Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Dik Hz posted:

The tablet you get at the beginning of the first quest has a list of POIs and will breadcrumb you to them if you click the right options in it.

Oh, huh, like the aranyaka. And just like the aranyaka I didnt notice until someone here was talking about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The first temple you went through, in the lost caravan gorge, definitely has a lot of stuff for you to find once your clearance is upgraded

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The first temple you went through, in the lost caravan gorge, definitely has a lot of stuff for you to find once your clearance is upgraded

each of the temples and underground ruins visited during the chain does

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

akulanization posted:

It’s a pop up friendship quest.

No Wave posted:

It's one of the random quests you see 10 of max per day, programmed to appear above the aeonblight drake tunnel. Honestly I'm surprised this kind of thing hasn't happened before but it is pretty annoying.

Oh okay, the thing just randomly shows up 100 meters above me and I lose it. I thought it might've been a reputation quest that's annoyingly finicky like those 3 Liyue kids with the pirate game achievement.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
what i wouldn't give for an aranaradar.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Nilou looks elegant and cute, but if I don't save my guarantee for nahida then I think I'd be a dumb fucker?

Choices

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Nyoro posted:

Nilou looks elegant and cute, but if I don't save my guarantee for nahida then I think I'd be a dumb fucker?

Choices

Are you truly free if you lack the freedom to choose poorly?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Or at least for the vasmarti seeds you get from those arches. I remember a few people referring to some room full of chests that I've never found despite being 100% in Vanarana. I assume I have to fill out that journal all the way. Not so easy without quest markers.

Does the desert have a new weekly boss that has to be unlocked?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

Are you truly free if you lack the freedom to choose poorly?
Venti alt account spotted.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Has there been any word on if we'll get a chance for the cinnabar sword again? Or if there's another sword that'll be just as good for Albedo? Or in general are event weapons like that all 1 and dones they specifically try to never obsolete to build FOMO?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I urge anyone who does not own spindle to not pull Albedo we have to send them a message. I would like them to make festering and ode and fishclaymore etc available as well ofc but spindle is really a special case, there is literally a corrosion abyss next patch.

There's precedent for making things from old events available like the harpastum and the lyre (granny sheng's shop) but not any of the weapons yet.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

I urge anyone who does not own spindle to not pull Albedo we have to send them a message. I would like them to make festering and ode and fishclaymore etc available as well ofc but spindle is really a special case, there is literally a corrosion abyss next patch.

There's precedent for making things from old events available like the harpastum and the lyre (granny sheng's shop) but not any of the weapons yet.
I wasn't planning on rolling for him anyway, so I'll proudly support your boycott by not altering my behaviour in any way.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hell yeah I love boycotts I can support by doing what I was already going to do

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Sanctum posted:

Or at least for the vasmarti seeds you get from those arches. I remember a few people referring to some room full of chests that I've never found despite being 100% in Vanarana. I assume I have to fill out that journal all the way. Not so easy without quest markers.

Does the desert have a new weekly boss that has to be unlocked?

The chest room's behind the 10th picture, and requires a seed you find in the chasm. Unless you've got an incredible memory, you'll want to just look up where those are, most of them aren't blindingly obvious. Annoyingly, the chests require finding all the aranara, and your only aranara counter is "how many chests are still locked."

And the only boss I've found in the desert is a regular world one. I assume a world boss will have to wait until we've actually done something to piss off the government, and the archon quests have just been setup.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

It's also an annoying maze, I spent 30 minutes dicking around in the new bits trying to find that last dendro thing before I gave up and went back through the old part of it, which is where the switch I needed was. Very much would've been nice with some sort of map you could switch floors on, because it's got like 4 levels.

No Wave posted:

It's one of the random quests you see 10 of max per day, programmed to appear above the aeonblight drake tunnel. Honestly I'm surprised this kind of thing hasn't happened before but it is pretty annoying.

I've had those pop a few times in other aranara caves, too. Previously, it's been fine because if there's a hight difference, you can just climb/jump off a cliff. That's slightly annoying, but it isn't "lol there is literally no way for you to reach this" annoying. Especially if you're in the middle of a quest where paimon randomly telling you about someone being attacked or whatever could actually be part of the quest.

Nyoro posted:

Choices

You'll live without nahinda, but will you be happy without a water dancer?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nahida seems strong, but theoretically at least she could be replaced by a weaker Dendro Fischl of some kind. Whereas Nilou's gimmick is unlikely to ever appear again, and it opens up an entirely different type of team.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

After two years there's no pyro, cryo or anemo fischl even if you squint so I would not take the appearance of a dendro fischl before Nilou's rerun as a given...

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Guoba's a pyro oz, except you have to push him around instead of hitting a button to move him.

man i wish i had that last constellation for fischl

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

No Wave posted:

After two years there's no pyro, cryo or anemo fischl even if you squint so I would not take the appearance of a dendro fischl before Nilou's rerun as a given...

Collei is not dendro Fischl in any stretch of the imagination. They have no similarities apart from 'Archer'.

Honestly we will probably never see another Fischl because Fischl, like a lot of the launch 4 stars, is Very Good, perhaps Too Good, and will not be repeated.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
We did get another Xinqiu, but it was a 5 star.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Making a 5 star version of a 4 star is one of their classic moves, especially for the later patches for any region. Character x but in another element is pretty rare in comparison, but maybe some of those are just being saved for a rainy day.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I remember in CBT2 when they released Fischl, it was right at the end of the schedule so a lot of people had already used up all their EXP books and didn't have the resin equivalent at the time to actually level her up to use her too much.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

Nahida seems strong, but theoretically at least she could be replaced by a weaker Dendro Fischl of some kind. Whereas Nilou's gimmick is unlikely to ever appear again, and it opens up an entirely different type of team.

I'm grinding up regular mushroom drops right now which means no pyro or electro, and the only halfway viable team I have for that is the bloom part of my prospective hyperbloom/aggravate team (and an underleveled chongyun). Boy howdy does that feel bad. Arti grinding is on hold, yes, but still.

At least it's training me to figure out how proper hydro and dendro application works with xingqiu and traveler. Then later I'll just need to learn to do it with Barbara! :shepicide:

Tree Reformat fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 14, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tree Reformat posted:

I'm grinding up regular mushroom drops right now which means no pyro or electro, and the only halfway viable team I have for that is the bloom part of my prospective hyperbloom/aggravate team (and an underleveled chongyun). Boy howdy does that feel bad. Arti grinding is on hold, yes, but still.

At least it's training me to figure out how proper hydro and dendro application works with xingqiu and traveler. Then later I'll just need to learn to do it with Barbara! :shepicide:
Am curious - how does Chongyun fit?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 14, 2022

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

How does that drop thing work, is it that you can't use electro/pryo at all, or just for what kills the thing?

↑ Chong fits because cryo does nothing to things that can change state. Also, it's easier to hit mushrooms a bunch if they're frozen in place, so I guess if you really wanted you could use barbara and him to freeze things while you smack them with a sword.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

Am curious - how does Chongyun fit?

I mean, I guess frozen helps stop throwing the drat shrooms around everywhere, which is nice when your strategy relies on keeping enemies next to stationary explosives and don't have a leveled anemo user.

But he's lvl60 on WL6 with some weird tier 3 ER/EM arti build from way back when I had to clear that dps race quest at the start of Inazuma, he's not doing too much these days without more investment, and all my resin is going to Kuki's mats right now.

Edit: And yeah, it looks like being hit with electro or pyro at all locks them into the other kind of drops. Or at least long enough it's effectively the same as being forever.

Tree Reformat fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 14, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Zenostein posted:

How does that drop thing work, is it that you can't use electro/pryo at all, or just for what kills the thing?

↑ Chong fits because cryo does nothing to things that can change state. Also, it's easier to hit mushrooms a bunch if they're frozen in place, so I guess if you really wanted you could use barbara and him to freeze things while you smack them with a sword.

Chong doesn't work for freeze, since hitting enemies with a claymore attack will shatter the ice and unfreeze them.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
That's news to me. I've been running him in freeze going on 2 years.

Him not working on a freeze team, that is.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Oct 14, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
well you're using him to do quickswap stuff in a full freeze team, you're not actually leftclicking with chong

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I mean, hopefully they made the connection that Kuki should be the one freezing. Though superconduct might be messing it up anyway.

Edit: Ah, never mind they're just running bloom for now. DMC then?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Chong doesn't work for freeze, since hitting enemies with a claymore attack will shatter the ice and unfreeze them.

Yeah, that's why i said hit them with a sword. All you want from him is the infusion.

Hell, if that guys' chongyun is as bad as mine, that's all he's good for anyway.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Stack EM and make them explode

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Hmm, that reminds me. I had completely forgotten about the fridge team I wanted to try but didn't have Kuki to activate. Might as well wait for Nahida too.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'd be more willing to pull on Nilou if the 4 stars in her banner werent all at C6 for me already

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Preliminary fridge test results: actually not too shabby. Kuki doesn't apply Electro quickly enough to mess with the freeze an infused XQ can put out. I feel like this could be a solid setup once Nahida replaces DMC and makes the whole thing smoother. Hopefully her E's Dendro output is as good as or better than DMC's Q.

https://i.imgur.com/CuOJTW0.mp4

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Her E puts out 1.5U dendro every pulse. You'll have a hard time outstripping it with a single hydro unit. Hell, for her to be the driver you sort of need 3 hydros in your party so thats shes consistently the one triggering the blooms instead of the other way around

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If you're interested in normal attacks, you might want to look at the leaks, a lot of Nahida's animations are getting nerfed.

Much like Klee's adorable matching walk she used to have in the beta apparently.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'd be more willing to pull on Nilou if the 4 stars in her banner werent all at C6 for me already

Same, also noped out of the last banner after my first tenpull gave me Sayu c6

Getting duplicate 4 stars is the worst feeling I get as a low spender, I'm at like c15 Barbara lol

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Tree Reformat posted:

Wait, there are other kinds of mushroom drops? I've been killing literally everything with electro. Do I... need those other drops for Nilou?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Hellioning posted:

I have played through some story quests and the final archon quest I have yet to complete and I would like to express that Itto is my friend, he is incredibly stupid, and I love him for it.

Not a fan of the actual writing in his quest (weird as all hell outside of Itto himself) but I could listen to him say stupid poo poo for hours.

I laughed at a ton of Itto lines and also "they threw beans at him" in the cinematics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Clarste posted:

Wait, there are other kinds of mushroom drops? I've been killing literally everything with electro. Do I... need those other drops for Nilou?

Yes, you need the Fungal Spores line of materials to upgrade Nilou and Nahida (and not the Fungal Nucleus line from Activated/Burnt fungi)

Activated/Burnt fungi still sometimes drop basic Fungal Spores but its really rare