Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

ferroque posted:

Format needs more lethality so badly. Every deck being a giant minion pile is so boring.

What’s boring is watching while a control deck takes 20 minutes to actually get to its win condition.

Mayveena fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

No Wave posted:

If he were 6 or 7 he would have to have a better than 1 in 3 shot of taking denathrius. As is he's a very good card that can win you the game vs denathrius 30% of games where he is in the deck, at 6 or 7 he's a niche tech card that doesnt even work most of the time.

Maybe make him discover one of two cards rather than three, still powerful but a bit less reliable for stealing win cons, and more potential to bite you in the rear end.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ferroque posted:

Format needs more lethality so badly. Every deck being a giant minion pile is so boring.

I blame Renathal

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

giant minion piles are cool and fun actually

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Sloppy posted:

Maybe make him discover one of two cards rather than three, still powerful but a bit less reliable for stealing win cons, and more potential to bite you in the rear end.

How about "Battlecry: Discover a card in each player's hand and swap them. You only have 5 seconds to take the rest of your turn"

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Discover a card in your opponents hand, to be swapped with a random card in yours?

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Discover if you would have won this game (AI plays it out in 0.1s) and force the losing player to automatically concede.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I found the nerf from the Warsong Commander Paradigm Timeline:

Battlecry: Give a random minion in each player's hand +1 Attack.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Only nerf Theotar needs is 1-2 mana, if that.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I felt moderately awful for my Rogue opponent who held back Theotar and both Shadowsteps until I had completed my quest and went fishing three times for Xyrella, coming up empty. "What was that?"

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Tavern Brawl this week is a Standard version of Fury of Kael'Thas so it probably won't be 100% Druids by 12:00pm on Wednesday. Every third spell you cast costs 0. I won on the first try by just throwing out Rune of the Archmage and praising Yogg. Drakefire Amulet is also probably solid. The person I was playing against was trying a Naga Priest thing which would probably also work reasonably well.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Patch notes https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23852692/24-4-3-patch-notes

Changes:

Theotar increased from 4 mana to 5 mana

Stag Wildseed changed to a 4/3 from a 5/4

Bear Wildseed changed to a 2/4 from a 2/5

Harpoon Gun reverted to discount 2 mana from a Beast instead of 3.

quote:

We don’t want him (Theotar) to be one of the most popular cards in the next expansion, and our goal with this change is to lower his playrate across all ranks. If his playrate doesn’t drop significantly with this change, we’ll evaluate further changes at the next opportunity.

Mayveena fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Oct 13, 2022

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Man I should have played more last night. The rogue deck I was playing was absolutely feasting on hunters and now there won't be any on the ladder :(

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Anyone know anything about Mercenaries? Specifically, about the passive XP from putting dudes in the Training Camp. Is the XP gain linear? Or am I penalized for swapping dudes before the 25 hour mark?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Toshimo posted:

Anyone know anything about Mercenaries? Specifically, about the passive XP from putting dudes in the Training Camp. Is the XP gain linear? Or am I penalized for swapping dudes before the 25 hour mark?

As far as I know, the gain is linear, but there's also no practical reason to take anyone out early unless you need someone to be level 30 right now for a task or you realized you just don't care about leveling someone right now.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lurks With Wolves posted:

As far as I know, the gain is linear, but there's also no practical reason to take anyone out early unless you need someone to be level 30 right now for a task or you realized you just don't care about leveling someone right now.

Because I'm not going to be around for a while after the timer hits, so I'm just swapping now to someone who will get the full benefit.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Toshimo posted:

Because I'm not going to be around for a while after the timer hits, so I'm just swapping now to someone who will get the full benefit.

Okay, yeah, that's a good reason. All I'll add is that it's kind of fiddly to actually remove someone who isn't at max level, but you can figure it out.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Disappointing changes, but I guess there's only so much they can do to change the meta.

Any idea what they are referring to with patch 24.6? Playing this meta (sans Hunter) for two more months will be dull as gently caress.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Boatswain posted:

Disappointing changes, but I guess there's only so much they can do to change the meta.

Any idea what they are referring to with patch 24.6? Playing this meta (sans Hunter) for two more months will be dull as gently caress.

It seems like that's around the time we'd be getting the traditional free preview legendary for next set. Hopefully it'll be weird and meta-shaking.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Sounds like there's going to be another balance patch before the expansion releases. I think they want Theotar to only be played in Wild for example.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I don’t think a balance change merits a “something fun.” I think it’s more likely they’ll do some kind of temporary ladder event, like the Wild cards thing from a few years back. Maybe run it through the month of November and end it when the next expansion comes out.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
If the persistent rumours are true and Death Knights are coming back in some form, it would be pretty crazy to see the old Death Knights come back temporarily as part of the lead-up. That would definitely shake up the meta.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Not wanting theotar playable when nine overpowered hero cards are added to the game. This sounds like the Team 5 I know.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

why the gently caress would theotar playrate change because he costs 5 now instead of 4. are they dumb?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

kater posted:

why the gently caress would theotar playrate change because he costs 5 now instead of 4. are they dumb?

*gestures wildly at Hearthstone in general*

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

kater posted:

It's the kind of change you make when you just want people to go "this card got nerfed, I should take it out of my deck" without actually changing the play pattern. And honestly, I'm not complaining. If they make it super expensive, great, it's another tool that's only usable in control decks that's useless in some matchups and played at a point where it's more likely to hit important stuff in others. Any other nerf would meaningfully change how it works, and if there's one thing we learned from Mindrender Illucia it's that they make cards completely useless when they try that. So sure, gently caress it, I'll take a nerf that only reduces play rate because brains are dumb over that.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

kater posted:

They’ve already said that if the play rate of Theotar in standard doesn’t go way down they’ll nerf him again until the play rate goes down sufficiently.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

victorious posted:

If the persistent rumours are true and Death Knights are coming back in some form, it would be pretty crazy to see the old Death Knights come back temporarily as part of the lead-up. That would definitely shake up the meta.

I'm not sure the old death knight cards as-is would even have any kind of significant impact. They have very little support in the rest of the set, and have been significantly powercrept since they've come out.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Yeah, even setting aside the fact that Demon Hunter doesn’t have one, I don’t think… any of the Death Knights would see play? (Maybe Shadowreaper Anduin?) Rexxar would see play just because it’s a fun card and people like it, but the meta’s not favorable for its grindy effect. Gul’dan is powerful but big Demons are on a low swing right now. The others have all been power crept into oblivion.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

bravesword posted:

The others have all been power crept into oblivion.
You're clearly missing that sweet Uther of the Ebon Blade + Jailer synergy.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

bravesword posted:

Rexxar would see play just because it’s a fun card and people like it, but the meta’s not favorable for its grindy effect.

Remind me, any Wild Rexxar enjoyers, has the make-a-beast discovery pool been updated over the years, or has it stayed the same? Can you get, say, a rat king effect on your beast?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Oenis posted:

Remind me, any Wild Rexxar enjoyers, has the make-a-beast discovery pool been updated over the years, or has it stayed the same? Can you get, say, a rat king effect on your beast?

As far as I know, the list gets updated but they're more willing to say new beasts are too strong or too wordy to make the cut for the hero power pool. So Rat King isn't in the pool afaik because it's a lot of text, but you can get some of the more normal beasts.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Do all the +1s apply to Jaina? That would be insane.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I've been playing this drat game for years, how long does it take to beat it for most people?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

bravesword posted:

Yeah, even setting aside the fact that Demon Hunter doesn’t have one, I don’t think… any of the Death Knights would see play? (Maybe Shadowreaper Anduin?) Rexxar would see play just because it’s a fun card and people like it, but the meta’s not favorable for its grindy effect. Gul’dan is powerful but big Demons are on a low swing right now. The others have all been power crept into oblivion.

Thrall is good enough and is a supported archetype. A more dedicated evolve package than XL control shaman runs right now might not be better, but it could still maybe be tier 2 or 3.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Meta actually feels pretty good right now, though we will have to see how everything shakes out in a week

In the meantime, I am going to force them to delete this card

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I took theotar out of my ramp druid for the dust and tbh i regret it a great deal and probably should just recraft it

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
If for whatever reason you wanted to buy something in Hearthstone, there's a PayPal promo active through Google Play at present: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/google-play-2022

Only 100,000 redemptions, US only.

Hope everyone's had decent luck accruing Play Points for money off expansions. I've found that once you hit ~$30 saved, surveys start coming more infrequently through Opinion Rewards.

Another thing to keep in mind is - if you've ever paid for anything on/through Google Play (with PayPal) prior to this, no :10bux: for you.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 16, 2022

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I just found the old announcement that we aren’t getting any single player content, which I’m mostly fine with.

So, uh, did we find out who killed the Sire? Was it Sylvannus? Or is his card supposed to indicate that he wasn’t actually killed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

getting two ads every time you go through a menu makes this game feel so loving low rent