Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bruce: General Ross? You're a Hulk now too!?!?

Ross: Part-time....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Honestly, I think Ford's whole "grumpy old man who doesn't give a poo poo" thing is a routine. He acts like that in all his press junkets, but at the same time you can tell he was having a ball and hamming it up in The Force Awakens. I think he just doesn't like doing interviews.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Phylodox posted:

Honestly, I think Ford's whole "grumpy old man who doesn't give a poo poo" thing is a routine. He acts like that in all his press junkets, but at the same time you can tell he was having a ball and hamming it up in The Force Awakens. I think he just doesn't like doing interviews.

He doesn't like interviews or appearances or anything like that.

That's why his appearances on Conan were the best because they weren't just basic interviews.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
During that Force Awakens press tour, Harrison openly admitted that working with the young people in the cast was really fun and fulfilling, so I do believe he’s doing poo poo now because he wants to and enjoys it.

I mean look at his Indy 5 presser at D23. Dude was feeling things talking on stage to fans.

He just doesn’t like doing 1 on 1 press. I don’t blame him, that poo poo has to be exhausting. Maybe it’s even anxiety triggering or something. He’s grumpy when he has to sell a movie on talk shows (when those movies sell themselves anyway), but he’s still working when he absolutely does not HAVE to.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Opopanax posted:

I guess if it we get a cgi Ford Rulk out of it I’m kind of in

Frulk

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/1580766871946924033

Nip that one in the bud.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Ford had fun here https://youtu.be/bAb8KIhgVAI

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Captain America 4 and Thunderbolts really looking like a two-parter right now.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Has Harrison Ford ever had a mustache in a movie? I absolutely can't think of one.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Jamesman posted:

Has Harrison Ford ever had a mustache in a movie? I absolutely can't think of one.

Had a full beard at one point in The Fugitive, no?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Phylodox posted:

Had a full beard at one point in The Fugitive, no?

No, I'm talking about JUST a mustache.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Soul Glo posted:

During that Force Awakens press tour, Harrison openly admitted that working with the young people in the cast was really fun and fulfilling, so I do believe he’s doing poo poo now because he wants to and enjoys it.

I mean look at his Indy 5 presser at D23. Dude was feeling things talking on stage to fans.

He just doesn’t like doing 1 on 1 press. I don’t blame him, that poo poo has to be exhausting. Maybe it’s even anxiety triggering or something. He’s grumpy when he has to sell a movie on talk shows (when those movies sell themselves anyway), but he’s still working when he absolutely does not HAVE to.
Maybe he just dislikes playing Han; he seemed to be having fun in Bladerunner 2049 too

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Opopanax posted:

I guess if it we get a cgi Ford Rulk out of it I’m kind of in

I want a behind the scenes with grumpy Harrison Ford being fitted with CGI balls

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

achillesforever6 posted:

Maybe he just dislikes playing Han; he seemed to be having fun in Bladerunner 2049 too
He specifically only returned to play Han to be killed off

According to what he’s said that was his red line in agreeing to be in TFA

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Jamesman posted:

No, I'm talking about JUST a mustache.

Don't know about in a movie but he did have one, once

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Hulk Smash! posted:

Harrison Ford IS Richard Mauser

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_FieJToFKc

Any chance I get to rewatch this video is good. I feel like this is incredible cathartic for him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ford is well past the point in his career where he doesn't have to do poo poo he doesn't want to, so if he's doing something, it's fair to assume he thinks it will be fun

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rhyno posted:

Black Adam spoilers are hitting. I wasn't planning on going to see it in theaters so I went ahead and watched some on Tik Tok

WARNING AHEAD SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

the rumors were true, Cavill is back as Superman in a post credit scene

So Dwayne confirmed this was real lol

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It’s alllll over tik tok.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I watched the clip, it's absolutely real.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Hulk Smash! posted:

I mean, he REALLY made it work.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

He looks like Gary Oldman's brother.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
He looks like my Dad

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm waiting for Discovery to start selling off everyone lower than the trinity level DC characters to Disney.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

twistedmentat posted:

I'm waiting for Discovery to start selling off everyone lower than the trinity level DC characters to Disney.

Batman, Aquaman, Harley Quinn

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

In a twist of date Sony buys DC and Spider-Man joins the JL

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
One step closer to an Amalgam movie

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Marvel phase 12 gonna be lit.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Opopanax posted:

In a twist of date Sony buys DC and Spider-Man joins the JL

King in Blackdom Come

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I cannot wait to see the Dark Claw movie.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It really did use to be a very very far-fetched joke that Marvel and DC might get merged together at some point but, honestly, if the top brass at...WB? Discovery? Whoever the heck they are now?...keep on loving things up on a "lose millions of dollars per week" scale, it might not actually be that out of the question -- at some point, at some indeterminate megacapitalist corporate hellworld future (so like, a couple months from now basically?) -- for some over-bold, over-adventurous risk-taker at the orbital Disney satellite moon palace whatever to be like, "Hey guys, what if we just owned all superhero properties, period?"

It's still a very far-fetched idea right now, today...but I once thought it was literally impossible for Disney to have swallowed up Fox as well. Tomorrow? After the Flash movie gets pushed back for the sixth time or whatever? Who even knows.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Oct 18, 2022

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I mean given how much I’ve deeply despised all but a small handful of the most recent DC movies, I wouldn’t be completely opposed to it. Like, I feel disgusting saying that, but *waves hands wildly at the last ten years of DC offerings*

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I’ve been saying 2025 for Henry Cavill as Superman showing up in the MCU for a while now. Given the MCU’s current focus on multiverses and WB/Discovery’s prolonged bed-making GBS threads, it’s looking possible.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well you might at least get...some...part of that wish?

quote:

While it isn’t clear what hero or teams Gunn is targeting, and the writer-director would focus on a second season of Peacemaker first, the studio’s eyes are very much on Superman. Under Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav and Warner Bros. Pictures heads Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy, Warners has an intense desire to reprise the Cavill iteration of the hero. The project that would essentially be Man of Steel 2 is being produced by Charles Roven and is currently in a search for writers. (There is a wishlist, of course. And Christopher McQuarrie, the hand that guides the Mission: Impossible movies was on it. McQuarrie worked with Cavill on the 2018 installment, Fallout, but sources say no official outreach has been made nor may it be feasible, as the director is working on the next back-to-back Impossible installments.)

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/THR/status/1582046050931834880

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
As someone who likes MCU movies, and Harrison Ford, I wish they weren’t doing this. General Ross was only interesting as the semi-antagonist govt. representative because it was that one guy playing the role for like 13 years as a glorified cameo.

At this point I’d rather they just come up with a fresh character for the role rather than trying to pretend “guy in 90 seconds of the Black Widow movie” is still relevant, and relevant enough to waste as a Harrison Ford recast.

But eh, it’ll be what it’ll be. I won’t lose too much sleep over it.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Harrison is 80 years old

He might well croak it on set

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rumor is there are going to be two Captain America 4 movies with the same characters and similar stories, but optimized for different formats.

Captain America For WiiU
and
Captain America For 3DS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY