Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

indigi posted:

what if it's a parody of that. does it reconstitute into art

yes, see: Freddy Got Fingered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Antonymous posted:

Hegel said when art becomes self referencial & ironic the art dissolves itself and is destroyed. or something like that I can barely understand the guy

this is also why everything Troma's done since the nineties is poo poo

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

did anyone see triangle of sadness yet

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Just Go Watch Triangle Of Sadness

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Antonymous posted:

no but I watched Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 last night

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Antonymous posted:

No but I watched Crypt of the Vampire starring the great Christopher Lee

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Antonymous posted:

Turn on your triangle shaped monitor

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Antonymous posted:

Hegel said when art becomes self referencial & ironic the art dissolves itself and is destroyed. or something like that I can barely understand the guy

first as irony, then as farts

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

Turn on your triangle shaped monitor

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

gently caress Triangle View give me Normal View

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV53mhpc1Ww

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

go see Triangle of Sadness in a theater before it's too late cause it won't be as fun at home. like uncut gems. you have to be in the poo poo

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

also don't watch the trailers go in as blind as you can. trailers give away too much. I didn' tknow poo poo my partner made me go. it ruled.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

as a movie it's a 7/10 but as an EXPERIENCE... 10/10. in the theater. just go see it

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

MacheteZombie posted:

No but I watched Crypt of the Vampire starring the great Christopher Lee

hell yeah, I recently checked out Dark Places (1974) with Christopher Lee and Joan Collins trying to swindle a man out of money hidden in a haunted house

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

it just won Palme d'Or so it'll be playing around you somewhere. unless you live in flyover country. then... good luck

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

it's not playing in my city yet shut da gently caress up

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

if you say "why do they keep making these loving superhero movies" but then you don't go see Triangle of Sadness. you're the problem. bullet in your head when the revolution comes

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
cool!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Antonymous posted:

if you say "why do they keep making these loving superhero movies" but then you don't go see Triangle of Sadness. you're the problem. bullet in your head when the revolution comes

individual action isn't able to produce systemic change. smh

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

you could put a hit out on Feige

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

propaganda of the deed my man

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
more like triangle... of badness!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

YaketySass posted:

many people are saying this

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

YaketySass posted:

i say swears online posted:

many people are saying this

well I was going to see it but now i'm not so sure. maybe I'll check out the new marvel fare instead!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

well I was going to see it but now i'm not so sure. maybe I'll check out the new marvel fare instead!

a hundred million in ticket sales can't be wrong! i say go for it dude

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I gotta keep posting about Triangle of Sadness because if I just mention "you should see this incredible malaysian/taiwanese film called I Don't Want To Sleep Alone" youll just nod and blaze right past it and NEVER go and see it even though you would like it and instead sit down to see hollywood slop like Nope or whatever racist fantasy series the streaming sites are putting out because the advertisement and desire to be on the in crowd like when this thread was frothing at the mouth sputtering out the words Nathan Felder and The Rehearsal for week after week I couldn't loving stand it so I just watched the drat thing and then hey I can join the conversation I know what these fucks are talking about and when you See Triangle Of Sadness you will know as well. You will be part of The Inside you're just mad you're stuck on The Outside like a burgerking commercial before the youtube they don't care if you want to see the message you will see it over and over and then their sales of the new whopper go up 3 points and the campaign was worth it I gotta keep posting about it so that it sticks in your mind and when a friend says you wanna get together sunday you can say yah we can see a matinée of Triangle of Sadness and you and your friend will bond and you will think thank god that poster went absolutely ham and turned everyone against him talking about the movie and saying its name a bunch so it stuck in my head and gave me a subconscious desire to see it just to tell him to shut the gently caress up from The Inside

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

maybe i'll watch morbius tonight

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I will be watching devil in a blue dress instead.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I will be watching devil in a gold dress instead.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I don't want to sleep alone sounds better to me than triangle of sadness

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Antonymous posted:

I gotta keep posting about Triangle of Sadness because if I just mention "you should see this incredible malaysian/taiwanese film called I Don't Want To Sleep Alone" youll just nod and blaze right past it and NEVER go and see it even though you would like it and instead sit down to see hollywood slop like Nope or whatever racist fantasy series the streaming sites are putting out because the advertisement and desire to be on the in crowd like when this thread was frothing at the mouth sputtering out the words Nathan Felder and The Rehearsal for week after week I couldn't loving stand it so I just watched the drat thing and then hey I can join the conversation I know what these fucks are talking about and when you See Triangle Of Sadness you will know as well. You will be part of The Inside you're just mad you're stuck on The Outside like a burgerking commercial before the youtube they don't care if you want to see the message you will see it over and over and then their sales of the new whopper go up 3 points and the campaign was worth it I gotta keep posting about it so that it sticks in your mind and when a friend says you wanna get together sunday you can say yah we can see a matinée of Triangle of Sadness and you and your friend will bond and you will think thank god that poster went absolutely ham and turned everyone against him talking about the movie and saying its name a bunch so it stuck in my head and gave me a subconscious desire to see it just to tell him to shut the gently caress up from The Inside

terrible meltdown

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Antonymous posted:

didnt read

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Antonymous posted:

tldr, but will definitely check it out. Ruben Östlund is an absolutely amazing and I really loved The Square and Force Majeure. Amazing satires of the 21th urban haute bourgeosie and some of the best black comedies in the last 10 years. everyone in this thread should watch them

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Antonymous posted:

"kill yourself because you did not consume <product>"

truly you have the spirit of a revolutionary

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

indigi posted:

what if it's a parody of that. does it reconstitute into art

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Accident man 2 review : first fight 0 seconds in, first kill 2 mins in, first extended fight scene 5 minutes in

Scott Adkins does not waste the viewers time. I love him

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

oscarthewilde posted:

tldr, but will definitely check it out. Ruben Östlund is an absolutely amazing and I really loved The Square and Force Majeure. Amazing satires of the 21th urban haute bourgeosie and some of the best black comedies in the last 10 years. everyone in this thread should watch them

i loved Force Majeure but was quite a bit cooler on the square

they did an american remake of FM with will ferrell and julia louis-dreyfuss and it looked awful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY5SrKf_2ic

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
i'm going to watch crimson tide and you can't stop me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i think they're going to do an american remake of the brilliant ANOTHER ROUND too, and i'm sure that will also be loving awful

e: i guess leo is attached to star for now.... that could be good