Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
Just picked up the Sony's. Man even the small tip feels tight. I love the ANC and ambient options. These sound way better than I was expecting!

Ordered the comply tips, hopefully they will help with fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kilazar posted:

Just picked up the Sony's. Man even the small tip feels tight. I love the ANC and ambient options. These sound way better than I was expecting!

Ordered the comply tips, hopefully they will help with fit.

Look up SednaEarfit crystal tips. I only tried them last year and think they're better than the comply foam tips I used to favor. Come in more sizes too.

They might not look it but I can assure they are crazy soft and comfortable.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

DancingShade posted:

Look up SednaEarfit crystal tips. I only tried them last year and think they're better than the comply foam tips I used to favor. Come in more sizes too.

They might not look it but I can assure they are crazy soft and comfortable.

I just picked up the comply assorted pack from Amazon next day, and the small tips fixed my comfort issues. However I am not going to turn down another comfort option that might be better!

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Kilazar posted:

I just picked up the comply assorted pack from Amazon next day, and the small tips fixed my comfort issues. However I am not going to turn down another comfort option that might be better!

I tried both and ended up preferring the Comply tips personally. Also, the AZLA ones kinda squeaked whenever my ear canal clenched, which it turns out happens quite a lot during a workout.

YMMV though.

I'm super curious about the Kickstarted CharJenPro ones because they purport to have all the benefits of silicone and foam tips with none of the downsides, but they're expensive af, so I haven't taken the plunge yet.

Edit: Somehow I missed this was talking about Sony's. This is all my experience with Airpod Pro tips.

101 fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 9, 2022

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
Sooo. I like these so much that I started using them on my computer today.

I know this is the headphones thread, but I am betting the use case I have might be common.

I now need a directional mic recommendation. My computer is in the same room as the main viewing area. If I use the Sony's for pc gaming, I will need a desktop mic that hopefully won't pickup the TV. Since I can't use the Sony mic and stereo functions at the same time

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Took a look at the rtings.com list of headphones with ANC ranked and the... Razer Opus 2020 model seem to be highly ranked for ANC and not a slouch in other categories either. The anc recording didnt sound bad compared to the xm3s for noise masking. I'm weary of the brand but thankfully they look similar to xm3s with a faint Razer logo. Might try and see if I can obtain the 2020 model since they are available for 150€. My biggest concern is how replaceable their earpads are, there's a reddit post with images with a built-in locking system to the earpads that seems to be similar to Bose's system, meaning you probably need to rip/cut the previous earpads and hope the locking ring stays intact and that any replacement pads won't have their flaps cover the locking mechanism. And many posts asking where to find replacement earpads. I did find *one* difficult to locate review of some gaming branded earpads claiming they were using them on the Opus.

My only somewhat worthwhile hint about Edifier's ANC performance is some fellow finn who compared them to the soundcore q30, q45 and Momentum 3 with a airplane white noise cabin videos and restaurant ambience video subjectively claiming the Edifier came on top but that seems suspect since the q30s are one of the top performers on ANC based on rtings. The Soundcore Q45 seem to be getting claims of better ANC/passive noise isolation than the q30 which seemed to be mirrored by that Finnish guy too. Bunch of worthless "reviews" by bunch of "tech youtubers" having... varied opinions of the Edifier's ANC performance, which makes me wonder if they ever adjusted ANC strength via the app or something.

Sorry about the rambling post, needed to put my thoughts into words.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

do not listen to rtings, their raw frequency responses are fine, everything else is bullshit

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Wheeee posted:

do not listen to rtings, their raw frequency responses are fine, everything else is bullshit
Ya RTings is good for TV and monitor reviews but their headphone stuff seems lacking.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
re: tips, I find that spinfits, moondrop spring tips, or occasionally jvc spiral dots are the most comfortable option depending on the iem.

if i had to pick one, it would be the spring tips probably. and i've tried a loving lot of tips.

the azla crystal tips are very nice but they are slightly a pain to insert / remove due to their inherent stickiness, and they stick to themselves when they warm up which bothers me more than it should, since it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

foams can be great but they last a few months at best whereas I have a pair of spiral dots that are many, many years old.

also try final tips, for some people they're the end-all and they come in a ton of sizes.

e: if you are a 7hz timeless enjoyer, try spring tips i beg of you

Dr. Fishopolis fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 10, 2022

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Anyone have experience with the audio technica ath m20 wireless headphones? Problems or known issues? They're cheap for wireless headphones, but they're lightweight and the pads fully fit over my big ears when i tried on the store's demo unit which is a big plus for me. The store was sold out so I thought I'd ask you guys before I order.

Passburger
May 4, 2013

Kilazar posted:

Sooo. I like these so much that I started using them on my computer today.

I know this is the headphones thread, but I am betting the use case I have might be common.

I now need a directional mic recommendation. My computer is in the same room as the main viewing area. If I use the Sony's for pc gaming, I will need a desktop mic that hopefully won't pickup the TV. Since I can't use the Sony mic and stereo functions at the same time

Get a dynamic mic within your budget.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

re: tips, I find that spinfits, moondrop spring tips, or occasionally jvc spiral dots are the most comfortable option depending on the iem.

if i had to pick one, it would be the spring tips probably. and i've tried a loving lot of tips.

the azla crystal tips are very nice but they are slightly a pain to insert / remove due to their inherent stickiness, and they stick to themselves when they warm up which bothers me more than it should, since it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

foams can be great but they last a few months at best whereas I have a pair of spiral dots that are many, many years old.

also try final tips, for some people they're the end-all and they come in a ton of sizes.

e: if you are a 7hz timeless enjoyer, try spring tips i beg of you

My god I never expected to go down a rabbit hole on loving ear tips.

I have now ordered the spiral dots...and will probably order all the others you mentioned.... My poor wallet.

*Edit - canceled the order because it was misleading. The package image showed a sampler.. but it doesn't look like I can actually get a sampler :(.

Still going to order but I need a sampler cause I have no idea what size I will be happy with yet.

Kilazar fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 10, 2022

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Wheeee posted:

Oh? Really? poo poo. Including their ANC/Isolation measurements? Obviously ANC is a difficult thing to measure, might include personal differences, what test suite is being used, predicability of noises, head turning, etc. etc.

Looking at further reviews there seems to be more variance about opinions about the Opus' ANC performance. I might look at (legitimately) refurbished XM4s/XM3s that are not widely available to people to see if they have any in store and Amazon Prime deals tomorrow. I'm honestly considering the SoundCore Q45 and Edifier. The Edifiers are all plastic so that's a bit concerning but they're almost third of the price of the Soundcore. Might just grab them as temporary ANC headphones. Sadly they connect through USB end-to-end, which is a minus in my opinion because I'd like to use my DAC to adjust volume. Oh well, I'm sure the built-in volume controls work.

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

Dessel posted:

Oh? Really? poo poo. Including their ANC/Isolation measurements? Obviously ANC is a difficult thing to measure, might include personal differences, what test suite is being used, predicability of noises, head turning, etc. etc.

I think the ANC/Isolation plots should be fine, they're just a little harder to read compared to something like what SoundGuys does with their inverted axis. The other stuff though... ehhhhh... sometimes it seems like they're trying to confuse and mystify people with measures of various things that may not be as important as they look. Also, some of those charts like the spatialization/soundstage are not going to ever describe a single human's experience because of the nature of how ears work.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit
I read this thread and barely understood any of it but I got some of the WH-1000XM5 and they make stuff insanely quiet. I'm around droning noises a lot so it seems like the ideal use case, kind of eerie, I'm not sure I'll be able to use them when I need to be able to hear the landline ring.

Edit: when there's not noise I'm going to stick to my open Sennheisers so my head doesn't feel like it's in a little box

slurm fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 11, 2022

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

So the Bose 700s are on sale with Prime membership for ~175€ for further 8h. I could potentially get the XM3s domestically for around 180€. There were still Amazon warehouse deals on the XM4s for 220-230€ yesterday but those seem gone now, and 250€ with a 1-year-warranty pre-owned in EU doesn't sound like a deal when the "normal" deal price at the moment on Amazon for the XM4s is 270€.

The XM4s probably aren't 100€ better than the Boses, right? Especially for my use case which is mostly to block noise from people and a portable AC unit. And the loudest the AC gets is when the compressor switches on which causes some rattling and typical compressor noises, which I presume mostly to be on the treble/medium-range. And Boses are slightly better than the XM4s blocking mid-to-high-freaquencies but perceivably worse on the low freaquency range. Boses might be a touch less comfortable though. They might heat the ear lobe less than the XM4s. The fact the Bose's sound signature is more neutral is appealing if I'm driving them directly from a TV without the ability to EQ them through PC or smartphone.

I probably shouldn't skip the Prime deal for the Bose's for my use case if the 180€ XM3s fall through, right?

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
Final Tips trip report.. THESE are the tips that work for me. I am finding anything the foam cores are comfortable for about 30 minutes or so. After 30 minutes the foam starts to feel like it's pressing too hard against my ear canal as it has fully expanded. The final tips don't have foam and I can wear them all day long.

Kilazar fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Oct 12, 2022

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Kilazar posted:

My god I never expected to go down a rabbit hole on loving ear tips.

I have now ordered the spiral dots...and will probably order all the others you mentioned.... My poor wallet.

Yeah it sucks but the only way to attain true comfort with universal IEMs is to find Your Tip that works with Your Ears. Once you figure it out you can stop shopping around.

Kilazar posted:

Final Tips trip report.. THESE are the tips that work for me.

Hey you found them! Congrats!

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:
They look weird but my wireless EX1000s sound awesome.

I got the FiiO UTWS5 mmcx wireless adapters and mmcx->exk adapters. Sound is basically the same as when they were wired up, and I can take them even louder than I could with my phone if I wanted. Battery life is decent too, like 5-6hrs on a single charge at least. No issues comfort-wise either, I actually have less issues now with them falling out of my ears when they were wired up because of the wireless adapter.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I got on the Senn HD-660 S at $299 deal. Loving them. My favorites over the years have been Beyer DT-990 & DT-770, AKG Q701 and Senn HD-650, haven't updated my headphone collection in about a decade now :ohdear: Really fell off from my college days and up til like 2012 or so, back when I made threads like this one. Anyway - I've read that these are polarizing but for my tastes they're very nice sounding cans. Driver feels faster than the HD-650's, maybe not as much sub bass going on but the bass still has impact, clearer than on the HD-650. They have a good overall midrange character, easy to hear different elements of the sound. I am digging the sound presentation and enjoying listening with them. I doubt they'll replace the Q701 as my mixing reference cans, at least not until I've had a whole lot more time with them, but I dunno, there's a lot of clarity to the mids here that I might want to listen close with sometime.

Edit: Been listening to them all evening, and comparing A/B with the HD-650 - I feel they are an improvement on the older 600 models, at least to my ears. They seem considerably more responsive when it comes to reproduction of lower frequencies and midrange. Hearing some small elements of recordings, little mixing choices as far as panning and fading, etc. very well with them.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 14, 2022

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I got my first pair of Air Pods (pro 2) and they are great in every way except for the small fact that I can't get the loving things to stay in my ears. I've been trying all the included sizes and medium seems to work best but they still slide out over time causing the really great ANC to be less effective and I end up constantly adjusting them.

I've been looking at after market foam tips and am seeing a lot of mixed reviews. I use Comply tips with my IEMs that work well but saw some complaints about the Air Pods Pro version available, are there any other kinds to check out?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I've been looking at after market foam tips and am seeing a lot of mixed reviews. I use Comply tips with my IEMs that work well but saw some complaints about the Air Pods Pro version available, are there any other kinds to check out?

The Comply tips had an awful first version, but very quickly released a second version and did right by those who bought the first. Can't recommend them enough if you already like them on other IEMs.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Yeah I got the comply ones for my wife and they’ve been good

Mr. Mercury
Aug 13, 2021

in general memory foam is pretty forgiving because it directly addresses shortcomings in design, namely the fact that in-ears have the inherent drawback of not being designed for your ears. You roll 'em in your fingers, they compress down, put 'em in your ear holes and they expand to fit.

of course, the more features you can have to address fit issues the better (<3 u earhooks), but you're not gonna get that most times with TWS.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Kinera (t)URD. Not that bad, pretty good. I would say I wish it staged better, as is its kind of middle-road. Still a nice iem. I got the SoundPeats Live that isnt out yet. It's not bad for a TWS. 12mm DD, masssive deep bass, decent mids and treble. Acutally sounds kind of wide. I don't mind them and I generally hate TWS stuff.

Penon Serial. Good, I need to check them out more but they seemed quite decent.

I bought myself another pair of Softears RSV that was mangled by a dumb rear end. Replaced the 2 pin, replaced the mid-bore dampers. Back to gorgeous.

I actually use chopped in half compys a lot. Works great for my ears.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I've had the Penon Vortex for about a month now. I like this set a lot, it's become my daily driver and I have rarely used anything else since they arrived. Fun tuning with some extra midbass but not bloated at all, very natural sounding vocals, very good in terms of resolution and soundstage for the price bracket, it's just a great set for what I listen to (basically all types of rock music). Best of all, they're very small/lightweight shells, and they're so easy to drive they even sound great right out of my Macbook headphone jack.

Can't match the 2 planar sets I own (Timeless and LETSHOER S12) in terms of technicalities, but I like the Vortex tuning better than either of them.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Can someone tell me the differences between the beyerdynamic dt 770, 880, and 990 and also the differences between the different ohm versions?(yeah i googled it, but all the answers is in headphone jargon I dont get)

Macksy fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 16, 2022

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

surprised at how good ANC is on the airpod pros 2 considering the "light" ear seal relative to the Sony WF-XM4s

i'm getting the sense that there's still a lot of room to improve ANC on the software front (e.g., neural net based ANC). it might end up that companies like apple with a strong software team are going to have an advantage here

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Macksy posted:

Can someone tell me the differences between the beyerdynamic dt 770

Closed back, isolates you from outside noise and prevents sound leaking out

quote:

Semi-open back, lets more noise in and out

quote:

and 990

Open back, lets most noise in and out

quote:

and also the differences between the different ohm versions?

Higher ohms models are meant for studio use where they’re being plugged into tons of random sources some of which won’t play nice with lower impedance headphones, high impedance headphones are mostly a relic of the past and unless you know you need them for some reason you don’t want them. For a long time it was believed the different ohm variants had slightly different tuning but according to some audio engineer who’s measured a bunch of them those Beyers just have a lot of unit variance.

What are you looking to use them for? None are tuned well for listening to music, whereas if you just need durable headphones for tracking or monitoring that’s literally what they’re made for, 770 if you need sound isolation or 880 if you don’t.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

770 has a lot of bass going on because of the closed back, but it's a pretty good sounding closed headphone I reckon. I personally enjoy how the 990 sounds for music (more of a "fun" than an accurate tuning to them, kinda hyped sound), whereas the 770 I use for monitoring with isolation, which they provide pretty well. Exceptionally durable headphones, and if you look you can find them for like $120-140 on Amazon sometimes (DT-990 for $124, DT-770 for $137), which is a good deal if you ask me.

I haven't found the higher ohm models to be particularly difficult to power, and have used them off of laptop headphone jacks and portable players in the time that I've had 'em. The pads wear out eventually but replacements are readily available, and eventually can be a while depending on how often you use them and all that.

I paid $199 for my DT-990 in 2011 and $169 for my DT-770 'round the same time, they're still going strong.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Oct 16, 2022

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I'm wondering if any wireless headphones like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01E3SNNGW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

have USB-C connections?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Any made in the last few years will yeah, the Beats Flex and Powerbeats (non-pro) both do.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

njsykora posted:

Any made in the last few years will yeah, the Beats Flex and Powerbeats (non-pro) both do.

Marvellous, thanks very much!

Nuggan
Jul 17, 2006

Always rolling skulls.
I could use a recommendation for a new set of headphones for general computer use: Gaming, zoom calls, youtube videos, and music.

I've been using a SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC for the past year, and I was happy with the audio quality, but my current set literally had the plastic crumble in my hands and fall apart when I took them off today. This was my third set of them, as the first two sets arrived broken (bad mic on one, no sound from the headphones on the other), but they were replaced immediately. This set is one month out of warranty now. Pretty tired with Arctis and want something else.

I'm completely out of the loop these days on what is good. Are external soundcards and amps still recommended for gaming?

Searching around the internet, I've seen these mentioned, but frustratingly nowhere around seems to have any I could go try on:

HyperX Cloud Orbit S
Drop + EPOS PC38X
Sennheiser HD 560 S
DT 770 PRO 250

I would love some advice on if any of these would be good for my use case, or any other good recommendations, and if theres any other hardware required (soundcards, dac, etc).

I've got a separate mic already, so while having one on the headset is nice its not required. I generally prefer wired headsets. I'm looking in the sub $200 range, but if there is something slightly over that is worth the price I'd be up for checking it out.

Wheeee posted:

Winner winner chicken dinner.

If you don't need the isolation of a closed back the HD560S is phenomenal, not just for the price, it's legit really fuckin good.

Plug them into your motherboard, if you hear no hiss or noise floor and think they sound fine then you don't need an amp.

Thank you, ordered these and they are arriving today. Can't wait to try them out.

They arrived and they are fantastic, thanks again!

Nuggan fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 18, 2022

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Nuggan posted:

Sennheiser HD 560 S

Winner winner chicken dinner.

If you don't need the isolation of a closed back the HD560S is phenomenal, not just for the price, it's legit really fuckin good.

Plug them into your motherboard, if you hear no hiss or noise floor and think they sound fine then you don't need an amp.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Final chapter of "my gf really loving loved the HD 599", a GRWM tiktok video

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7155136256849071365

I apologize for inflicting this upon you all. In my defense I waited my entire life to gift someone headphones and have the person actually love them so now that I lived the dream I'm torturing you as well.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

no worries it's cute that you're so stoked, these forums could use more of that

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
hell yeah. headphones are rad, people enjoying headphones are rad.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
As one of the like five people (or so it feels!) who owns a modern phone that still has a 3.5mm jack, it's proving surprisingly difficult to find wired earbuds for mobile that meet my needs and also can hold up to a bit of movement without the cable going screwy and starting to cut out, so I figured I'd come here for help:

Budget - Up to about US$70/C$100 - my birthday is coming up so I might be able to get them as a gift
Source - Android phone, Sony Xperia 5 III
Isolation Requirements - Isolation is actually kinda a negative here - my use case is commuting/walking, office listening, and occasional listening while I'm home but away from my desktop setup doing chores or whatever - in all these situations I still want to be able to hear things like station announcements, oncoming vehicles, or MY WIFE yelling
Preferred Type of Headphone - Wired, and I prefer earbuds, generally. Ideally I'd like the variety that have the hooks around the ears to hold them up without needing to worry about ear fit, but these seem rare? I'd also like an inline mic so I can take calls/talk to Google Assistant.
Preferred Tonal Balance - Probably balanced, if only because I listen to such a wide variety of stuff
Past Headphones - Avantree E171 - Current pair, I like the form factor and the sound was decent, but they're starting to do that annoying thing where if I move the wrong way the sound cuts out and I have to twist the plug or cable to get contact again - and in comparison, my desktop headphones, when plugged into my phone, don't do this at all - so I figure I need something with a more durable cable?
- Jabra Elite 45e - inherited a pair of Bluetooth buds from my wife because they didn't fit her ears, sound quality is okay and neckband is a plus in the "not losing them" department but ideally I'd still prefer wired - not having to charge things or deal with weird signal issues is a plus
- HyperX Cloud II - old reliable desktop gaming headphones, love everything except the faux leather ear covers flaking off but having since replaced those, all's well in the world
- HTC USonic - liked the sound balance but they came with my old phone and had custom software for it so this was probably down to cheating
Preferred Music - all over the place honestly - melodic metal, alt-rock, game and movie soundtracks, random web videos/streaming content and mobile games, etc, etc

Your thoughts and recommendations would be a big help, thanks!

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Dallan Invictus posted:

As one of the like five people (or so it feels!) who owns a modern phone that still has a 3.5mm jack

This isn’t the answer you’re looking for, but have you tried modern TWS from a decent company like Sony, Apple, or Samsung?

Galaxy Buds2 are like $100 these days and they really don’t give up much if anything compared to most wired sets in that price range. Might be worth checking out from a store with easy returns, especially with how good transparency modes have become.

If you’re hard stuck on wires I get that, the Moondrop Arias are one of the most common wired recommendation in that price range, I have the Moondrop KXXS which uses the same driver platform and graphs nearly identical and enjoy them. Dunu’s Titan S in that price range is quite popular as well but I haven’t heard it, from graphs and others’ impressions it’s a brighter/flatter tuned Aria.

Arias have an issue with paint flaking off in humid environments and aren’t exactly known for durability however, so despite not having heard the Titan S I’d lean toward recommending it if you tend to break IEMs just because I’ve seen fewer people with issues, tho they do come up. Poor QC is a fact of life with most affordable IEMs unfortunately.

Here’s a broadly respected reviewer guy’s opinion on sub-$100 IEMs, I didn’t mention his top pick Etymotic because you don’t want sound isolation, but he’s correct that they sound far and away better than anything else in their price range if you can handle the fit.

https://youtu.be/ks6PGwD6Cjo

He has some collaboration IEMs he worked on the tuning for with some manufacturers, one of which ‘Truthear x Crinacle Zero’ is $50 and tuned almost exactly to the Harman target, which is a consumer preference target that Harman/AKG has been pushing hard for years. I’m not a fan but a lot of people are, so there’s that for a more affordable option.

Everything I’ve mentioned has replaceable cables, which may be helpful, and may not if you gently caress up the connector socket, depends how rough you are.