Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I disagree only somewhat. The dude is so deep into his alcoholism that he probably can't be drunk by regular standards anymore. He would probably only resume being drunk after consuming an utterly obscene amount of alcohol just to get past his built-up tolerances, and everything leading up to that is a weird mixture of drunkenness and seemingly-functional normalcy.

I don't think it is possible for him to get drunk for his morning show, at least, which is why he is almost always audibly drunk for his emergency broadcasts later in the day. (Like in the aftermath of the Uvalde shooting, for a recent example.)

The My Way bit certainly was filtered through his alcohol-addled brain, I don't doubt that, but it seemed to me that Alex was doing it to suppress some otherwise genuine emotional reaction.

Edit: Thinking on it now, the My Way clip was probably a result of his narcissism more than anything else. In this case, he seems so... bizarrely happy with himself, he likely turned the negative reaction from the court proceedings into a supply he could literally get high off of.

Morroque fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I haven’t laughed this hard in a very long time. Like this is absolute batshit narc-out, you could make a whole new technocrat bit from it.

CRANK IT UP

E: it’s beautiful. oh my god

https://www.reddit.com/r/KnowledgeF...utm_name=iossmf

teen witch fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 10, 2022

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

teen witch posted:

I haven’t laughed this hard in a very long time. Like this is absolute batshit narc-out, you could make a whole new technocrat bit from it.

CRANK IT UP

Thanks for posting this. Dan mentioned it in the episode and I was going to look for it.

What a journey.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
Alex loves the victory wine

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

teen witch posted:

CRANK IT UP

This is why Owen is no Alex.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

teen witch posted:

CRANK IT UP

Is Alex.... About to off himself?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Another thing the jury really should see before deciding, alas. Look at this smug unrepentant rear end in a top hat.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

twerking on the railroad posted:

Hey, man, nice shot. What a nice shot, man.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
i think my favorite episode is the one where a multi-level-marketing/pyramid scheme scammer goes on Infowars and Alex is convinced that this is the true path to riches. He ends up making the site infowarsyes.com to sell MLM garbage and the site is still up, and broken, last I checked lol.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Marsupial Ape posted:

Hey, man, nice shot. What a nice shot, man.

All I mean is, when a guy is wistfully listening to "My way" and saying how those motherfuckers aren't going to get a red cent from him...

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
"is no one mad at the crew??" Had me lollin

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

twerking on the railroad posted:

Honestly I think he's too narcistic to off himself. He simply cannot imagine a world without himself in it.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Alex's long pause where he doesn't know what comes after beta made me laugh.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Grand Fromage posted:

Alex's long pause where he doesn't know what comes after beta made me laugh.

Thank you.

He really fought for “attack mode” and it barely worked.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LionYeti posted:

Honestly I think he's too narcistic to off himself. He simply cannot imagine a world without himself in it.

We gotta wait until he sells Infowars to Jeffrey.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

teen witch posted:

CRANK IT UP

looks like a broken link

e: Found this instead: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DTf7MUJERld0xAV8s6BWtX9Nz7pERJUI/view

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
Verdict is incoming, GBS thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=4008312&perpage=40&pagenumber=271

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ok so maybe he is gonna budd dwyer his way out of over $1B in judgements

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Next episode is gonna be incredible

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Dangerous Person posted:

Next episode is gonna be incredible

I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if any second they released a 1 minute episode that was just celebratory airhorns or jubilant noises or some happy music that has open rights.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Spoeank posted:

Ok so maybe he is gonna budd dwyer his way out of over $1B in judgements

I'd be up for starting a betting pool with official Goon Dollars (tm, not a real currency) about what actually happens.

I can't decide between "drinks himself to death in a year," "flees to a non-extradition country," and "despite being 'broke,' somehow manages to keep the settlement tied up in court for the next 20 years."

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Wanderer posted:

I'd be up for starting a betting pool with official Goon Dollars (tm, not a real currency) about what actually happens.

I can't decide between "drinks himself to death in a year," "flees to a non-extradition country," and "despite being 'broke,' somehow manages to keep the settlement tied up in court for the next 20 years."

So basically a deadpool but not necessarily with death?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I hope that they put out an emergency episode for tomorrow.

They can talk about anything they like. I literally watched it in my classroom with high school students waiting for the bus. When I told them what Jones did, all of them said that he deserved it.

Edit: they also have to play “My Way”

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 12, 2022

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

LionYeti posted:

Narcissists, especially pathological ones, will commit suicide as final gently caress you and as a refusal to allow anyone else to control their narrative. It’s why serial killers are put on suicide watch when caught. Not to mention any dipshit that poisons themselves at their own trial after being convicted.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Marsupial Ape posted:

Narcissists, especially pathological ones, will commit suicide as final gently caress you and as a refusal to allow anyone else to control their narrative. It’s why serial killers are put on suicide watch when caught. Not to mention any dipshit that poisons themselves at their own trial after being convicted.

Yeah, I think he's fully capable of doing it and justifying it to himself as his final way of sticking it to the globalists. While I don't particularly care if he does or not, I want him to to have to sit with this for a long, long while, snd realize how many people see him as the pathetic, horrible person that he is

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Wanderer posted:

I think it should be a national Alex Jones death pool, cost $20 to bet, and the winnings are given to SH parents regardless. Alex is not allowed to bet on himself.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I just want to say that Norm did a really grape job.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Doesn't Jones make millions of dollars per day, based on the court filings? And what is the actual efficacy of getting that money anyways? There's been a couple of Jones guests that have been covered by the pod who also owe astronomical amounts, and are still puttering around, seemingly unencumbered.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Shageletic posted:

Doesn't Jones make millions of dollars per day, based on the court filings? And what is the actual efficacy of getting that money anyways? There's been a couple of Jones guests that have been covered by the pod who also owe astronomical amounts, and are still puttering around, seemingly unencumbered.

Not quite. According to the latest numbers in the bankruptcy case, they're bringing in around $600k/week right now or around $32m/yr. Note that this is just FSS money and probably is not the full amount of money coming in.

Jones is personally taking home a salary from his bankrupt company of $10k/wk.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Wow that's it? I thought Jones was richer aka a hundred millionaire.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Shageletic posted:

Officially taking home half a million a year isn't the same as "only" taking home half a million a year.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Shageletic posted:

In the past two years Jones has drawn $60m from FSS among other fraudulent transfers to shell companies to try to hide his assets. He also claims that another one of his LLCs has a secured debt against FSS for over $50m that has to be paid as a priority. There's a fraudulent transfers act case in Texas working to unwind those transactions and the bankruptcy court has turned the eye of sauron in that direction as well.

He's just paying himself a $10k/wk salary while in bankruptcy. The excess free cash flow historically would go 100% to his pockets.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Mr. Nice! posted:

In the past two years Jones has drawn $60m from FSS among other fraudulent transfers to shell companies to try to hide his assets. He also claims that another one of his LLCs has a secured debt against FSS for over $50m that has to be paid as a priority. There's a fraudulent transfers act case in Texas working to unwind those transactions and the bankruptcy court has turned the eye of sauron in that direction as well.

He's just paying himself a $10k/wk salary while in bankruptcy. The excess free cash flow historically would go 100% to his pockets.

This is how most CEO's do it, they aren't *Actually* a billionaire but they have a corporate discretionary fund with effectively infinite money they can access at any time.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Wanderer posted:

My bet is he runs to Russia and becomes an RT analyst who fully backs Putin in whatever he does

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

I was thinking how badly I was hungering for this episode, and then realized some of you might not know for certain that one's coming along.

https://twitter.com/knowledge_fight/status/1580767339305660417?s=20&t=Vdn-pbre0g9T5TAgfl2aSQ

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
New episode is up, special bonus episode over the weekend, still a regularly scheduled show on Monday.

Hook the Knowledge Fight to my veins.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
The weekend episode is seemingly unrelated to the immediate aftermath of the trial, as that continues on Monday, so I can only wonder what it must be to warrant a weekend episode at all.

I'd guess they recorded an interview with someone, but the question is who.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Morroque posted:

The weekend episode is seemingly unrelated to the immediate aftermath of the trial, as that continues on Monday, so I can only wonder what it must be to warrant a weekend episode at all.

I'd guess they recorded an interview with someone, but the question is who.

Please, please let me hear the a bag of gummy worms in the distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

As much as it’s possible to have a favorite thing about Alex, I enjoy his run-on sentences where he plugs the holes in his lies as he’s making up lies. ‘The judge is about to declare me the bad guy, whenactuallyitsthemwhoarethebadguys’