal posted:

Just convince Trump that only losers plead the fifth and play to his ego. I am sure he won't be able to stop himself.

I legitimately think you could Sideshow Bob him into incriminating himself by telling him you think he's too stupid to have done a crime.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Madkal posted:

The FBI should have "left behind" a "secret January 6 committee playbook" showing their three-part plan to question him: Meadows told us this was all his idea. OK and PB leaders told us they were working with Meadows. We were told you found out after your speech that GA actually had found 12k votes for you, but you told your drivers to go to the WH because you didn't want to add to the violence and had already privately conceded.

:allears:

ps Place a jar of ketchup on his deposition table.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Apparently they showed that Trump tried to withdraw troops from Afghanistan early to set up Biden for failure today. Thats a new thing I think.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Word is that American Freedom Tour couldn't pay vendors and filed for bankruptcy today. Anyone have a tweet or reference to verify this? I guess truph soshal is his only remaining platform.

ps 6th grand jury depositions (most likely), Short and Patel.
https://twitter.com/FionaGlisson/status/1580596349502099458
https://twitter.com/dnlbrns/status/1580624550462509056

PhantomOfTheCopier fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Oct 13, 2022

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Cabbit posted:

I legitimately think you could Sideshow Bob him into incriminating himself by telling him you think he's too stupid to have done a crime.

If he still has a lawyer capable of verbally stopping him, it won't happen.

But maybe he doesn't.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Any response from Trump? Any breaking news about the subpoena? Any reaction from anybody significant?

Feels like this hearing landed with a thud in the public consciousness.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Any response from Trump? Any breaking news about the subpoena? Any reaction from anybody significant?

I am actively watching the news lose its poo poo about it.

It’s been 3 hours. What response exactly are you expecting in that time? Air raid sirens outside your house?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Automata 10 Pack posted:

It’s not. That news is only thing the news is talking about.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1580663665996353537

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Automata 10 Pack posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I've seen those videos of people fleeing inside the building and I always wonder what would have happened in this instance if the dog had really the car.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
Trump truthed about it but the truths are just whining about 2020 and calling it the Unselect Committee, I think it'll take at least a few days for him to do anything noteworthy.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

James Garfield posted:

Trump truthed about it but the truths are just whining about 2020 and calling it the Unselect Committee, I think it'll take at least a few days for him to do anything noteworthy.

I give it eight hours

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

ps Place a jar of ketchup on his deposition table.

Granny's Peach Tea?

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

BiggerBoat posted:

Granny's Peach Tea?

Granny's impeach tea

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

These are the TOP comments

Just absolutely riveting discussion. also a lot of talk about how when trump wins he needs to fire everyone on SCOTUS.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

Granny's impeach tea

not empty quoting

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Tayter Swift posted:

I imagine there's at least enough time before the GOP takes over for him to refuse to appear and thus be charged with contempt.
There absolutely is.

What's your thinking on this, or what source are you pulling this from? Because three months is not all that much time to have to burn in court, with all the possibilities for appeal, if he's hoping for a GOP House to make this go away.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Sir Kodiak posted:

What's your thinking on this, or what source are you pulling this from? Because three months is not all that much time to have to burn in court, with all the possibilities for appeal, if he's hoping for a GOP House to make this go away.

There are going to be several more immediately concerning things taking precedent over this contempt charge.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Sir Kodiak posted:

Does a Congressional contempt charge go away when a new congress is convened? I honestly don't know. Nor do I know if they can tell the DoJ to do take backsies when the new Congress is in. I don't have a source, sorry :)

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Jim Jordan tweeting about why the Jan 6 committee isnt talking about something important, like gas prices.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Sir Kodiak posted:

Once he’s refused to submit the subpoena it’s a criminal matter. The House isn’t an abused spouse refusing to testify against her abuser. This isn’t a thing where the case falls apart because Rs have a majority.

Also, yes, Trump saying “I plead the 5th” hundreds of times on TV to such leading questions as, “we’re you the president of the United States on Jan 06?” Or “When did you know you lost the election?” Or, “did you consider calling in the national guard while you were watching congress burn on TV?” Or, “why didn’t you call off the rioters when Kevin McCarthy asked you to?”

Like that’s some serious popcorn and 30 years of memes poo poo.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

It won't come to that. Contempt of Congress won't really be an issue

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Murgos posted:

Once he’s refused to submit the subpoena it’s a criminal matter.

Yes, and maybe he's stupid enough to do that without litigating the subpoena first. I'm suggesting there's possibly enough time to litigate whether the subpoena is valid before January 23rd, based on what I'm seeing other lawyers saying. It's not hard to waste a few months in court.

Tayter Swift posted:

Does a Congressional contempt charge go away when a new congress is convened? I honestly don't know. Nor do I know if they can tell the DoJ to do take backsies when the new Congress is in. I don't have a source, sorry :)

It's not the contempt charge going away. It's that the contempt charge would wait for any litigation over the subpoena to conclude, which even with bad-faith litigation could be stretched a few months. And if a GOP House withdraws the subpoena while litigation is still ongoing, then, yeah, no contempt charge.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1580718555540119553

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Welp, there's your Fox News headline.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Democratic turnout just went up 5% because who hasn't wanted to punch Trump out?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Nah, they're busy saying "Biden told the Saudis to keep oil production high right now, which means gas prices would go higher in the future". It's right next to the "Map of gas prices in the US" which has a scale that goes from "red" to "very dark red".

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Ynglaur posted:

Nah, they're busy saying "Biden told the Saudis to keep oil production high right now, which means gas prices would go higher in the future". It's right next to the "Map of gas prices in the US" which has a scale that goes from "red" to "very dark red".

Biden: Saudi is hiking our oil prices to try to influence the election.

Saudi: Biden asked us not to hike prices before the election and we refused.

Right-wing twitter: BIDEN IS BRIBING THE SAUDIS! IMPEACH!

So tiring.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

This is the most relatable Pelosi's ever been

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

This is the most relatable Pelosi's ever been

I'm safe by virtue of being on the other side of the country, but when I saw that I actually had a desire to vote for Nancy Pelosi for a second.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Oh no, what about decorum?? Very disappointed in speaker pelosi for advocating the kinds of violence that are tearing our country apart!!

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

I think that is the correct, and dare I say patriotic, response to learning that there's an oaf about to lead a violent mob to kill you and the rest of the legislature and install himself as dictator.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I'm convinced that if someone - particularly Nancy Pelosi, but substitute any older woman in power - ever actually punched Donald J Trump, (former) President of the United States of America, and he didn't have goons around to deal with that, he'd run away crying, then spend the rest of his life claiming he won the fight. He's a whiny little coward who crumples the instant someone he can't push around with impunity pushes back. It being some old lady who talks about the need to clean up "poopoo" in the Senate chamber would have been :discourse:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Xiahou Dun posted:

I'm safe by virtue of being on the other side of the country, but when I saw that I actually had a desire to vote for Nancy Pelosi for a second.

Yeah I had a couple positive thought about nancy pelosi and idk what to make of myself anymore

kartikeya posted:

I'm convinced that if someone - particularly Nancy Pelosi, but substitute any older woman in power - ever actually punched Donald J Trump, (former) President of the United States of America, and he didn't have goons around to deal with that, he'd run away crying, then spend the rest of his life claiming he won the fight. He's a whiny little coward who crumples the instant someone he can't push around with impunity pushes back. It being some old lady who talks about the need to clean up "poopoo" in the Senate chamber would have been :discourse:

it'd be a repeat of maxine waters 'punching' michael tracey

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Between that and the video showing Pelosi actually trying to get help during the insurrection today has been a good day to be Pelosi.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Lol at Tumrp "potentially marching" anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

potentially marching, probably lurching